"Where's your head at?" ~Basement Jaxx (credit where it's due) ;)

Santanna Surya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:52 AM, Marianne Little said:

It was wasteful. The ears took up too much space, that could be put to better use. This is why the new UV does not have ears anymore, they got their own map.

At first, I scoffed at the thought of more details. Was it necessary? Why change what works?

And then I saw what could be done with hairbases. The new ones are superior. It is now an unbroken line from the face to the back of the neck. No need to patch together parts, as on the old UV.

So it was the seamless, perfect hairbases that won me over. Not many stores sold hairbases in the beginning, but Lelutka includes a ton of hairbases in several styles and colors. I was worried about all the makeup layers I had bought over the years, and could not use anymore. But the weekend sales helped me build up a makeup layer library bigger than before. It is even cheaper makeup every Tuesday, the 25L Tuesday sale.

And well... The new mesh heads has made me want different types of makeup. Not the hard shaded ones from before. New makeup look fresher and lighter.

Thank you very much :) 

7 hours ago, Jaide Beck said:

I don't think you can use all the layers on other evo x head from akeruka, ga eg.. that is what i heard. :o

You can use all the EvoX compatible BOM layers you want on the AK and GA.EG heads. That's skins, cosmetics, freckles - whatever you can put on a BOM layer. You cannot use the HD huds specific to Lelutka Evo on those heads, though. That scripting is proprietary. So, yes to system layers and no to applier HUDs designed specifically for Lelutka branded heads.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 1:30 AM, Santanna Surya said:

But seriously. I have a pretty important question. 

What is THE head to buy? Is there something on the horizon that is going to be the IT head to purchase soon? Any news, or insight to share?  I want a head that is as up to date as possible, and will have plenty of options to purchase, to go along with that particular head. 

I was a happy Genus user, then I was 'talked' into getting the Catwa HD Pro, and pretty much as soon as I purchased it, and all the things I needed to go with it...Lelutka Evo X was like, THE THING! Now, after being patient, it is quite clear, that Catwa HD Pro, is just old, and not many creators are making new makeups, skins etc. for it. 

I just want to know if anyone knows, is it time to upgrade to Lelutka Evo X, or is there something new I should just wait for? I'm sorry I have not used the forums before,  (I'm only 16 years in SL, lol) so forgive any missteps I may be taking, but I truly want to purchase something that is going to last for awhile, and have components such as makeup, skin, etc. readily available.  I have noticed there is something new in the ads I am seeing along with LelEvoX compatibility, which begins with an 'A' I believe, that I have not seen before.

Any help would be so appreciated. I thank you all in advance for your input.If someone could steer me in the right direction, I would be so grateful. :) 

In my eyes, the best all around head at the moment and in the near future is the Lelutka Evox heads..They are the most supported mesh heads right now..

In the list of 300 mesh head worn, most of the Evox heads are in the top 100. They have 38 heads just in the top 100..12 in the top 20..7 in the top 10. 

They pretty much are eating up the ladder..

I'll just post the top 20 in the list instead of eating up a lot of space, to give an idea of wearers of lelutka Evox now..

You'll see Genus Strong gift head at the top for most wearing it with 28,826 wearers.. It's the free genus head that is more than likely only sitting up at the top because it is a free head and a lot of people get it as their first mesh head when they make an account.. That and Free is good sometimes. hehehe

As far as support for it, it gets as much support as the rest of the genus heads that you pay for and not any less of a head than the others.. It's a good head, but not supported like it is the number one head.. Which gives me the hint it is about being free rather than the best supported..

As far as finding skins for a head.. Lelutka is pretty much getting to a Maitreya body level.. What I mean by that is, you pretty much don't have to hunt too hard at all for a skin.. Let alone you can switch from evox to evo, which opens you up to other skins not made with Evox maps.. So it's kind of the best of both worlds..

The AK heads with the Evox maps, I believe are only one direction and you are limited to Evox skins..I mean unless they updated something where you can switch back and forth..Not that the world is lacking in Evox skins or anything like that.. You still won't starve for skins just being only Evox.. hehehe

But if you are looking for the most supported heads with the option to go Evox or back to older skins, then Lelutka Evox is it..

I would think someone is going to have to have the best thing since sliced bread to really knock them down some rungs on the ladder..

