Reputation in the Forums

Ags Falconer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

TOTALLY on TOPIC since it is from the REPUTATION album, and of course TS is in SL! @Charolotte Caxton said so, on a sim and everything!

Someone force @Jordan Whitt to listen to this. I'd say "tie her to a chair" but that's for the adult forum...

Before Taylor comes @ me! I did not say she herself personally is in SL! I have her posters, so that's how she is in SL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Demmit,@Ags Falconer!  I've been on a very good, partial, not-quite flounce from here for many weeks, complete with an adorable flounce gif posted in the Peeves thread (my home turf). As others have mentioned, the new rules have cast a bit of a pallor here. I returned several months ago, just as the rules went into effect. You will find this a changed place, and light-hearted banter can get pulled if not strictly on topic or about SL. (This post IS about SL! honest! SL SL SL SL)  I've retreated to posting a few photos and a few songs... in other words very few word posts. (The world says, "Yay!")

But demmit, in you waltz, all you and bringing a bit of the other back. :) I just had to reply.

As far as reputations... you want "thank you" "hearts" and "laughs" to each and every one of your posts, no matter how benign. Quipping helps, but don't over-do or people start rolling their eyes (which will help your UN-official bad reputation). Un-official bad reps are easy! Here's some tips:

1) Create drama about nothing! (but that's the old rules too, so no news there!)
2) Create drama by being a White Knight, riding in where no one asked for your help, needs your help, and you aren't helping! Be the Champion of Little People Everywhere! Annoy the crap out of everyone, because a) who wants to be classified as a "little people who is too stupid to fend for themselves"? and b) who wants to swat off all of that stuff about every post
?
3) Repeatedly, in various threads, attack one person and demand they remove a photo that is within the guidelines, citing "triggered"
4) Repeatedly, in various threads, attack a few people just because they exist and you feel slighted that they are not "letting you in" (because you correctly assess they can't stand you and are ignoring you)
5) Repeatedly create threads just to get rep points because your rep points are super low compared to your post count because: see above. Bonus un-official bad rep points if those threads you create are aimed at dissing your ex who also is in the forum, and/or are simply rip offs of other threads.
6) In every thread let everyone know you are a sex worker
7) You have to bring politics, and social justice warrior into EVERY thread
8 ) You know the people in #4 that you've been targeting? Adopt the attitude that "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and insincerely adopt things important to THEM, wave this new alliance about, and expect everyone to embrace it as "real"
9) Make creepy, stalker-y, sexual innuendo comments on photos, mistakenly thinking it is "flirting" (And NO! that's not a reference to a recent post in a photo thread I teased about. That WAS harmless flirting. .... geez, disclaimers, folks!)
10) RAGE quit every two seconds and then come back and whine that no one threw a tickertape parade on your return, again

ETA: Bonus #11... post REALLY long comments about EVERYTHING. Use this post as a template. YW.

:)

Hope that helps.

You've already earned a few un-official bad rep points in MY book by compelling me to type and thus ruining my semi-flounce retirement. :|

Here's a few pro PRO reputation points. These are Super Sekret, so don't tell anyone else...

Post Taylor Swift gifs a LOT, especially to @Jordan Whitt. Double points if you also include a creepy clown to Jordan, too.
calm-down-sleeping.gif.0cf030c76e7c4b284fa7e8b806c5470f.gifyes-no.gif.a515216e7b2ab440f2f7c1cb1497b720.gif

It almost seems like you stole the list off my desk.    Aside from the whole Taylor Swift thing but no one's perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Demmit,@Ags Falconer!  I've been on a very good, partial, not-quite flounce from here for many weeks, complete with an adorable flounce gif posted in the Peeves thread (my home turf). As others have mentioned, the new rules have cast a bit of a pallor here. I returned several months ago, just as the rules went into effect. You will find this a changed place, and light-hearted banter can get pulled if not strictly on topic or about SL. (This post IS about SL! honest! SL SL SL SL)  I've retreated to posting a few photos and a few songs... in other words very few word posts. (The world says, "Yay!")

But demmit, in you waltz, all you and bringing a bit of the other back. :) I just had to reply.

