Simulated intimacy in SL vs the world ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, danababy69 said:

i've not got ahold of anythin, just know what the traffic stats show when you do searches, and the amount of times i've been propositioned for sex, in A, M, and G rated sims reach absurd numbers.. you can argue it all you want, but i can be out shoppin, and will get propositioned for sex, i can put on me profile 'not interested in sex' and will still get propositioned, it's pretty self evident, if you cant see it, you've willfully put blinders on

This has happened to me countless times in Guild Wars 2.

Pitiful pickup lines are everywhere online. Just internet things.

• Like 5

4c96b37a938b766c71d3de2f826e155f.thumb.png.d70362e6c36c5ff77a3240d86d08c602.png

57 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Destination guide does not, open it incognito and see .. the adult link is right there at the bottom, but then you have to click the A

The point of the DG is marketing as much as informing people of what there is to do. It's pretty much the only "why join SL at all" marketing on the entire website.

Adult content does not show in the viewers built in DG, regardless of personal settings.

Getting adult locations listed at all depends on them being submitted without actually mentioning anything adult because of the stipulation they must meet google, bing and yahoo's adult content guidelines.

Really .. go have a look at the actual listings, it's a waste of time and utterly useless to anyone actually looking for adult content.

SL is an adult place for adults who sometimes do adult things. OMG SHHHHHHH !!!

If you use search and then Destination Guide, adult shows up.  I've showed it before.  It just doesn't show up on the floater thingy.  It shows up just as it does on the web page.

It's not on LL if people don't know how to describe their Adult areas within the guidelines.  I helped build an adult region once and had no issue getting it into.the Guide.  YMMV.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Is that everyone on Sansar? Who didn't make it .. did you not invite them on purpose? What's the drama?!

LOl i swear those are friends who already happened to be online. Didn't even have to send out the bat signal. TBF there's nowhere near the amount of people in Sansar as sl. It has it's fans though. 

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This has happened to me countless times in Guild Wars 2.

Pitiful pickup lines are everywhere online. Just internet things.

that's kinda me point, @Scylla Rhiadra comment suggested i were holdin some part of an elephant, base on the idea of the  ubiquity of sex in SL i point out.. as it's not just an SL only related phenomena , but also an internet culture one as well

• Like 2

It's bad when you can't even sit out on the beach at this one sim I like to frequent, watching the moon and the waves, cozy by the campfire....and then these guys come by...bothering me...

I'm gonna start sending out notice alerts...you know those sim-wide messages you can send to the entire estate:

"AMBER ALERT: Horny naked man roaming the beach at coordinates 79,66.22, heading north/northwest toward the residential area".

LOL I would love for the guy to see the message.

But really, do we need more of this?  Advertising SL as a place where sex is prominent will only increase it.

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Is that everyone on Sansar? Who didn't make it .. did you not invite them on purpose? What's the drama?!

I really didn't know what Sansar was all about. I thought it was a virtualization technology that was going to be added to SL, not a separate platform.  But I never looked into it after LL gave up on it, and that was the first I ever heard of it.

1 minute ago, danababy69 said:

that's kinda me point, @Scylla Rhiadra comment suggested i were holdin some part of an elephant, base on the idea of the  ubiquity of sex in SL i point out.. as it's not just an SL only related phenomena , but also an internet culture one as well

I agree, but that's definitely not limited to just SL. Go anywhere on the Internet as a woman (or female character or avatar) and you'll wish for a minute of peace. 😄

I wouldn't say GW2 is a very sexual place because of that, though. Or WoW. Or TikTok. Or Reddit. Or *voice trails off for an hour*

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

"I want sex to be advertised more, and so the reason Sansar didn't make it was because it was not advertised more"   LOL

I have a feeling poseballing will be coming to Sansar soon. Along with new hair. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's bad when you can't even sit out on the beach at this one sim I like to frequent, watching the moon and the waves, cozy by the campfire....and then these guys come by...bothering me...

