A Healthy Debate: Avatar Regulations with loopholes Category: Anime Avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Them: "if you ban me you have to ban x and y and z or it's not fair"

Me: Who said life was fair? Who said you could dictate to me how I run my land? 🙄

/me mutes/bans/ejects in that order

Problem solved. 😁

No, no, no .. If you've got someone as easily triggered as that on your hands, you owe it to yourself to see how far you can push them - you're missing out on so much juicy schadenfreude. Save the blocks and bans until you've bereaved them of all that blissful ignorance and sent their fragile little minds to the dark place that is reality!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If you come across an avatar or product which you think is violating the ToS, then the correct thing to do is file an abuse report.

If it turns out not to be violating the ToS, nothing is stopping you from blocking that avatar or refusing to buy the product in question because it conflicts with your personal moral code.

If you're trying to get some kind of pedohunt together, you came to the wrong forum. You're looking for the one with the postcards of unreadable text :)

• Like 1

As far as I know, ll doesn't regulate any type of avatar people can use. There are some rules in the tos that cover activities that certain avatars should not engage in. Land owners can set their own rules, as long as they don't break existing tos, so can be strict or not as they want. I don't know what rl laws or rules-in any country- have to do with any of this. 

There isn't a discussion to be had, but it seems like someone wants there to be a whole up in arms debate about something I've read in past threads before. Is this because you know someone or ran into someone who was told they couldn't use a certain avatar on a certain kind of sim? Are you a land owner who has had to ask certain types of avatars to either change or leave? What exactly do you really want to discuss? Even the clarifications you made make no sense. What sparked the discussion? 

22 hours ago, DemonicSage said:

Hey all! I hope you are all having a wonderful month! Today I would like to have a healthy debate and share opinions with the community. from all generations of life/age groups. 

Here is my question: Given how anime avatars are more frequent and how LL likes to sometimes miscommunicate on rule regulations regarding said category or not defining enough on said loophole. What would be healthy alternative ways to help the LL team in defining the culture of these avatars? pretty sure there are popular bodies now that are indeed healthy to use but we still have very questionable creators that are still up for question with their said content given the controversy and media coverage of said questionable content. LL never really addressed this side of the community since if they tried they would enrage the base community that are anime lovers.

Please refrain of insulting, name calling , and other hostile intent. its a healthy debate and would like to hear your personal thoughts and opinions on this matter. thank you for at least reading and debating. lets help make this community more aware and open our minds more! 

Creations are up to the creators, and categories of users/cultures/communities are up to the user. Linden Lab provides the platform, only. What we do with it is up to us to figure out. If you are looking for creations more suited towards your avatar, request it via notecard to creators of similar content. Linden Lab thankfully does not dictate too much (most of the time) or get their nose in what creators create too often (so long as its within the TOS rules).

I get frustrated with the fact that there is so much less male clothing in SL than female. Linden Lab will not, and should not, do anything about that, either. Contact stores and let them know what you would like to see. Some might even do custom work for you, at a higher price usually.

Linden Lab provides us the ability to do what we do (the servers, features, ect.). They play no policing role in what is on the grid - unless it violates the TOS and copyright laws. If its perfectly legal and within rules, they are a-ok with whatever we decide to make and whatever we do not.

36 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I don't think I have ever seen an anime avatar in SL that was "clearly" an adult. I can't even imagine what that would look like.

Ahem, turns out Googling 'adult anime character' does not necessarily answer that question. 

.. Now, where did I put that eye sanitiser ..

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I don't think I have ever seen an anime avatar in SL that was "clearly" an adult. I can't even imagine what that would look like.

"Anime" is just a style that may mimic either the "look" or "content" of some Japanese animated material. Some people use "anime" as in this discussion, to imply "something naughty".

Actual anime has characters of all ages. And is NOT necessarily "naughty" at all.

A dude with a beard would be "clearly" an adult, so if I see what looks like a character from Naruto, with a beard, I don't even ask "does that look like an adult"?

I think the OP is trying to use "anime" for "code" as in, "young-looking characters following some anime styles that MAY be interpreted as naughty" (whether "naughty" on purpose of by interpretation).  As such, if I am right, then the whole discussion is pretty pointless.

