Premium Plus confusion and dispair and questions. Haha.... Mostly the 2048 land.

Alyxen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't left my sim for years and... Oh boy. I fancy myself a researcher but the internet is a mess of conflicting answers and questions and blah. Thanks Google. Anyways....

I bought Premium Plus because some wonderful people told me free uploads. And yay, woo, that is wonderful. But the page of pretty glittering stuff was what attracted me. Free 2048 land, 650L a week, 3kL? Sure I might as well. But after payment, crickets. Then I look harder, fine print - 3k comes in 45 days of consecutive P+... oh... okay I guess, could have had an asterix though to be fair. And I guess the 650 comes every Tuesday, counting the Tuesday after, does that include the time I spent now or should I have started Monday?

The big thing is the land though? It isn't a house, which I can get, but that is not 2048? Google had lots of nothing to say and I might just be exhausted but the website is not exactly clear.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alyxen said:

I haven't left my sim for years and... Oh boy. I fancy myself a researcher but the internet is a mess of conflicting answers and questions and blah. Thanks Google. Anyways....

I bought Premium Plus because some wonderful people told me free uploads. And yay, woo, that is wonderful. But the page of pretty glittering stuff was what attracted me. Free 2048 land, 650L a week, 3kL? Sure I might as well. But after payment, crickets. Then I look harder, fine print - 3k comes in 45 days of consecutive P+... oh... okay I guess, could have had an asterix though to be fair. And I guess the 650 comes every Tuesday, counting the Tuesday after, does that include the time I spent now or should I have started Monday?

The big thing is the land though? It isn't a house, which I can get, but that is not 2048? Google had lots of nothing to say and I might just be exhausted but the website is not exactly clear.

all you ask is explained in several threads, but also to find in the community centers on Bellsieria.

So ..
the sign up bonus hass álways been paid after 45 days on all premiums, no exception here
stipends are always paid on tuesdays, signing up after monday will start the first payment the week after on tuesday
there are no 2048 sqm Linden homes yet ( if ever)
you can use the included tier level on mainland, when smart with a group because you get 10% extra tier in that case.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

all you ask is explained in several threads, but also to find in the community centers on Bellsieria.

So ..
the sign up bonus hass álways been paid after 45 days on all premiums, no exception here
stipends are always paid on tuesdays, signing up after monday will start the first payment the week after on tuesday
there are no 2048 sqm Linden homes yet ( if ever)
you can use the included

I realize there are multiple threads but, there was conflicting information, and it looks like there had been changes to the system.

Thank you for your information. I did not realize the group interaction. I've only ever rented land from companies. From a different thread:

• Remember that you are not billed based on a particular parcel, or parcels, of land.  Your monthly tier charge depends only on the maximum amount of mainland you hold during the billing cycle.  Getting rid of one 2048 parcel and gaining another 2048 parcel does not affect your tier for that month at all, nor do you "lose the benefit" of your land if you move during the billing cycle.  (This is unlike the situation where one wants to downgrade from Premium membership.  In that case, it IS a good idea to wait until near the end of the subscription period.)

Groups get a 10% tier bonus.  Here are some examples, assuming only one Premium member in the group, who's paying the tier.  If other members are also premium and are donating tier, add 1,120 sq m. for each of them :

• At the $7.00/mo. level, a group can own 2,240 sq. m.
  • At the $13.00/mo. level, a group can own 3,376 sq. m.
  • At the $22.00/mo. level, a group can own 5,632 sq. m.
  • Like 1

I am sorry for my ignorance, but how do you find all these threads you are talking about? I tried google, I tried the forum search, they still do not come up with premium plus questions or answers. And as you can see by my name, I don't use the forums as much. Also the SL search for Bellsieria days it does not exist - edit, found it. "Bellisseria"

Edited by Alyxen
Confusion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Alyxen said:

For now until they finish the linden homes you can use 2048 worth of land space on mainland.. In other words, you can get  one  2048 lot or two 1024 lots or a few 512 lots and so on, which would be tier free.. You would still have to pay for the initial purchase of the land itself.. But you wouldn't have a weekly or monthly tier payment.. Not unless you went over the 2048..

When they finish the linden homes, you would be able to get a 2048 linden home for no cost at all, other than the  membership fee.. But you would also be able to split that up if you wanted and  get a 1024 linden home or a 512 linden home and still be able to use the land allowed amount left over, to still get mainland..

In other words, you can split things up..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

@Alyxen your questions are so valid - I wish LL would update their website to be even clearer. They're barely mentioning the other Premium Plus perks available, such as owning a standalone homestead region without a full region first. It's unfortunate you have to dig around on the forum and rely on other users for the answers when LL could sell the product better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

For now until they finish the linden homes you can use 2048 worth of land space on mainland.. In other words, you can get  one  2048 lot or two 1024 lots or a few 512 lots and so on, which would be tier free.. You would still have to pay for the initial purchase of the land itself.. But you wouldn't have a weekly or monthly tier payment.. Not unless you went over the 2048..

When they finish the linden homes, you would be able to get a 2048 linden home for no cost at all, other than the  membership fee.. But you would also be able to split that up if you wanted and  get a 1024 linden home or a 512 linden home and still be able to use the land allowed amount left over, to still get mainland..

