Yet Another Disillusioned Mainland Land Owner

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Then its up to LL to eliminate this once and for all if it is a problem, but LL itself has said its not a big enough concern to ban the practice,  and has a long list of rules to mitigate any issues that may arise, including allowing a landowner to AR any micro parcel that is interfering with their enjoyment of SL

I do believe they need to be a neighboring landowner though, and not just someone driving down the road being offended by every ad board they see.

You know, to hear people in this forum talk, a drive down a mainland road produces an endless procesion of advertising on micro parcels. I'm surprised there are any roadfront parcels left, they should all be blocked out by micro parcels.

The truth is, micro parcel advertising on a per sim basis is quite limited and not an unreasonable amount at all.

Interesting logic!

Anyone who doesn't buy their neighboring micro parcels deserves a blighted view for not taking personal responsibility.  Just like, a small amount of murder isn't an unreasonable amount at all! 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If I understand properly, you requested an abandoned plot for either "free" or L$16, and are selling it for L$500.

Now, that's taking personal responsibility while creating value!

Good show!

I've never done that. I've never put in a request for land of any size just to sell it. Now you are just making stuff up.

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting logic!

Anyone who doesn't buy their neighboring micro parcels deserves a blighted view for not taking personal responsibility.  Just like, a small amount of murder isn't an unreasonable amount at all! 

Like I said, my parcels for sale don't blight anyone's view

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

What business do you actually run that you're advertising?  Is it just to get clicks for your adult blog?  I don't see a business listed in your profile and normally, only noobs pay attention to mainland ads so who is your target audience?

You have a great night!

Thank you for advertising my blog, the check is in the mail 😂

45 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Like I said, my parcels for sale don't blight anyone's view

Of course not. Yet there's this thread here about the folly of some poor schmuck who didn't have the foresight to buy the 16s in front of their tidy 512 before you showed up and disillusioned them. No extortion, just advice: "Nice little parcel ya got here, shame if somebody were to buy one of those useless 16s and dump an ugly ad on it." Maybe they learned their lesson and will buy the 16s next time. Gee, I wonder who might have some for sale now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

"Nice little parcel ya got here, shame if somebody were to"..

This reminds me of my finer ads for the "Second Life No-Fault Zero-Second Teleport Home Insurance"!

Maybe the company would be willing to add policies for "Second Life No-Fault Micro-Parcel Blight Insurance"..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The owner abandoned it 2 days after I put up my ad board. As for irregular shapes I disagree, he had a modest house with lots of yard space . The 64 m cut of the back to add the road front parcels wouldn't be missed and would be compensated  for by have full road access.

the parcel owner already had road access on the left, 4 metres wide, which is easily wide enough for a driveway/gate to the road. From the pic it appears the parcel owner didn't care for this tho, as they had placed trees in that spot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Thank you for advertising my blog, the check is in the mail 😂

You're welcome!  The reason I asked was you said this in another thread...

On 4/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm not selling advertising with my adboards, I'm self promoting.

As the only thing remotely about that in your profile is your ADULT rated blog would that go against the policy about content being General rated?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
On 4/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm not selling advertising with my adboards, I'm self promoting.

As the only thing remotely about that in your profile is your ADULT rated blog would that go against the policy about content being General rated?  

I wonder how that works when people report things that are against TOS.

LL: "You are in trouble for advertising."

User: "I am not advertising, I'm self promoting."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder how that works when people report things that are against TOS.

LL: "You are in trouble for advertising."

User: "I am not advertising, I'm self promoting."

Isn't this also what sex-workers do? If you're advertising yourself, you're still advertising.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The picture is of one of my 16 sq m 2x protected parcels for sale. Asking price $500 L. I'm not extorting anyone, I'm not destroying anyone's view, if it never sells it never sells, but it always will in a week or two. There isn't a giant glowing for sale sign, just a simple boulder

15 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

microparcel02.png

Come on .. show everyone the rest ... 

mTV1w2s.jpg

• Thanks 11
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

mTV1w2s.jpg

All this mindless unsightly clutter should be ousted. It's the 21st century for pity's sake! Any organisation worth its salt doesn't need advertising. Word of mouth is good enough to make them popular. Ugly ugly ugly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

mTV1w2s.jpg

Not blight or advertising at all! Merely self-promotion!

