**NEWSFLASH** Linden Lab Prepares for "Significant Milestone"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This just in... Patch Linden, Suburban Overlord at Linden Lab has stated that the organization is getting ready for a "significant milestone". We reached out for further comments from the lab, but were told everyone was at a Tony Robins seminar. 

We have no idea what this "significant milestone" could be. 

milestone.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Ditto!

Ditto also.

But, now looking at how Patch worded it:    "LOTS (means more than 1) of projects going on, we're getting ready for a significant milestone, AND (and could mean also) preparing a very large celebration with SL20B."

• Like 3

Is it sad that my default reaction is .. lets just wait and see before getting excited.

I really want a big win, really really. Just a "hey this is great for Second Life, that place I have spent 17 years loving" .. but wow have there been so many disastrous side quests over the years.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Is it sad that my default reaction is .. lets just wait and see before getting excited.

TBF I could have been reading it wrong when he typed "and". Two separate things? Or related? Either way, I'm bored at the office right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Either way, I'm bored at the office right now. 

I'm bored at home right now, I was bored in world.... must be something in the air today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

TBF I could have been reading it wrong when he typed "and". Two separate things? Or related? Either way, I'm bored at the office right now. 

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking that he meant "and also".  Typing in a hurry possibility or he wants it to be a bit mysterious.

It's probably the mobile viewer.  One could get a phone with little ponies on it.  Oh my gah, 18 teeners coming to SL.  Lots and lots of them and they probably has phones with little ponies on them.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking that he meant "and also".  Typing in a hurry possibility or he wants it to be a bit mysterious.

It's probably the mobile viewer.  One could get a phone with little ponies on it.  Oh my gah, 18 teeners coming to SL.  Lots and lots of them and they probably has phones with little ponies on them.

Wouldn't have to be a teen to appreciate that especially with summer almost here and liking to sit outside while still being logged inworld.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wouldn't have to be a teen to appreciate that especially with summer almost here and liking to sit outside while still being logged inworld.

What appreciate ponies on the phone?  True, that people of all ages could.  Just reminds me of my daughter with ponies everything and she is an adult now.

• Like 1

Just now, EliseAnne85 said:

What appreciate ponies on the phone?  True, that people of all ages could.  Just reminds me of my daughter with ponies everything and she is an adult now.

The part where you implied that a mobile viewer would appeal to teens with phones and ponies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The part where you implied that a mobile viewer would appeal to teens with phones and ponies.

Oh, no, with mobile viewer it will/could be lots of people.  I was just joking about the ponies. 

I've already said in a post on the forum there are an estimated 6.5 billion people on cell phones and this is a huge untapped market for SL.  I think median age will be 30 somethings though that's just a guess.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Oh, no, with mobile viewer it will/could be lots of people.  I was just joking about the ponies. 

I've already said in a post on the forum there are an estimated 6.5 billion people on cell phones and this is a huge untapped market for SL.  I think median age will be 30 somethings though that's just a guess.  

Yes it would be quite a milestone worthy of the name if and when the Lab trots out a functional mobile viewer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes it would be quite a milestone worthy of the name if and when the Lab trots out a functional mobile viewer.

I think that's what the "significant milestone" is - a mobile viewer.  That will be quite a milestone for SL.  

The ponies on the cell phones comments from me was because Alwin said that the significant milestone is "we finally get our pony".  

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.