With Christmas getting closer, it may be a good idea to hold off  until then to see if Lelutka does put up another free gift for everyone.. If they do and you like the head, you'll save some lindens to put elsewhere..:)

Updated: 2022-11-16 @ 00:00:00 PST
Top 300 mesh heads with 377029 unique wearers:
Rank # | Model Name | Count | % (Count / 377029)

#1 : Genus - Strong (Gift 001) : 28826 : 7.6%
#2 : LeLutka - Lilly : 20363 : 5.4%
#3 : LeLutka - Avalon : 19068 : 5.0%
#4 : LeLutka - Kaya : 18708 : 4.9%
#5 : Catwa - Catya : 15826 : 4.1%
#6 : Catwa - Daniel : 12978 : 3.4%

#7 : LeLutka - Skyler : 11898 : 3.1%
#8 : LeLutka - Logan : 8874 : 2.3%
#9 : LeLutka - Alain : 7874 : 2.0%
#10 : LeLutka - Briannon : 6470 : 1.7%
#11 : Genus - Baby (W001) : 6355 : 1.6%
#12 : LeLutka - Luka : 5395 : 1.4%
#13 : LeLutka - Ceylon : 5370 : 1.4%
#14 : LeLutka - Eon : 5152 : 1.3%
#15 : Catwa - Queen : 4867 : 1.2%
#16 : LeLutka - Fleur : 4494 : 1.1%
#17 : Genus - Classic (W001) : 3994 : 1.0%
#18 : LeLutka - Nova : 3642 : 0.9%
#19 : Catwa - Victor : 3553 : 0.9%
#20 : Catwa - Freya : 2975 : 0.7%

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

Just an FYI - Lelutka already announced there will be a 50% off Black Friday sale on all Evo X heads. Now's a good time to grab demos of everything you like from there (and everywhere else, because you never know) and start playing with stuff and get ready ahead of time in case you want to attempt to get in to grab something during the event. 😂

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just an FYI - Lelutka already announced there will be a 50% off Black Friday sale on all Evo X heads. Now's a good time to grab demos of everything you like from there (and everywhere else, because you never know) and start playing with stuff and get ready ahead of time in case you want to attempt to get in to grab something during the event. 😂

Did that a week ago lol. Already know which ones I want. 😛

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Did that a week ago lol. Already know which ones I want. 😛

Wish I did! I'm trying to decide between Zora (f) or Noa (m).

And and and...I'm waiting to see if my fav shop is running a sale, because I'd really much rather be a rat. Or maybe a crocodile... or a butterfly...OR...

This is the worst time of year for my avatar-making obsession. 

funny.gif

On 11/20/2022 at 1:13 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Another quick FYI - Akeruka has started their Black Friday sale.

50% off, so 1800L. Lots of heads updated to ADVX, too (Evo X mapping, new ears, etc.). Nov 19 until Nov 28.

And for those of you who may have tried out one of the ADVX heads and might be looking for some makeup, Opulein is having a lipstick and eyeshadow hunt for $L10 - $L20 a shade. Many (but not all) the styles are both EvoX and ADVX. But the poster and the actual purchase dialogue clearly mark what items are both and what items are just EvoX. Most of the eyeshadows are very dramatic, but the lips range from natural to bright to non-traditional colors.

EDITED TO ADD: Opulein is moving soon, and they have announced a $L25 sale on all their packs!

EDITED TO ADD: Their "ADEA" skin is available in a wide range of Velour Tones, for both EvoX and ADVX, for just $L36 a shade

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 7:30 AM, Santanna Surya said:

Any help would be so appreciated. I thank you all in advance for your input.If someone could steer me in the right direction, I would be so grateful

If you want a quick answer, I would say the best female heads available right now are Lelutka Avalon and Ceylon. It's much easier to get great results with these two heads than anything else I've tried. (And I own about a dozen heads, and have demoed hundreds and hundreds over the years. Literally.)

However, I would not buy either of those heads right now - as in today. Wait until Friday, when Lelutka is likely to have a sale.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Lelutka hasn't released any new heads for a good few months now. There may be new releases coming after the Black Friday sales. Or even more free gifts around Christmas time. But if Ceylon and Avalon are available in the sales, you really can't go wrong. Demo them, of course.

I know Milan was just recently released, but I'm surprised that it hasn't climbed any higher in the charts, since it was available at a discount at the event where it was released. Perhaps because people already have several Lelutka heads?  I'm actually very happy with that one, more than Kaya.  You might want to try that one on as well.

I suspect that the people who are wearing non-free Genus heads are the types that do not update their avatar's appearance  very often, because the lack of availability of skins, makeup etc, has become an issue.

Edited by Trinity1776

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I know Milan was just recently released, but I'm surprised that it hasn't climbed any higher in the charts, since it was available at a discount at the event where it was released. Perhaps because people already have several Lelutka heads?