As far as reputations... you want "thank you" "hearts" and "laughs" to each and every one of your posts, no matter how benign. Quipping helps, but don't over-do or people start rolling their eyes (which will help your UN-official bad reputation). Un-official bad reps are easy! Here's some tips:

1) Create drama about nothing! (but that's the old rules too, so no news there!)
2) Create drama by being a White Knight, riding in where no one asked for your help, needs your help, and you aren't helping! Be the Champion of Little People Everywhere! Annoy the crap out of everyone, because a) who wants to be classified as a "little people who is too stupid to fend for themselves"? and b) who wants to swat off all of that stuff about every post
?
3) Repeatedly, in various threads, attack one person and demand they remove a photo that is within the guidelines, citing "triggered"
4) Repeatedly, in various threads, attack a few people just because they exist and you feel slighted that they are not "letting you in" (because you correctly assess they can't stand you and are ignoring you)
5) Repeatedly create threads just to get rep points because your rep points are super low compared to your post count because: see above. Bonus un-official bad rep points if those threads you create are aimed at dissing your ex who also is in the forum, and/or are simply rip offs of other threads.
8 ) You know the people in #4 that you've been targeting? Adopt the attitude that "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and insincerely adopt things important to THEM, wave this new alliance about, and expect everyone to embrace it as "real"
9) Make creepy, stalker-y, sexual innuendo comments on photos, mistakenly thinking it is "flirting" (And NO! that's not a reference to a recent post in a photo thread I teased about. That WAS harmless flirting. .... geez, disclaimers, folks!)
10) RAGE quit every two seconds and then come back and whine that no one threw a tickertape parade on your return, again

ETA: Bonus #11... post REALLY long comments about EVERYTHING. Use this post as a template. YW.

Hope that helps.

You've already earned a few un-official bad rep points in MY book by compelling me to type and thus ruining my semi-flounce retirement. :|

Here's a few pro PRO reputation points. These are Super Sekret, so don't tell anyone else...

Post Taylor Swift gifs a LOT, especially to @Jordan Whitt. Double points if you also include a creepy clown to Jordan, too.
calm-down-sleeping.gif.0cf030c76e7c4b284fa7e8b806c5470f.gifyes-no.gif.a515216e7b2ab440f2f7c1cb1497b720.gif

AWESOME list! I almost missed it except Rowan quoted it!

Is it safe to assume that at least #10 includes "Flounce repeatedly", although your list does not specifically have "Flounce"?  But then again, maybe "Flouncing" doesn't get a "bad" reputation, as it is now normalized?

I'd like to add:  "Demand that people not use certain words, because you just KNOW they don't mean the words in the way you demand."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It almost seems like you stole the list off my desk.    Aside from the whole Taylor Swift thing but no one's perfect.

Well, of course! We do share the Un-official Official Forum Points excel workbook! 

PS. Scylla and Ags are aiming stuff to fire at The Mean Girls... you might wanna gear up.

ETA: Re the TS thing... If you approach the TS gifs in the same way you do creepy clown stuff to peeve off Jordan, then we are totally on the same page. Just reframe, Rowan, reframe.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

How to get a bad reputation in the forums?

Over react to everything.

Assume worst intent

Take every difference of opinion as a personal attack 

Say cruel things then call everyone hyper emotional when you're called out

Assign a negative tone to other's posts as often as possible 

Never admit you could have been wrong.  Ever.  Hold tight and double down.

Play dumb.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

AWESOME list! I almost missed it except Rowan quoted it!

Is it safe to assume that at least #10 includes "Flounce repeatedly", although your list does not specifically have "Flounce"?  But then again, maybe "Flouncing" doesn't get a "bad" reputation, as it is now normalized?

I'd like to add:  "Demand that people not use certain words, because you just KNOW they don't mean the words in the way you demand."

You missed it except in a quote? Does that mean you have me blocked? If so, see that folks? I knows how to get bad rep points, so heeds mah post list! Pro tips, indeed!

