Simulated intimacy in SL vs the world ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean we get you want a totally overhauled animation system. But I mean hey, I may not like it. But that doesn't mean I notice it a lot. There is tonnes of user created content and regions made to what you want. And I mean I hear a lot about it on social media. No one has said it was icky, not even once. But you are demanding for LL to advertise it. I mean fine yeah. But how do you want them to advertise it? The point is, we all know sex exists in SL. It is definitely not underground. So what do you exactly want?

25 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

For someone with no interest in adult content or activities, sure do seem to care a lot about it.

Well yeah I see it a lot. That and I am a second life resident. So yeah I do care about SL and it's continuation. So I mean we would have to approach this carefully and yes tastefully. Even though most people and their grandma's know about sex in SL. 

• Like 1

The OP isn't filled with a lot of "ideas" or "examples of what they want LL to do. The only definitive thing I have gotten was overhaul the animation systems.

A lot of the time posts are created with a wide berth of what it really is about and then we go back and forth for pages and everyone throws in their opinion on what the OP really wants. How can you be off topic when you don't know what the topic is?

Let's have an A. B. C. of the changes that you want to have happen and how that will result in new residents finding the platform something they want to join.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

This is a moral panic from people.

You're dimissing anyone who sees a flaw in your idea as a prude. If you're so desperate to shut people down, why post here to begin with? Get a discord with friends who will stroke your ego and always agree with you. Like all the other narcissists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

The OP isn't filled with a lot of "ideas" or "examples of what they want LL to do. The only definitive thing I have gotten was overhaul the animation systems.

A lot of the time posts are created with a wide berth of what it really is about and then we go back and forth for pages and everyone throws in their opinion on what the OP really wants. How can you be off topic when you don't know what the topic is?

Let's have an A. B. C. of the changes that you want to have happen and how that will result in new residents finding the platform something they want to join.

That's the crux of the issue.  An animation overhaul would be awesome.  No one can disagree with that.  Whether they are adult animations or not isn't important but...how LL.goes about marketing such an upgrade would have a significant impact.  Telling the existing user base is pointless as we'd hear about it here in the forums or elsewhere.  Having really awesome animations for interacting with others however one chooses, including intimately, would be a boost to membership IMO.

Aside from implementing new ways to animate,  LL needs to hire someone competent in advertising/marketing.  Like an actual advertising firm?  One with some personnel willing to join SL and find out what it's all about?  From actual.users and not LL management?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I can't tell what this thread is about anymore -- it's always been a bit of a mess -- or what is "on topic."

I think we may be spinning our wheels a bit at this point. I know I am.

Better animation system? Let's do it!

Higher profile for adult content? Sure, handled intelligently and with a sensitivity to the delicate balance and complexity of the overall culture and economy of SL.

But I think I said all that in my first post here, on page 6.

And with that, I'm out! Ta ta dahlings!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We ARE all talking in circles now. We know we care about SL, and want it to keep going strong.  Anyone care to discuss how alpha masking VS blending affects our creations? Or urolagnia?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.