Where? How? Writing directly Linden Labs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If one wishes to send a formal email sharing specific things with Linden Labs that may need to change...  What and where are specific emails to real life people provided for this type of thing?  Where can these emails be found?  Where can the names of specific staff to write to be found on the internet?  Where?

I'm not talking about commenting on a facebook or twitter post...  I'm talking about writing an actual email.  Thanks everyone.

Please leave links to emails, etc down in the comment section.

Contact info can be found at the bottom of most sites (including this one)

https://www.lindenlab.com/contact

Linden Lab Headquarters

548 Market St, PMB 59201
San Francisco, CA 94104-5401 US
Phone: +1 (415) 243-9000
Fax: 415.243.9045

How can we help you?

Support and Downloads
Second Life Support Portal

Second Life Blogs, Forums, Answers, and Knowledge Base
Community Portal

Billing Department
Our Billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday.
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

Sales Inquiries
business@lindenlab.com

Press Inquiries
presscontact@lindenlab.com

Unless you're a (representative of) a big company, Email is not the correct medium for your message. As Love mentioned, Jira for feature requests.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Contact info can be found at the bottom of most sites (including this one)

https://www.lindenlab.com/contact

Unless you're a (representative of) a big company, Email is not the correct medium for your message. As Love mentioned, Jira for feature requests.

There was a time when customers could email executives of companies, and someone would review the communication and forward it to the executive (or their direct reports) if appropriate.  The good "not-so-old days"!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There was a time when customers could email executives of companies, and someone would review the communication and forward it to the executive (or their direct reports) if appropriate.  The good "not-so-old days"!

Who knows what kind of black-void an actual letter sent to Linden Lab would fall into.

• Like 3

There is a formal dispute resolution procedure in the Terms of Service:

"Our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost-effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. If any controversy, allegation or claim arises out of or relates to the Service, the Website(s), the Content, your User Content, your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials, this Agreement, your decision to enter into this Agreement, any Additional Terms or any other aspect of your relationship with Linden Lab (collectively, "Dispute"), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information (including email address) that you provide us. You are obligated to ensure that such contact information is current and accurate. Your notice to us must be sent to: Linden Research, Inc., 8605 Santa Monica Blvd PMB 59201, West Hollywood, California 90069-4109, Attention: General Counsel. For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Linden and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute, though neither party is required to resolve such dispute on terms which each party, in its sole discretion, is uncomfortable."

The address in Santa Monica is a service called Earth Class Mail, which opens, scans, and emails incoming paper mail for mostly-remote companies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

If one wishes to send a formal email sharing specific things with Linden Labs that may need to change...  What and where are specific emails to real life people provided for this type of thing?  Where can these emails be found?  Where can the names of specific staff to write to be found on the internet?  Where?

You make out a support ticket.  Under HELP > SUPPORT, pick a category and it be received by the Lindens who will then have your email and will email you with a response to your ticket and you can message back and forth via your email and/or review any update on your ticket.  

Next to COMMUNITY where you find the forums, there is the word HELP on the main SL Webpage; that's where you need to establish email content with a Linden by filling out what is called a "support ticket".

Edited by EliseAnne85

4 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I’m sorry but membership for LL’s Drama Society is closed now, try the JIRA route as suggested 

But..but..what if they print out the email, and send it in a Registered Letter? Then, someone must DO something, right?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, benchthis said:

Their address should be at the bottom of every email they send to customers, otherwise they would risk be in violation of the can-spam act of 2003. 

Our mailing address is:
Linden Research, Inc. 548 Market St, PMB 59201, San Francisco, CA 94104 United States

Real address, not email.

On 3/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, Sandra8675 said:

I'm not talking about commenting on a facebook or twitter post...  I'm talking about writing an actual email.  Thanks everyone.

Please leave links to emails, etc down in the comment section.

I've gone the "snail mail" route when wanting to make suggestions or inform Linden Lab about something specific that requires explanation. I'm old fashioned like that, but feel a regular letter has to be booked in and dealt with, whereas emails might just end in a spam box. You are probably not likely to get a reply though. I didn't. However, actions speak louder than words and I know some things I said in my letters were acted upon.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.