#10 was as written: repeated rage quits, followed by frequent returns seeking sympathy for not being greeted with a parade. That's in a different league from flounce, which is different from a semi-almost-maybe-kinda flounce. There was a thread in one of the other People-subforums that discussed this, which I believe you participated in. Several people, including Da5id outlined the different modes, and reminded folks not to lump them all together.  The last time I left the forum, it was for years. YEARS. I didn't rage quit or flounce (to my memory). YEARS gone is not "frequent"... and stating "semi-kinda & gonna post in picture threads" good natured flounce to politely let people who MIGHT care why you aren't posting as much, is different from a frequent rage/sympathy cycle. 

If you are referring to my annoyance with people using the term "triggered" then you and I have had that convo before, and it never included you as being a person who uses it in an annoying way. I know you keep bringing that up, and it puzzles me.

It is often hard to tell, Love, whether you are directing specific things to specific people when you reply as you just did. Sorry if I missed the mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

?

Hope that helps.

@Seicher Rae, I wanted to re-read your post to take in its full beautiful affect (while In SL of course). Braavo! 💖

+1 for introducing me to the word "flounce" -- very nice

And I found this clown avatar while In SL and thought about its impact to my Reputation which is of course what this post/thread is all about. 

creepy clown In SL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ags Falconer said:

@Seicher Rae, I wanted to re-read your post to take in its full beautiful affect (while In SL of course). Braavo! 💖

+1 for introducing me to the word "flounce" -- very nice

And I found this clown avatar while In SL and thought about its impact to my Reputation which is of course what this post/thread is all about. 

creepy clown In SL.jpg

Fantastic use of creepy clown illustration! For best effects, however, flag that @Jordan Whitt  She will LOVE you for it! (promise!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

ETA: Re the TS thing...

I was reminded by a FB video short (someone's "reel") today that TS re-recorded all her original albums to get her royalties back, and according to the guy in the video, that is "the most punk thing ever done, more than any punk group ever did".  

So yea, now I gotta 'spect her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

It is often hard to tell, Love, whether you are directing specific things to specific people when you reply as you just did. Sorry if I missed the mark.

OMG! As with you, I may have been referring to certain people's actions in the past (don't tell me you weren't!!!) but - Neither remark was directed "towards" anyone, and had nothing to do with you! 

Your own flouncing is tots adorbs, and nothing to complain about. 

But "rage quitting" and then "coming back" is technically a type of flounce!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You missed it except in a quote? Does that mean you have me blocked? If so, see that folks? I knows how to get bad rep points, so heeds mah post list! Pro tips, indeed!

Nope! I somehow scrolled past your post / skipped over it, due to the way Forum notifications work, etc.

I'll make sure I am stalking, I mean following your posts. 

So there.

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

If you are referring to my annoyance with people using the term "triggered" then you and I have had that convo before, and it never included you as being a person who uses it in an annoying way. I know you keep bringing that up, and it puzzles me.

Not you, someone else told me literally "stop using that word"! 🙂 I see why you are puzzled. Other people - NOT you - have a habit of controlling the conversation by trying to decide what words we use.  When I bring that up, I am talking about those other people - NOT you. Sorry you are puzzled by it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

OMG! As with you, I may have been referring to certain people's actions in the past (don't tell me you weren't!!!) but - Neither remark was directed "towards" anyone, and had nothing to do with you! 

Your own flouncing is tots adorbs, and nothing to complain about. 

But "rage quitting" and then "coming back" is technically a type of flounce!!

Cool. (sincere)
As I said, sometimes hard to tell... not just with you, but everyone. Is part of the "beast" of text-based communication.

Yes, agree, technically a rage quit is a type of flounce. I can gets pedantic too (another way to get good/bad rep points!). But there is also a huge difference in intent which is what I was on about. :)

What? My list had certain people in mind? Past and present? (And no doubt future?) Well... to that...

/me plays dumb

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Can add another one. Sadly, I disagree with this one (because it is situationally based):  People who only / always react to posts get often a "bad reputation" with others. Similar to how people sometimes don't understand that a "laugh is just a laugh" and not a "scorn laugh", etc. 

