CAN WE SERIOUSLY STILL NOT CHANGE OUR PROFILE PHOTOS?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can you change your profile photo right now? Not in theory, I know the steps, but in right now reality, can you change your profile photo (in SL not the forums)? If so, how? Thank you.

Edit: And I mean seriously, in real time, are you at this moment able to change it and change it back? I cannot

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
bolded for emphasis, you specifically, not in general
  • Sad 1

I've changed mine twice in the past two days. At the risk of going all Roy and Moss, have you tried changing the profile pic, then logging out and back in (possibly with a different viewer)? Perhaps the old image is being cached by your viewer for some reason.

• Like 3

You can, just not on the mysecondlife.com page or using the web profile in Firestorm.Β  You can still drag and drop on Firestorm if you use the old style profile.Β  On the newest LL viewer, you can upload a picture directly from your computer free of charge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Can you change your profile photo right now? Not in theory, I know the steps, but in right now reality, can you change your profile photo (in SL not the forums)? If so, how? Thank you.

Edit: And I mean seriously, in real time, are you at this moment able to change it and change it back? I cannot

*offers you hugglez and hot tea*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I changed my SL in-world profile picture a few days ago. Although the main picture on my profile changed, the small icons on my 'feed' still have the previous profile pic. I'm not that bothered, it's quite similar to the new pic anyway, but I thought it might be relevant to mention this glitch.

• Like 2

So my solution was to log in to the official viewer on a windows operating system. Everything worked there as expected. Clicked change photo, chose a photo on my pc, it changed instantly.

Oh yeah I tried doing the Firestorm load pic thing, told me my image was too large. Β 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

So my solution was to log in to the official viewer on a windows operating system. Everything worked there as expected. Clicked change photo, chose a photo on my pc, it changed instantly.

Oh yeah I tried doing the Firestorm load pic thing, told me my image was too large. Β 

was your image too large?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

For firestorm, yes, for the official viewer, no.

So you are trying to drag and drop it from your desktop onto your profile or you are trying to change it from your inventory?

I've only ever been able to change it on firestorm from my inventory.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So you are trying to drag and drop it from your desktop onto your profile or you are trying to change it from your inventory?

I've only ever been able to change it on firestorm from my inventory.

That's the only way I did it.and size.does.matter.when uploading to SL.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I suspect the drama stems from the ALL CAPS thread title.

Some folks have very sensitive text hearing and perceive it as shouting.

Whereas I simply assume grandpa's keyboard has been stuck in that mode since using Shift Lock to type in "AOL".

If people can't handle capitalized letters that are begging for help that's on them. I know perfectly well what I am typing when I am typing and why.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.