Distance Between Lab and Residents

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, EnCore Mayne said:

is there no way for technology to be invented, especially by the people who nearly invented the virtual space we live in, to make these announcements to the community stay within the confines of the platform?

Why should they waste time reinventing the wheel when there are perfectly good solutions that already exist. If you're that desperate to not ever leave SL, you can always stream Lab Gab on Media on a Prim. 

Didn't LL get rid of the Governance User group because of people whining too much or was there another reason?   Just like in a lot of voice chat regions, there will ALWAYS be a few people who monopolize everyone's time.  Having an open Q&A session would inevitably end in a fuster cluck.  We all know it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It seems, some residents want to close the distance gap with LL, and like, crush them in a giant hug!!

And others, just want to push LL away, all sad-like.

Distance can be a tricky thing, everyone has different needs and boundaries.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
everyone, not every
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Do you have a point you're trying to articulate? Why should a semi-regular announcements segment with various developers be open to the howling mob?

I asked a question,  you gave me your opinion.  I didn't say it should.  I don't need to explain myself to you.  :)

On 10/22/2022 at 12:18 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

Why should they waste time reinventing the wheel when there are perfectly good solutions that already exist. If you're that desperate to not ever leave SL, you can always stream Lab Gab on Media on a Prim. 

Yes but keeping it closed like this, means that we who play SL. Will always have to deal with people putting a negative stigma on us. I would rather open the flood gates, and let people in, so they can make their own opinions on what SL is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yes but keeping it closed like this, means that we who play SL. Will always have to deal with people putting a negative stigma on us. I would rather open the flood gates, and let people in, so they can make their own opinions on what SL is. 

But putting what is basically the Homeroom Announcements on Youtube, delivered by attractively put together avatars and voiced by the Lindens - who know what they're talking about - is good advertisement. Like, if you didn't play SL, but saw those Boston Blaisedale body tutorials, you might be tempted. 

1 minute ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

But putting what is basically the Homeroom Announcements on Youtube, delivered by attractively put together avatars and voiced by the Lindens - who know what they're talking about - is good advertisement. Like, if you didn't play SL, but saw those Boston Blaisedale body tutorials, you might be tempted. 

I am not saying take it off of Youtube, but you go on about trolls and if we open it up to the public it will allow them in. Wouldn't YouTube do the same thing though? So I mean just let everyone in, this is a platform for everyone to come and socialize and have fun. What is the harm in that? 

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I am not saying take it off of Youtube, but you go on about trolls and if we open it up to the public it will allow them in. Wouldn't YouTube do the same thing though? So I mean just let everyone in, this is a platform for everyone to come and socialize and have fun. What is the harm in that? 

Because most people who are super SL-online want to interrupt so they can complain about their personal pet grievance. (See: the people interrupting an unrelated thread to try and demand answers to a question not at all relevant because of the presence of a Linden.)

14 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Because most people who are super SL-online want to interrupt so they can complain about their personal pet grievance. (See: the people interrupting an unrelated thread to try and demand answers to a question not at all relevant because of the presence of a Linden.)

It happens on every platform and the people and those people who are in charge, deal with it. That is part of working in a business like this. 

i'm not sure what's going on since i've been able to use the forum tools made available to us all that prevents known sour pusses from being heard. i highly suggest everyone who's interested in exchanging ideas in a polite and rational manner avail themselves of the same tools. it does seem, to me, that it's always the same individuals who demonstrably exhibit their antagonistic beliefs to the detriment of the issue's fullness of expression. feeding the trolls only sends the topic into a place they desire for all issues.

forestfires.gif.d33a88b1949f8cbadbe97244d20ad583.gif

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.