ETA: Who wouldn't want to live next to that! It rather enhances the view!

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!1!!1!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 5

It's unbelievable. I just caught somebody in the act of chopping up 16s on an Adult region. She got fifteen of them chopped and ten of them set for sale so far. Reported her, of course, but I think we can assume Governance has more urgent problems to address… all the more reason it should simply be impossible to set these things for sale at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

All this mindless unsightly clutter should be ousted. It's the 21st century for pity's sake! Any organisation worth its salt doesn't need advertising. Word of mouth is good enough to make them popular. Ugly ugly ugly.

I went shopping for a 16sqm parcel for a project (more soon if it proves viable)

My experiences shopping for a parcel ... 

• The 16 sqm ad land market seems to be entirely incestuous, predatory and malicious.
  • There are only a few key players and they all have similar tactics.
  • Obnoxious advertising the parcel or parcels potential is the norm, not only "buy the view" but "buy this and make money with advertising!". Get this awesome FREE thing is common, often "security" products so sketchy they seemingly can't give them away.
  • Most of the ads are for the land owners 16sqm land business. Funny .. no one wants to pay to put their actual message on these tiny parcels.
  • Ads might not be rotating, but they are always full bright.
  • Plenty are wedged in between homes or in the middle of open / abandoned plots of land.
  • Prices go from a couple hundred to insane money where someone has pepper dashed the entire region with tiny land mines costing thousands of L$ each.
  • Terms like ROADSIDE, PROTECTED and WATER are often deployed when parcels are "near" a thing.

The intention is always " hey, I'm obnoxious! give me money. "

Those sith towers are something else .. they occupy 16sqm parcels, but they're not for sale.

The practice of buying small roadside, carving it up and selling the 4x4 tiles one by one is the standard business model, although some friendly people will buy large plots, cut a tile out in the middle, and ditch the bulk back to LL.

It is absolutely depressing the land market.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I went shopping for a 16sqm parcel for a project (more soon if it proves viable)

I have a few 'ethical' small area lands if you want to borrow some. there are a lot of absurdly priced 16m2 s but there are(used to be? 199L$ for a 16m2 underwater was too good to pass up >.<) also a handful of low priced small small parcels, mostly from land-cutters.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Of course not. Yet there's this thread here about the folly of some poor schmuck who didn't have the foresight to buy the 16s in front of their tidy 512 before you showed up and disillusioned them. No extortion, just advice: "Nice little parcel ya got here, shame if somebody were to buy one of those useless 16s and dump an ugly ad on it." Maybe they learned their lesson and will buy the 16s next time. Gee, I wonder who might have some for sale now?

I hope they DID learn their lesson, DON'T  buy land with micro parcels between your parcel and the road, assuming they will be vacant forever

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

the parcel owner already had road access on the left, 4 metres wide, which is easily wide enough for a driveway/gate to the road. From the pic it appears the parcel owner didn't care for this tho, as they had placed trees in that spot

As I said in an earlier post, he could have lived with the ad board, and worked around it, but I can imagine he logged in, saw the board and said &$)*&%) ad boards, I'm outta here.

9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're welcome!  The reason I asked was you said this in another thread...

Actually the blog is behind a warning page, so it isn't a direct link to adult content.

Weird.  I don't find a group called Southland Property Management.   I do see BJ's House of Pleasure (adult), BJ's Live Sex Show, BJ's Southland (adult picture) and another but nothing about the business on your ads.  Must be a glitch or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

As I said in an earlier post, he could have lived with the ad board, and worked around it, but I can imagine he logged in, saw the board and said &$)*&%) ad boards, I'm outta here.

Maybe he even clicked your ad and found out it was really an adult blog, got thoroughly grossed out, THEN bailed.

Is a misleading ad that directs the user to an adult site instead of a "construction" company, taking personal responsibility?

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.