In other words, you can split things up..

I don't actually care about the home as I am a sim designer, but it seems like a waste to not somehow use the 2048 allowance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

@Alyxen your questions are so valid - I wish LL would update their website to be even clearer. They're barely mentioning the other Premium Plus perks available, such as owning a standalone homestead region without a full region first. It's unfortunate you have to dig around on the forum and rely on other users for the answers when LL could sell the product better.

Aww, thank you, I was feeling crazy.

Just now, Alyxen said:

I don't actually care about the home as I am a sim designer, but it seems like a waste to not somehow use the 2048 allowance.

The main difference between getting a 'soon to come' 2048 Linden home and mainland is that any mainland parcel needs to be purchased.  The plot itself is not free on mainland but you won't pay anything extra as long as the parcel is 2048 or less.   With the available Linden homes, you just choose which one you want and done.  There are, at present, 512 and 1024 Linden homes available which would leave the remaining land tier available to purchase a parcel on mainland.  As long as a Linden home PLUS any mainland owned does not exceed 2048 (premium plus allowance), there is no extra charge.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alyxen said:

The nice thing is, you can do it either way or both..

Myself, just a few months back decided to kind of thin things out in my SL, because of the lack of time I had to be in world.. So I gave up my 1/4 sim and just went  to my linden home..

Then when more time opened back up, I went and got my 1/4 sim back..

For me it was a nice way to still have a little something in here but not paying for  land i wasn't using.. Linden homes are just really nice to have as backup for me when time gets tight..

• Like 1

I have a large store, and my main reason for buying Premium+ was that texture upload would save me money, especially because I am making a large art museum. I don't even know what I would use it for, but land is land right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

Patch said SOON for the new 2048 theme...that means SOON right? LOL

Maybe we need to wait for SOONER!?!

There is a nickname for certain dogs that farmers think they can get rid of  by taking them far away close to another farm , hoping they'll latch onto that farm, but these dogs always finding their way back home..

They call them Sooner dogs, because sooner or later they always end up back on the porch.. hehehe

Create a free Basic account alt if you don't have one already. It can be like an assistant for your business. Create a group, if you don't have one already, to be your land holding and management group. Add your alt to this group and make them a co-owner. When you buy land, buy it for this group, not as an individual. Be sure to wear your land group tag when you rez things there. Now you can hold an extra 10% of land without paying extra for it.

If you're going to have a store or gallery, find a nice location on a road or near other stores that will help draw traffic.

I mean I don't meant to toot my own horn but - the images for the homes they have already were... what 2002 goals? I'm not interested in anything LL has built. I looked at the offerings for prebuilt homes and was confused - aren't they supposed to be developers.... what happened to wanting to improve why are we so antiquated? but anyways...

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The main difference between getting a 'soon to come' 2048 Linden home and mainland is that any mainland parcel needs to be purchased.  The plot itself is not free on mainland but you won't pay anything extra as long as the parcel is 2048 or less.   With the available Linden homes, you just choose which one you want and done.  There are, at present, 512 and 1024 Linden homes available which would leave the remaining land tier available to purchase a parcel on mainland.  As long as a Linden home PLUS any mainland owned does not exceed 2048 (premium plus allowance), there is no extra charge.

So it sounds like you have the down payment but afterwards "rental" is free.

3 minutes ago, Alyxen said:

I mean I don't meant to toot my own horn but - the images for the homes they have already were... what 2002 goals? I'm not interested in anything LL has built. I looked at the offerings for prebuilt homes and was confused - aren't they supposed to be developers.... what happened to wanting to improve why are we so antiquated? but anyways...

Are you looking at the current houses or the original ones? The new houses are lovely.  You can view them at the BelliDemo region.May3-Moles_008.thumb.jpg.93a7fd5a47ac9da535825f668ada9282.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, that is a bit better than what I was seeing, but still... that doesn't seem to have materials, and looks older? And PBR is coming soon I hope... but I can still see flaws. I don't know, I guess I'm just confused, I searched for the region and didn't see it. I will look for the Bellidemo region.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alyxen said:

Are the homes full perm? Can I retexture it? I design HD textures so... I'm kind of picky I guess.

Honestly all this is answered in SO MANY PLACES including a whole new Linden sim devoted to the subject.  Not saying any more HONESTLY?  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Honestly all this is answered in SO MANY PLACES including a whole new Linden sim devoted to the subject.  Not saying any more HONESTLY?  

If it is so easy why do you not answer the question and just pass judgement?

Check YouTube for videos of the new Linden neighborhoods.  As Patch Linden has mentioned, LL thinks of the Linden homes as starter homes.  People who've maybe never owned a parcel of their own in SL can start there and then possibly move up.  Some people love the neighborhood feel.and stay.  It will never compared to each person using their own unique style on their own land.  And it's not supposed to be.

Personally, I prefer to use my own home.  I've rented on private estates almost exclusively for almost my entire time in SL.  I found a "reasonably" priced parcel in Horizons about 3 years ago and that's where I'll stay for the foreseeable future.  1024 and double prims, my own home and adult.  Perfection.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.