I'm gonna start sending out notice alerts...you know those sim-wide messages you can send to the entire estate:

"AMBER ALERT: Horny naked man roaming the beach at coordinates 79,66.22, heading north/northwest toward the residential area".

But really, do we need more of this?  Advertising SL as a place where sex is prominent will only increase it.

at first yes, there will be a spike of people like that, but when they all see, that half the women cant be arsed, or wont engage in certain activities with them.. when they realise they cant get it, they'll die off and move on with their lives.. it's a sin for salvation kinda thinger, you let them have their fill of it, so they can get it out their system, and they'll go about their lives--- but we're not talkin about strictly advertisin, refer to what i said one page ago, it's  about removin the stigma around sex, and not penalisin people for engagin in sex related activity.. the majority user base is, participatin in sex, when you refuse to represent your user base, you will lose them.. people here for the sexual aspects will altogether leave, if they feel they have no presence, no say, no voice, no freedom to be them, but in the dark recesses of some corner of SL... SL is an outlet, and a healthy one for people, who have niche desires they cant exactly play out in RL, it's safe here as well, you can block a troublesome person, the idea is to let people know that they are free to be them, since that is why they come here

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

"I want sex to be advertised more, and so the reason Sansar didn't make it was because it was not advertised more"   LOL

I have a feeling poseballing will be coming to Sansar soon. Along with new hair. 

I loved Sansar.

Everyone I talked to just didn't want to leave all the stuff they bought and their friends.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danababy69 said:
11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Expand  

at first yes, there will be a spike of people like that, but when they all see, that half the women cant be arsed, or wont engage in certain activities with them.. when they realise they cant get it, they'll die off and move on with their lives.. it's a sin for salvation kinda thinger, you let them have their fill of it, so they can get it out their system, and they'll go about their lives--- but we're not talkin about strictly advertisin, refer to what i said one page ago, it's  about removin the stigma around sex, and not penalisin people for engagin in sex related activity.. the majority user base is, participatin in sex, when you refuse to represent your user base, you will lose them.. people here for the sexual aspects will altogether leave, if they feel they have no presence, no say, no voice, no freedom to be them, but in the dark recesses of some corner of SL... SL is an outlet, and a healthy one for people, who have niche desires they cant exactly play out in RL, it's safe here as well, you can block a troublesome person, the idea is to let people know that they are free to be them, since that is why they come here

I don't think it's hidden away, or that LL is "ashamed" of sexual activity here. I think it's just not advertised. Most people in the world, you know, think sexuality is more of a private matter, and so they are catering to the majority.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I loved Sansar.

Everyone I talked to just didn't want to leave all the stuff they bought and their friends.

Yep, I heard the same thing. I divide my time between the two, theres good things about both and when I'm finding one place kinda meh i can hop to the other, since they're similar and offer a creative outlet/social space. The community is incredibly small but really helpful. Like sl was. 

• Like 3

I don't think it's hidden away, or that LL is "ashamed" of sexual activity here. I think it's just not advertised. Most people in the world, you know, think sexuality is more of a private matter, and so they are catering to the majority.

whilst i can agree that sex ought to be private, SL adult sims have sex viewed very much publicly, and they do cover it up, they hush it up like it's some dark secret meant only for the initiated.. like freemasonry, as an outsider, it looks like one thing, but once your initiated, you're in on all the dark secrets, and sex in SL is very much treated like that

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, danababy69 said:

whilst i can agree that sex ought to be private, SL adult sims have sex viewed very much publicly, and they do cover it up, they hush it up like it's some dark secret meant only for the initiated.. like freemasonry, as an outsider, it looks like one thing, but once your initiated, you're in on all the dark secrets, and sex in SL is very much treated like that

Can you provide an example where they have "hushed it up"?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, danababy69 said:

i've not got ahold of anythin, just know what the traffic stats show when you do searches, and the amount of times i've been propositioned for sex, in A, M, and G rated sims reach absurd numbers.. you can argue it all you want, but i can be out shoppin, and will get propositioned for sex, i can put on me profile 'not interested in sex' and will still get propositioned, it's pretty self evident, if you cant see it, you've willfully put blinders on

You don't think part of the reason why you get propositioned for sex could be because of your name and the adult groups you have in your profile.  I have never been propositioned for sex or anything while shopping and really rarely get hit on at all.  I actually get hit on more now that I have a partner than I ever did while single.  Not saying that doesn't mean everyone else is not getting hit on or it's not an indication of adult activity but not all of us have this experience.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I really didn't know what Sansar was all about. I thought it was a virtualization technology that was going to be added to SL, not a separate platform.  But I never looked into it after LL gave up on it, and that was the first I ever heard of it.

