BelliHub up on map!

Stellaa Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like the way the calendars are setup, wonders if anyone has ever requested a community center to be a sandbox? The builder users would appreciate fun new interesting places to build and have fun. If only for 5 hours on a timer or 7. I don't plan on getting virtually married anytime soon and the venues are little empty, this would be great way to get more traffic to nurture and grow a large part of the community. 

I think building in the tree houses would be fun and the castle. 

Annotation 2023-04-27 102526.png

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, benchthis said:

I like the way the calendars are setup, wonders if anyone has ever requested a community center to be a sandbox? The builder users would appreciate fun new interesting places to build and have fun. If only for 5 hours on a timer or 7. I don't plan on getting virtually married anytime soon and the venues are little empty, this would be great way to get more traffic to nurture and grow a large part of the community. 

I think building in the tree houses would be fun and the castle. 

Annotation 2023-04-27 102526.png

Sandboxes have long been important social gathering places in SL. They are where people learn how use the SL building tools, how to have fun being creative, how to have fun with the physics of SL, and how to appreciate their own ability to create and possibly sell things in SL. The problem with open sandboxes that everyone can use is that they attract trolls and those who seek to take advantage of others. Ideally, I'd like to have several sandbox islands in Belliseria, much like the ones by the old Linden Homes. I'd like these to be places were only Premium members can build, but anyone could watch them build. I don't know if this would be possible though. Regions can be set so only Premium members can enter, but can they be set so only Premium members can use the build function? 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'd like these to be places were only Premium members can build, but anyone could watch them build. I don't know if this would be possible though.

That's an interesting idea, If I were premium I could build a motorcycle challenge and other non premium users can use motorcycles I rezz to have fun. Would be frustrating not to be able to rez my own motorcycle and so premium would look great to me. Good idea. 

For the venue sandboxes same as if someone were holding an event and event owner has to maintain orderly friendly experience. This can be done with user requested sandboxes. Maybe because it would be considered an event sandbox and not a normal sandbox would be less likely to have trouble. A sandbox group member must be present at all times and allowed to log in case of system problems. 

I'd like to get to know more builders in the community. I'd like to log in and see people building and be like oh so and so is hosting a sandbox awesome! I want to play. It can be like that. It takes time. People have to have time to build relationships. 

• Like 1

I'm not one who would find the addition of sandboxes to Bellisseria to be a positive experience, and I definitely would not want any of them to be visible from my Linden Home, but having them reachable by vehicle, yet somewhat isolated (like the Fantasy and Sakura themes) would certainly be acceptable to me. 

• Like 4

I too don't find the idea of sandboxes in Bellisseria a good one. There are Linden sandboxes already, including premium, and there is a lot of mainland empty. Maybe a good idea to revive mainland. 

It is been sometime since I went to a sandbox (I favor the one at Ivory Tower, I'm premium but I like places where everybody can enter and participate) but they seem a bit empty. If there were sandboxes in Belli should be open to everyone to build, not only premium, and I think that is the spirit of Belli, open to everybody to enjoy.

• Like 3

One more thing I noticed after playing with the home styles for each theme is that it would be helpful if the house pickers would have a little more information about the houses.

For example something like this. 

Home Name / Single Level / 1024 Size (have to come up with way to describe the home size and not parcel size to avoid confusion)

Style 2: Multi Level 512

Style 3: Single Level 512 Open Floor Plan.

And a way to see all the home styles on the HUD without having to click through multiple hud pages would be nice, because in the future there will likely be more and more home styles. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are open-plan models now for the Fantasy and Victorian Homes. 

May3-Moles_008.thumb.jpg.93a7fd5a47ac9da535825f668ada9282.jpg

These are interior pictures for The Somerley - an open-plan version of The Shelly.

May3-Somerley-openplanVictorian_001.thumb.jpg.902b12efeb0ef3aedfa625f18c808e4c.jpg

May3-Somerley-openplanVictorian_002.thumb.jpg.df16dd8af8ff0b7053fb97779357493d.jpg

Wahhh!! The Fair was empty, but the previews are packed!

Maybe tomorrow I'll check the Previews for people.

• Like 3

I went to BelliDemo to check out the new open floorplan Vics, it was VERY handy to be able to do that!

I found myself wondering one thing.

Of course the various home controllers are set up so anyone can use them, premium or basic.  So they don't give out the Content Creation packs.  BUT ... wouldn't it be nice to set up a separate box at each theme's demo parcel that would give the Content Creation Pack for that theme to any Premium member who touches it?

(/me runs off to check LlGetObjectDetails ... yes, OBJECT_ACCOUNT_LEVEL .)  So, definitely possible!

