Stilt homes on waters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hunting for the best location is exiting. Or annoying. You can only try 5 times per 24 hours. It is best to learn the trick to avoid getting the home you abandoned back... Or else you use up all your 5 attempts on one location.

I make sure the ones I have abandoned are taken, by saving the landmarks and look up if they are owned or not. This way, I know I am not getting those back, at least.

People abandon great places all the time. You can get a real dream location. But it is not so many of them, you need to be lucky. It is many locations that is all right, not perfect or amazing, but fine.

One of the things that annoyed me, was when I land a dream location on the edge of a region, and the big windows is turned away from the open sea view. Instead the windows face the land and other houses.

But that is just the way it is. To find the good location, you have to be persistent, or super lucky to get one on your first day.

• Like 2

99% of the Belli houses are situated on an average spot.
So it takes definitely some luck and effort to score a real nicely situated one. Especially since those don't change owner as often as the other ones.
Most of the time you get one that someone else has abandoned for whatever reason. And that reason can easily be that the house is situated on an average spot.

• Like 1

There is a reason this activity is called the...

2111311350_gameofhomescopy.jpg.edc3a4df70370c0183a3a0c3529cb4f6.jpg

One must PLAY it to get the best outcome.

One strategery I used recently was to explore unreleased regions (via world map and inworld inspection) and find desirable locations ... then when the region is finally released, you use your acquire/abandon cycles until you get a specific home that you want. You know a region is released or near released when the SSP prefix is removed. Inworld checking is needed as the world map is not real time. Note that one must check region status frequently.

Also, I advise practicing...  just acquire/abandon until you are confident you can do this quickly as things can get snapped up quickly when new regions are released. You may even get an abandon that you really like. Also, it's good to hit all the themes and pick up the Content Creation Packs. For example, the Newbrooke pack has things you might use on a houseboat.

Edited by diamond Marchant
more advice
  • Like 2

I wish i would have known how to hunt for my houseboat spot.. I just went from whatever they gave me.. it's still not too bad of a spot, but I'm gonna learn how to hunt  out a spot next time..

I just thought we got what one they gave us..

This mah practice boat.. hehehe

Here is a question, If we see one open can we abandon ours and get that one by buying it?  I'm not sure exactly how to really claim one other than the random way I did it from the dashboard..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Reading this thread, I suddenly realized...

As a Premium+ member, I don't have to be homeless while playing the Game of Homes! I could buy a crap 1024 for almost nothing, put up my skybox, and then Bob's your uncle.

It was the "homeless" part that kept me from playing. Well, that and I'd have to pack up my Stuff.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

As a Premium+ member, I don't have to be homeless while playing the Game of Homes! I could buy a crap 1024 for almost nothing, put up my skybox, and then Bob's your uncle.

It was the "homeless" part that kept me from playing. Well, that and I'd have to pack up my Stuff.

I have my land right now and  decided to get my houseboat while I still have it. I think I have like a half month left on my 1/4 sim..

If I can find a better location I'm gonna.. I'm one boat away from being on the end of a dock.. hehehe  If I can get one that is faced better and on the end where it's just me and the ocean I'm gonna try and get one..

The funny thing was, I was happy before i read this thread, now  I have the hunger to find a better spot.. It's gonna even be more fun since there is a clock involved.. hehehe

I just have to learn how to play the game first..🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Here is a question, If we see one open can we abandon ours and get that one by buying it?

There is no "buying". If you want to try for a new home, you need to be inworld and also on the Linden Homes Selection Page. If you currently own a home, you need to abandon it first... go to your Linden Home inworld, click the Land tool, and click Abandon Land. All your stuff is returned to your lost and found folder. You may want to do this ahead of time, but before abandoning, clear out your music stream and land photo (using the Land Tool).

On the selection page (on the web), pick your theme and go for it. Immediately check it out inworld to see if its a keeper. If not, abandon and try again.

About the 5 tries per day.... the way it actually works is that you have 5 tries where each try has a 24-hour timer. After you use the first try, you cannot use it again for 24-hours. Same for the other 4 tries. For example, if you use your tries at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm... you can use them at the same times the next day. I typically use all my tries quickly if I am not getting homes I like.

About Premium Plus members.... you can file a support ticket to request a specific home. This tends to work for themes that are not in high demand, that is, for themes that have available inventory. Because you cannot place a "hold" on a home, your choice may get snapped up before support acts on the request, if the theme is in high demand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

There is no "buying". If you want to try for a new home, you need to be inworld and also on the Linden Homes Selection Page. If you currently own a home, you need to abandon it first... go to your Linden Home inworld, click the Land tool, and click Abandon Land. All your stuff is returned to your lost and found folder. You may want to do this ahead of time, but before abandoning, clear out your music stream and land photo (using the Land Tool).

On the selection page (on the web), pick your theme and go for it. Immediately check it out inworld to see if its a keeper. If not, abandon and try again.

About the 5 tries per day.... the way it actually works is that you have 5 tries where each try has a 24-hour timer. After you use the first try, you cannot use it again for 24-hours. Same for the other 4 tries. For example, if you use your tries at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm... you can use them at the same times the next day. I typically use all my tries quickly if I am not getting homes I like.

