Simulated intimacy in SL vs the world ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sooo, am pretty sure, no one is sayin to shove sex into people's face against their will, no one is suggestin, that it's the first thinger you see when you arrive in SL, however SL is an adult user platform.. adult activities take place on here  90% of the user base is comin here for adult content, it's plain when you see the traffic to adult sims, the amount of adult furniture bought, and the amount of people who literally join for the sex aspect of the platform, we're not sayin, to parade it, we're not sayin to glorify or glamourise it, we're simply sayin, stop denyin, the adult component of SL and acknowledge it is what it is.. we are talkin about the stigma that is associated with sex, and adult content.. when your user base is vast majority here to engage in adult content, take part in the adult scene, it damages the platform, when you deny and disavow thingers like this, for no other reason than your constituents, are not bein represented.. with a user base this large, nearly all gunnin for the adult content aspects, it seems like you are ashamed of your user base, by coverin up the fact that's what they're here for, if you paint colours over the truth all you want, it doesnt change the underlyin facts that make up the truth, only the way it's perceived 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Coffee isn't asking for LL to toss nekkit avatars out on the homepage (as amusing as that'd be). From what I gathered from her posts, a few smooching avies could work.

/me throws up her hand to volunteer . . . !

Oh. Wait.

Smooching?

meh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Or just showing adult destinations in the guide when people click the adult link, without also needing to magically know they have to click the hidden A.

2E3hMaN.png

Right now .. you see 2 locations  .. SL's entire adult scene is an M rated fine art gallery and a nude beach.

That's it.

2 places, that somehow are in the adult category and also M rated.

m2Bl1WQ.png

If you do know that you must click the hidden A ..then something like 200 locations suddenly show up.

Which is  a tiny fraction of the overall adult side of SL as most places can't get destination guide listings as they don't allow accounts under 30 days in. Not to mention all the places that are deliberately not in search.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Which is  a tiny fraction of the overall adult side of SL as most places can't get destination guide listings as they don't allow accounts under 30 days in. Not to mention all the places that are deliberately not in search.

There is no stipulation about allowing new accounts to get into the Destination Guide. There is actually a Newcomer Friendly section of the Adult catagory.  Most places there are submitted by the owners.  There are restrictions regarding text and visuals allowed.   

@Sammy Huntsman the real complaint is, people come to SL to be free, if you are bein kept in the basement, because your parents are ashamed of you, you're hardly free.. and in this scenario, the people and their sexual nature are what is bein kept in the basement, from the eyes, of who? not the users, cus the users already know what goes on here..  and LL is of course the ashamed parent, lockin you

away in the basement. me only question after that, is 'mummy, i sustain, and take care of you, why do you lock me away?'

Edited by danababy69
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You're logged in? also .. you enabled the A

The A that's deliberately hidden and unknowable to anyone who isn't already familiar with the platform and it's content ratings.

All adult content, even in the forums, requires you to log in.  Any adult content inworld also requires you to enable it.  It's one of the first things people do and it's explained in the new resident areas.

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

All adult content, even in the forums, requires you to log in.  Any adult content inworld also requires you to enable it.  It's one of the first things people do and it's explained in the new resident areas.

Destination guide does not, open it incognito and see .. the adult link is right there at the bottom, but then you have to click the A

The point of the DG is marketing as much as informing people of what there is to do. It's pretty much the only "why join SL at all" marketing on the entire website.

Adult content does not show in the viewers built in DG, regardless of personal settings.

Getting adult locations listed at all depends on them being submitted without actually mentioning anything adult because of the stipulation they must meet google, bing and yahoo's adult content guidelines.

Really .. go have a look at the actual listings, it's a waste of time and utterly useless to anyone actually looking for adult content.

SL is an adult place for adults who sometimes do adult things. OMG SHHHHHHH !!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, danababy69 said:

@Sammy Huntsman the real complaint is, people come to SL to be free, if you are bein kept in the basement, because your parents are ashamed of you, you're hardly free.. and in this scenario, the people and their sexual nature are what is bein kept in the basement, from the eyes, of who? not the users, cus the users already know what goes on here..  and LL is of course the ashamed parent, lockin you

away in the basement. me only question after that, is 'mummy, i sustain, and take care of you, why do you lock me away?'

NGL, I love being in the basement. Basement Apartments are my favourite. Lol. It's so much cooler down there. Sorry for that stupid smart aleck rant. But I do see what you are getting at. 

• Like 2

we're gettin off topic.. the implications of a 'community' bein called negative is the idea, that there, is a group/clique/membership type thinger, and the exclusivity and inclusivity of it, can for the better or the worse, impact how someone perceives it, like in Coffee's instance: 'toxic'-- however to be back on task, we need to stop stigmatisin sex on SL as it is the majority of what takes place on here, to deny that, is to deny the truth of SL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, danababy69 said:

we're gettin off topic.. the implications of a 'community' bein called negative is the idea, that there, is a group/clique/membership type thinger, and the exclusivity and inclusivity of it, can for the better or the worse, impact how someone perceives it, like in Coffee's instance: 'toxic'-- however to be back on task, we need to stop stigmatisin sex on SL as it is the majority of what takes place on here, to deny that, is to deny the truth of SL

Does anyone have an actual stats on the percentage that take part is sexual activities?  My wife and do other things too, and so do our friends. But we are definitely sexual.

@Bagnu it's in the traffic data, it's the shoppin data, it's the profiles of some. Adult sims generate traffic in the tens-hudreds of thousands, a vast gap between that, and the M and G rated sims.. whilst some M rated sims do generate a wealth of traffic, the populations that filter into Adult rated sims, are near exponentially more, so much so, that a well known scheme to attract people to your newly started club, is to have it on adult land, cus people are horny, the maths speak for themselves.. next time you do an SL search for a key word, filter it down to places, and lookit the traffic of adult sims under that keyword, then lookit the traffic of sims with an M or G ratin, under that keyword

Edited by danababy69
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

Does anyone have an actual stats on the percentage that take part is sexual activities?  My wife and do other things too, and so do our friends. But we are definitely sexual.

No way to track that, considering some people meet in SL but take their relationships outside of it (Discord and other chat apps, other games, etc.).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think we've established which part of the elephant you've got hold of . . .

🙃

i've not got ahold of anythin, just know what the traffic stats show when you do searches, and the amount of times i've been propositioned for sex, in A, M, and G rated sims reach absurd numbers.. you can argue it all you want, but i can be out shoppin, and will get propositioned for sex, i can put on me profile 'not interested in sex' and will still get propositioned, it's pretty self evident, if you cant see it, you've willfully put blinders on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.