Save all that tiresome claiming and abandoning homes just to get packs.

• Like 11

OMG OPEN FLOORPLANS!

I like them very much. The original Shelly and Verne has some small nooks or rooms under the stairs. The new, open floor houses gives a lot of possibilities. New Verne with double doors in to a large room upstairs, will be perfect for a master bedroom. The largest house, what's the name again, I think I could place two Traditionals in it and have room left over. 🤭

I am still sad that the Trads didn't get a couple of larger models in the upgrade. The Traditionals are feeling really, really small now.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:54 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

There are open-plan models now for the Fantasy and Victorian Homes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

OMG OPEN FLOORPLANS!

I like them very much. The original Shelly and Verne has some small nooks or rooms under the stairs. The new, open floor houses gives a lot of possibilities. New Verne with double doors in to a large room upstairs, will be perfect for a master bedroom. The largest house, what's the name again, I think I could place two Traditionals in it and have room left over. 🤭

I am still sad that the Trads didn't get a couple of larger models in the upgrade. The Traditionals are feeling really, really small now.

The largest Victorian and possibly the largest house is the Hardy. There's an addition for it on MP that also gives it a full attic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I like the open floorplan Vics very much too.  Tho my Dimanche parcel is perfect for a Shelley, I think I have to try a Verne!   Always loved the exterior and windows, couldn't make the interior flow work.

I would be surprised if LL makes larger Trads.  I don't know if you've ever seen a neighborhood of post-WWII wooden frame "starter homes", but they ARE charming in just the way Trads are.  I really loved our Miller Pond Adams, adorable inside and out with no addon.  As the description in the demo area seems to hint, in RL modern "starter home" owners tend to create comfy outdoor living spaces for them.  In SL, the camera can make small rooms feel claustrophobic, so the open floorplans are a big help.

image.png.fe6888baa3e9bc7f98156ba71ac35bf3.png

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the P+ theme turns out to be large midcentury ranch-style homes, with Trad-like landscaping.  That's how US suburbs evolved, from starter homes to sprawling ranches and split-level homes.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I like the open floorplan Vics very much too.  Tho my Dimanche parcel is perfect for a Shelley, I think I have to try a Verne!   Always loved the exterior and windows, couldn't make the interior flow work.

I would be surprised if LL makes larger Trads.  I don't know if you've ever seen a neighborhood of post-WWII wooden frame "starter homes", but they ARE charming in just the way Trads are.  I really loved our Miller Pond Adams, adorable inside and out with no addon.  As the description in the demo area seems to hint, in RL modern "starter home" owners tend to create comfy outdoor living spaces for them.  In SL, the camera can make small rooms feel claustrophobic, so the open floorplans are a big help.

image.png.fe6888baa3e9bc7f98156ba71ac35bf3.png

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the P+ theme turns out to be large midcentury ranch-style homes, with Trad-like landscaping.  That's how US suburbs evolved, from starter homes to sprawling ranches and split-level homes.  

Yes, Patch has hinted about "ranch" so I will think so too. They will have the P+ ready this summer, maybe. I thought Bellisseria's 4 year anniversary, but I was wrong.

• Like 2

• Moles

Part of the thinking behind keeping the original houses on the "cozy" side was to make them easier to furnish without blowing up the LI budget and to have some extra buffer between homes so you don't feel so close to your neighbor. But people wanted bigger because bigger it always better, right? Just something that always comes to mind when I hear people say they keep running out of LI and houses are too close together. ;)

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

Part of the thinking behind keeping the original houses on the "cozy" side was to make them easier to furnish without blowing up the LI budget and to have some extra buffer between homes so you don't feel so close to your neighbor. But people wanted bigger because bigger it always better, right? Just something that always comes to mind when I hear people say they keep running out of LI and houses are too close together. ;)

Though that was never everybody. Some people wanted the smaller 512 houses on their 1024 plots. Smaller houses is a common ask for the fantasy theme. So it's nice to see a mix, so people can decide if they want a smaller house/larger garden or the other way around.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

It was not meant to replace the Traditionals... adding new larger ones.

On Newbrooke, you can pick a smaller house for 512 on your 1024 land. So that theme can use 8 models on a 1024 plot.

Houseboats had four models - got four new. And the new Houseboats added so much variety to that theme.

Patch said the new open Traditional floorplans count as four new ones. Since the original houseboats was open and could not have open floorplans added, it was probably the logic. "We can not add open floor plans, so we must give the boats something else." It feels like the Houseboats got the best deal, though. They got both bigger and smaller models added, and in very different looks.

I know it's maybe unfair to LL, that I feel this way about the Houseboat/Traditionals.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.