It was released at March. It just happened to be on a 50% discount there. Lelutka does that sometimes, some male heads of theirs were at 50% at a few men oriented shopping events before.

And yeah, people often have other they already liked. And then there are trends, too. People see Avalon everywhere, in-world and the MP/flickr, and think it's the best one. So they go and buy Avalon too, and the cycle continues as they start adding to the amount of Avalons around. Which is a good looking head, but not really any better than other Lel heads. I suppose it fits the "standard pretty look" more than some others, though.

Edited by steeljane42

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If Avalon is the most popular, it would be the one NOT to buy IMO.  

I tell that to people if they ask me for some pointers about upgrading from their older heads too. Lots still go and buy it anyway. But yeah, it's most popular non freebie/temporary freebie head, by far.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

I tell that to people if they ask me for some pointers about upgrading from their older heads too. Lots still go and buy it anyway. But yeah, it's most popular non freebie/temporary freebie head, by far.

Here's the problem.  A skin is sold as show on Avalon and some assume that's the head they have to use.  This skin is made/shown on Avalon.  I use it on Briannon. I look nothing like the picture.  Not the same look at all.  You CAN and should use whatever head you'd like with whichever skin you choose to look unique.  Just my 2cents.

FREE XMAS GIFT <3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steeljane42 said:

I think you are meaning Lilly as the temp freebie.. That was the Christmas head back then.. Avalon was one of the three heads that were released right after that at the skin fair as the first Evo x heads..

Lilly is only up on Avalon by a little bit though..  It's splitting hairs when things are as close as they are..hehehe

I think it's wild that I could, print a copy of the top 100 mesh heads, close my eyes and put a finger on the list and probably, 9 times out of 10 land my finger on a lelutka.. lol

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Here's the problem.  A skin is sold as show on Avalon and some assume that's the head they have to use.  This skin is made/shown on Avalon.  I use it on Briannon. I look nothing like the picture.  Not the same look at all.  You CAN and should use whatever head you'd like with whichever skin you choose to look unique.  Just my 2cents.

FREE XMAS GIFT <3

Ya, I always tell people to just look for the Evo x, don't worry about the head. They can intermingle..

Once a new head comes out, it's the same thing though.. skinners make skins for that head and the beat goes on.. hehehe

The same thing happens with shapes for bodies and heads too.. People think they have to have that shape. 

Something is wrong with the shape, it's not looking like the picture, How do I fix this?  That or I've even heard some say, False advertising.. Mostly newer users though.. hehehe

• Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I always tell people to just look for the Evo x, don't worry about the head. They can intermingle..

Once a new head comes out, it's the same thing though.. skinners make skins for that head and the beat goes on.. hehehe

The same thing happens with shapes for bodies and heads too.. People think they have to have that shape. 

Something is wrong with the shape, it's not looking like the picture, How do I fix this?  That or I've even heard some say, False advertising.. Mostly newer users though.. hehehe

I DID start with the shape that came with the skin and edited it to my liking.  I think some people are afraid to do that.  I see A LOT of very similar looks especially after sales.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I DID start with the shape that came with the skin and edited it to my liking.  I think some people are afraid to do that.  I see A LOT of very similar looks especially after sales.

Honestly, this is why I always choose heads and skins that just aren't very popular at all. While I do have some avatars that make use of Lilly and Kaya, I'm much more comfortable in Catwa Queen, furry heads, and full-on creature heads. I never, ever, ever see myself when out running around. That would drive me so crazy, lol.

I'd honestly prefer wearing AK than Lel, too. AK's ADVX starter shapes/faces are soooo cute and with the right tweaks, you won't really look like many other people. Plus...mermaid ears! Who doesn't want mermaid ears?!?! 

OH that reminds me - if anyone picked up AK's freebies months ago (Andro M and F), redeliver your Andro F. It was upgraded to include the new goodies, too! Sadly, I do not believe the male version was.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ya,  There are many that think they will wreck it, not realizing that if they click "Save As" rather than " Save", it saves the version you started with.. Quick save or save, might be what some have done and wrecked theirs.. 

I hate seeing people come into a group kind of panicked thinking they trashed their look because they hit Save.. It's like I can feel their pain and can't get to them fast enough to tell them, drop the box it came in and get another copy of the shape..

New users have so much going on with the curve that I'm supersized it doesn't happen a lot more than it does..

When we started, we just had to learn how to shape and shop and just everything that was SL.. The new users have mesh and everything that goes with that  and piece parting everything together and  still have to learn everything else we did for the most part..

That Nux can't get here fast enough.. hehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.