It was a wholesale attempt to replace SL with no adult content of any kind.

Here come the better people.

And a dozen showed up .. and then  didn't go back or spend or .. well, anything really.

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Did you forget Sansar was actually published on the major PC gaming platform?

See the Steam reviews.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/586110/Sansar/

They aren't kind.

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Zindra. All of Zindra. The mere existence of Zindra.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, danababy69 said:

I disagree with this. I don't think it's "hidden" but it may be hard to find.  A person really wanting to indulge in adult activities will normally ask and do their research.

I really thought this thread was about LL not paying attention, or caring enough about adult activities to put effort into improving animations, however it's become a much broader subject now.

• Confused 1

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You don't think part of the reason why you get propositioned for sex could be because of your name and the adult groups you have in your profile.  I have never been propositioned for sex or anything while shopping and really rarely get hit on at all.  I actually get hit on more now that I have a partner than I ever did while single.  Not saying that doesn't mean everyone else is not getting hit on or it's not an indication of adult activity but not all of us have this experience.  

what's me name got to do with it? that's as bad as sayin 'look what youre wearin, you deserve it' ffs.. whilst me groups may have some'n to do with it, that does not however account for the other's it happens to like me SL mum, me SL sisters(who has no adult groups in their profile), me SL partner, some of me own SL kids.. and whilst i am but a small sample of the example of this happenin, i know loads others have the same thinger

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Zindra. All of Zindra. The mere existence of Zindra.

I see Zindra as an attempt to provide a place where Zendra-ites can be more open with their sexuality, and those who prefer more privacy could be separated from it.

Not that it worked...evidenced by all the annoying guys roaming the sims and bothering women. I even got hit on in a support group for God's sake, where we were talking about the death of loved ones. And at a spiritual dance. Really, I'm more than sick of it, and we don't need to encourage this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you use search and then Destination Guide, adult shows up.  I've showed it before.  It just doesn't show up on the floater thingy.  It shows up just as it does on the web page.

It's not on LL if people don't know how to describe their Adult areas within the guidelines.  I helped build an adult region once and had no issue getting it into.the Guide.  YMMV.

yAmoxj3.png

VS regular search

zOPrWKc.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danababy69 said:

what's me name got to do with it? that's as bad as sayin 'look what youre wearin, you deserve it' ffs.. whilst me groups may have some'n to do with it, that does not however account for the other's it happens to like me SL mum, me SL sisters(who has no adult groups in their profile), me SL partner, some of me own SL kids.. and whilst i am but a small sample of the example of this happenin, i know loads others have the same thinger

Well because typically 69 means you are into or at least are not offended by sexual things.  It's not anything like you deserve it because of your name  but If I was a Horney 30 year old I'd probably hit on someone with your name than Mary Poppins or at least start with someone with a name that indicates they like adult content.  Sorry if you don't agree but it's human nature.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Well because typically 69 means you are into or at least are not offended by sexual things.  It's not anything like you deserve but If I was a Horney 30 year old I'd probably hit on someone with your name than Mary Poppins or at least start with someone with a name that indicates they like adult content.  Sorry if you don't agree but it's human nature.

then their idea would be based on a faulty assumption. they prejudged me based on their symbolic idea, of what 69 means to them, whilst i recognise, that it carries sexual connotations for some, for me however the meanin is imminently more personal than the symbolic representations of sex.. and really, if some'n as simple as 69 at the end'a me name can trigger that response, and those response occurred in vast numbers would that not still illustrate the ubiquity?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.