To the OP: There are no "rules" - just individual land/club/region/"sim" owners who may decide they don't want "young-looking" characters around.  You don't get to override those owners' decisions. There is no "exception" to letting those owners decide who to allow or not allow.

• Like 6

The term "anime" is extremely broad. That could be anything from Street Fighter to Final Fantasy. As long as you aren't infringing on trademarks and copyrights by uploading branded avies and things to the grid, I doubt LL cares if you want to run around dressed like Goku or a teddy bear inspired by Monokuma.

If the intention is to make teen "slice of life" style avatars, just stick to the overall style and keep them away from adult content. Not difficult to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anime avatars that look like children are allowed in sims that allow them; however, if they look like children, culture or not, they cannot be involved in adult sex play per the TOS.  There are no cultural loopholes regarding sexualized children and adult only acts.  If you were thinking there should be a loophole for culture in regards to the TOS regarding children and sex, I doubt you'd find people in SL who would agree with you.  

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay?_gl=1*1t5r3m9*_ga*NzU3NTE0ODc3LjE2NzgyODc3MTQ.*_ga_T7G7P6DCEC*MTY3ODI4NzcxNC4xLjAuMTY3ODI4NzcxNC42MC4wLjA.

Edited by EliseAnne85

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Let's see..Envy and..who's the top character? She wasn't as ubiquitous as Mustang.

Full disclosure - I just Googled. I so rarely watch anime and the last one I saw was the Danganronpa anime that rounded out the end of the game's storyline, so bear with me here!

Top one's Olivier Mira Armstrong. Bottom one's Lust, supposedly.

But seeing these characters, now I want to watch this series!!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes it's just hard to keep the Homunculi straight. Just like Second Life and Alts. 

Is the series good? The characters all look so amazing. And knowing me, it'll inspire a bunch of new avatars for me to recreate here (oh god...more shopping).

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes it's just hard to keep the Homunculi straight. Just like Second Life and Alts. 

Is the series good? The characters all look so amazing. And knowing me, it'll inspire a bunch of new avatars for me to recreate here (oh god...more shopping).

Just be sure to watch the "original" series, although the "Brotherhood" series is good for starting..maybe. Not the movies, definitely not. My memory is that the "Brotherhood" series was on Cartoon Network. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just be sure to watch the "original" series, although the "Brotherhood" series is good for starting..maybe. Not the movies, definitely not. My memory is that the "Brotherhood" series was on Cartoon Network. 

Thank you! Woooohoooo, the Brotherhood series is on Hulu. The original series isn't available anywhere, but no worries, I'll start with that. 🥳

Thus begins Aya's adventure down the rabbit hole into the anime realm, inspiring way too much SL shopping and character styling along the way...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Full disclosure - I just Googled. I so rarely watch anime and the last one I saw was the Danganronpa anime that rounded out the end of the game's storyline, so bear with me here!

Top one's Olivier Mira Armstrong. Bottom one's Lust, supposedly.

But seeing these characters, now I want to watch this series!!!

FMA:brotherhood is a def good read in the manga series and show. when you grew up on like trigun, tenchi muyo , outlaw star, gundam , and cowboy bebop your shows branch off to even better ones later on. so i can safely say its def a good watch now and then. 

i think my solid mentions of shows I watch are some isekai series like Overlord, My life as a slime, and so on are my def favorites. 

Edited by DemonicSage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Could easily accomplish it with these two.

__olivier_mira_armstrong_fullmetal_alche

image.thumb.png.2bf67d19315299ca28c2920edc89bdb3.png

Gah, now I'm tempted to go make these characters. 😂

But how, within the confines of what's available for purchase in SL? The only way I can see to make avatars looking like that, is to make them non-anime. IE don't use the Utilizator heads and bodies, or anything similar to them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Orwar said:

No, no, no .. If you've got someone as easily triggered as that on your hands, you owe it to yourself to see how far you can push them - you're missing out on so much juicy schadenfreude. Save the blocks and bans until you've bereaved them of all that blissful ignorance and sent their fragile little minds to the dark place that is reality!

What makes you think I hadn't already done that? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

What makes you think I hadn't already done that? 

Your gentle nature and fluffy personality, of course! 

shirley-temple-giggle.gif

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.