About Premium Plus members.... you can file a support ticket to request a specific home. This tends to work for themes that are not in high demand, that is, for themes that have available inventory. Because you cannot place a "hold" on a home, your choice may get snapped up before support acts on the request, if the theme is in high demand.

Thank you, That was big help..

I think might just keep the one I have for right now.. I was happy with it until it sounded like fun trying to get a better one.. hehehe

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have several home types completely decorated in a rez box.
I switch Belli home type fairly often in the periods that I build add ons for them.
Which reminds me, it has been a few months since my last release.... hmm.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have several home types completely decorated in a rez box.
I switch Belli home type fairly often in the periods that I build add ons for them.
Which reminds me, it has been a few months since my last release.... hmm.

I really like that we can do that with these.. I find it enjoyable to just put my cam in the air and look at the designs that so many have come up with for their homes..

I was looking at the boat designs and then seeing some addons people made for them.. That really helped a lot in deciding on getting one..

Another thing I like about the water part is, you can cam pretty freaking far and still be over water that can be traveled on.. I've heard a lot of people, including myself say, I could never live on such a small place.. But when you can just drop a boat or a car down and just go go go without hitting a void, that feels a lot less restricted to me..

• Like 3

I have a 4096 on private land, where I live on a corner plot on my tiny beach, with my private sandbox above it in the sky.
My Belli home I use for measurements and experimenting when I make add ons, but it is my vacation and weekend retreat as well.
The times I hold a stilt home (with water access) or a house boat, it is so relaxing to hop in my boat and start exploring, . I love to peak into other homes to see what people have made of their homes, when sight seeing with my boat.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Improvement of the text.
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 10:59 AM, Sid Nagy said:

I have a 4096 on private land, where I live on a corner plot on my tiny beach, with my private sandbox above it in the sky.
My Belli home I use for measurements and experimenting when I make add ons, but it is my vacation and weekend retreat as well.
The times I hold a stilt home (with water access) or a house boat, it is so relaxing to hop in my boat and start exploring, . I love to peak into other homes to see what people have made of their homes, when sight seeing with my boat.

I should have looked at your addons before i got mine.. hehehe  I was just looking at the ones I was seeing in the area and just grabbed the biggest one I could find..

I was gonna make my own, but it was just taking me too long and I would end up changing it all the time..

The one I got isn't that bad of one.. I like it, but would like to see some others also.. I didn't really know a lot of people made them until yesterday.. I kind of peeked a look at someones to see  what they did on the gable and found out it was a mesh addon.. I was like  oh I'll just do that then.. hehehe

This is mine from the walkway side, it's pretty nice size with the addon.. I'm one house away from the end and not really crowded in. That's me on the upper deck.. hehehe

ETA: I just now noticed your signature with your link.. I swear I am so absent minded sometimes and find things out after I already get stuff.. hehehe

52483442313_83a29323f2_h.jpg

This is from the other side.. the green one on the end is what mine used to look like before the addon. That part that is setup for the stairs really eats up a lot of room up top, but I have most of the rest of the deck for a nice roomy room up top.. I like it so far.. Now I need to find a really nice boat.. hehehe

52483442248_256dfe8448_h.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Very nice.  A lot of living space gained.

Ya, there is plenty of room for me in there for sure :)

I put a new deck and  found a really nice boat too.. I didn't think it would fit, but it does.. hehehehe

I probably won't leave it rezzed, but I just wanted to know I could sit on it also if I wanted to just lay out and  listen to music sometimes.. hehehe

52483642125_9a1a2a8650_h.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:47 AM, diamond Marchant said:

For example, if you use your tries at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm... you can use them at the same times the next day. I typically use all my tries quickly if I am not getting homes I like.

A good trick to getting a better chance at something good is to not do this.  The way it works is, last in, first out. This means that if you try again for the same theme immediately after abandoning, you'll almost certainly end up getting the same one again (unless someone else has been REALLY quick grabbing it in the meantime).

My usual trick is to abandon, then keep an eye on the map. If you select the parcel it will show as being named "Linden Home".  Wait until the name changes to something else, indicating that another person has claimed it. Only then, try again, so you're guaranteed to get somethng different.  If you want to try a third tme on the same theme, you need to check that BOTH parcels are not listed as "Linden Home" before trying for your next one.

If after 3 tries I haven't got one I like, I don't even try again. I either abandon for the day, or go for a different theme altogether. Which is how I ended up with my really nice Fantasy one.

• Like 4

One of my alts has a stilt, and in my experience, most stilts have a poor view. You'll have other houses on all four sides, either all four on water, or three on water and one on land/pier.  There are some on the edges of the zone with void views, and a small number on the western side with views of the log zone (which is what my alt has), and some that border on the main channel running down the middle.

Everywhere can have a perfect sunset or sunrise though; you can change the direction of the sun using the Environment settings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:
On 11/4/2022 at 6:47 PM, diamond Marchant said:

For example, if you use your tries at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm... you can use them at the same times the next day. I typically use all my tries quickly if I am not getting homes I like.

A good trick to getting a better chance at something good is to not do this.

To clarify, this is what I do immediately after new regions have been released  (and have abandoned well in advance).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.