My point: Merely reacting to others' posts can get you a "bad reputation" with them!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yes, agree, technically a rage quit is a type of flounce. I can gets pedantic too (another way to get good/bad rep points!). But there is also a huge difference in intent which is what I was on about. :)

Well, it's not just that "flounce" can, maybe, be synonymous with "rage quit." It's also that it connotes a particular attitude towards that person's actions. It suggests that their reasons are probably trivial, that they are being a bit bratty and very showy, and so forth. So, denotative meaning is one thing: connotation is quite another. If for instance, one said that "the ambassador flounced out of the talks," one would be betraying a particularly dismissive attitude to their reasons for doing so.

The vast majority of the time, when you use the term "flounce," it is about yourself. It's self-denigrating, a little ironic, and humourous. Which is also how I apply it to myself. No one is likely to take exception to tongue-in-cheek humour directed at oneself.

Using it to refer to the upset responses of those unhappy with the new forum guidelines, on the other hand, either reveals that one doesn't understand the word, or that one is sneering at their response.

On one occasion that I recall, I asked someone not to use "flounce" in this context, as it seemed unnecessarily and, I thought at the time, possibly unintentionally insulting to people who were legitimately upset over something important to them. I've since come to think it wasn't so "unintentional" after all.

/me flounces out of the thread, picking up her skirts and, nose high in the air, out-flounces even you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

One more piece of advice on building a reputation:

Find a perceived slight.  Grow it.  Feed it.  Encourage it.  Let it occupy your mind unimpeded. Hold it in as long as possible and never let it go.  Hug it. Use it as a security blanket.  Replay it over and over in your mind.  Let the felling grow inside of you.  Feel the hate and spite.  Wallow in it.

When you're ready, put your fingers to the keyboard and release it.  Release it into as many different threads as possible.  Share it with others.  Don't hold back.  Remove any filters an adult might put in place.  Tact is for the weak.

Then, enjoy a nice cocktail or smoke a joint and prepare for a forum vacation. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Find a perceived slight.  Grow it.  Feed it.  Encourage it.  Let it occupy your mind unimpeded. Hold it in as long as possible and never let it go.  Hug it. Use it as a security blanket.  Replay it over and over in your mind.  Let the felling grow inside of you.  Feel the hate and spite.  Wallow in it.

Yes! This!!

I keep mine in my kitchen window, in adorable little pink pots with affirmative saying printed on them, like "Start each day as though it were your first."

And I water them regularly with vinegar.(Of course.)

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

out-flounces even you.

ppppththth... not hardly. Amateur.

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes! This!!

I keep mine in my kitchen window, in adorable little pink pots with affirmative saying printed on them, like "Start each day as though it were your first."

And I water them regularly with vinegar.(Of course.)

As stated: Amateur. Water with beer, and the saying is "revenge is best served cold...with a side of quip"

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, it's not just that "flounce" can, maybe, be synonymous with "rage quit." It's also that it connotes a particular attitude towards that person's actions. It suggests that their reasons are probably trivial, that they are being a bit bratty and very showy, and so forth. So, denotative meaning is one thing: connotation is quite another. If for instance, one said that "the ambassador flounced out of the talks," one would be betraying a particularly dismissive attitude to their reasons for doing so.

The vast majority of the time, when you use the term "flounce," it is about yourself. It's self-denigrating, a little ironic, and humourous. Which is also how I apply it to myself. No one is likely to take exception to tongue-in-cheek humour directed at oneself.

Using it to refer to the upset responses of those unhappy with the new forum guidelines, on the other hand, either reveals that one doesn't understand the word, or that one is sneering at their response.

On one occasion that I recall, I asked someone not to use "flounce" in this context, as it seemed unnecessarily and, I thought at the time, possibly unintentionally insulting to people who were legitimately upset over something important to them. I've since come to think it wasn't so "unintentional" after all.

/me flounces out of the thread, picking up her skirts and, nose high in the air, out-flounces even you.

For those of you doing a formal dissertation on the linguistics of "flounce"...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...sends you a dozen chocolate chunk cookies for using correct grammar in your pictorial illustrations.

I might think you were my Advanced Grammar teacher except, I believe, she'd be around 120 years old by now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.