Can You Remove Stores From your Search?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Β  Β Only temporarily, as far as I'm aware, by adding 'NOT X' to your search, where X is the name of the store (or the name of the store's owner, if the store's name is too generic).

• Like 3

It works using multiple stores as well.. I have a notecard setup with stores that I don't do business with anymore andΒ  paste them in front of my search term..

So it's like, NOT Store name NOT store name NOT Store name NOT Store name Search term

Β 

It works great for looking for freebies as well,Β  NOT DEMO freeΒ  orΒ  NOT DEMO giftΒ  or NOT whatever... hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I simply use my scroll wheel on the mouse.
Much easier and quicker than all the typing, just because I don't want to shop in a certain store.

Β  Β Oh, trust me, if you're doing a loose enough search term, like 'Maitreya AND ballgown', where some twit has taggedΒ every darned thingΒ in their store with 'ballgown' just because they want more hits, even though their 28 pages of tinted full-perm re-sale junk has nothing to do with ballgowns, you may find yourself tempted to bump them off of your search by page 4-5.Β 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Β  Β Oh, trust me, if you're doing a loose enough search term, like 'Maitreya AND ballgown', where some twit has taggedΒ every darned thingΒ in their store with 'ballgown' just because they want more hits, even though their 28 pages of tinted full-perm re-sale junk has nothing to do with ballgowns, you may find yourself tempted to bump them off of your search by page 4-5.Β 

That's generous - I don't typically give them more than 2 pages before I exclude them

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

Sometimes I will have fun for a couple of minutes reporting key word abuse.Β  If I am searching for pants I should not be seeing bras.

If I'm not in a hurry and come across a store doing a lot of keyword spamming, I will take a half hour of my time and report tons of listings.Β Β 

I often hope that if I flag 50 or so entries from a single store, that LL takes the initiative to check the rest of the listings when they are processing the ones that I flag. I'm sure it is just wishful thinking though.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 7:27 PM, KlDDO said:

Hello! I have a curious question. If you no longer wish to see a certain store in the market place, is there a way to do this?Β 

I have wanted this as a feature for years... a nice little button, ignore this store

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer

On 12/18/2022 at 2:27 AM, KlDDO said:

Hello! I have a curious question. If you no longer wish to see a certain store in the market place, is there a way to do this?Β 

You can create a filter in U-Block which will remove any store owners you don't want to see.

Something like this will work (replace STOREOWNER#)

marketplace.secondlife.com##span:has-text(/STOREOWNER#1|STOREOWNER#2|\bwar\b/i):upward(3)

Β 

example. This will hide A&D Clothing. KittyTech and Dust Bunny.

marketplace.secondlife.com##span:has-text(/Oddity3D|Suddeh|Noel Bunny|\bwar\b/i):upward(3)

Β 

(*If you don't know what U-Block is Google it)

Edited by Nick0678
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.