ADD YOUR SURLS HERE!! The Great Trick or Treat Event Candy Bucket List!!!

JessycaJayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I've just checked our records and, to date, people have collected candy from buckets on more than 950 different parcels, so it's worth going out looking, since there seem to be a lot of parcels that aren't on any lists.

Could you tell us what the tally is for the residents with the most found candy? Those stats would be more interesting than just what’s out there. 

• Moles
2 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

Could you tell us what the tally is for the residents with the most found candy? Those stats would be more interesting than just what’s out there. 

Sorry, but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving out that kind of information.   It's not mine to release.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just wondering about the over 900 hits on buckets. I have been getting loads of duplicate entries.  I have hit the same buckets more than once and I'm sure other people have too. Not sure how the data was collected by the moles but could it include multiple hits by the same avatars?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Astrid Ayashi said:

Just wondering about the over 900 hits on buckets. I have been getting loads of duplicate entries.  I have hit the same buckets more than once and I'm sure other people have too. Not sure how the data was collected by the moles but could it include multiple hits by the same avatars?

He said there are 950 buckets out there, did Not give any collected amounts. 

most buckets I’ve come across only have about 100 on average, the highest being about 200.

• Like 2

• Moles
31 minutes ago, Astrid Ayashi said:

I have hit the same buckets more than once

You haven't, or not according to my records.    I've just checked the uuids of all the parcels where you have touched a bucket and they are all unique.

In answer to the question about how the data is collected, every time someone touches a bucket, the identity of the toucher, the uuid and location of the parcel where the bucket is, and the identity of the parcel owner are recorded automatically, both as KVP values and in a spreadsheet.

And, just to clarify -- there are over 950 different buckets on different parcels that have been touched at least once.  We also keep count of how many times each bucket has been touched, but that's not what I was talking about.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

He said there are 950 buckets out there, did Not give any collected amounts. 

most buckets I’ve come across only have about 100 on average, the highest being about 200.

6 of my 7 buckets are not on any lists. They all have somewhere between 20 and 29 hits.. most of them more like 20 or 21.

• Like 2

I wish there was a prize for distance traveled without tp'ing, but I am having so much fun with just seeing new places.  I haven't even started the Victorians or Chalets, yet.  Since I didn't make it to the Chalets last year, it will be a priority this year.

Only found 2 orbs that break covenant so far.  Both were in the stilts regions. One person was unaware of the covenant and changed the settings.  The other one was not so nice.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

ISince I didn't make it to the Chalets last year, it will be a priority this year.

Per my entirely unscientific survey, the Chalet regions are the LEAST likely to have homes with candy buckets set out.   There are a lot of unreleased chalets, so I think that's contributing to the low numbers.    Even the ones with buckets aren't decorated much.

I'd say that the houseboats and Sakura are the homes that have a better house/bucket ratio than other areas, but there are pockets of stilt homes that have multiple buckets in one region. 

• Like 4

I have an experimental bucket out in Santa Louisa.  The region only has ~16 homes, and 1 other bucket.  The other person's bucket has over 100 hits - it has been in the lists since the start, is clearly visible from the street, and the home has a lot of cute Halloween decor.  My bucket has 19 hits - it is only visible from the water, the home is not decorated for Halloween and the interior is not furnished (waiting for open floorplan).  I think both making them easy to see and listing them makes a big difference.

I'm not really collecting, but I have visited a few places in regions whose names I don't recognize.  I usually walk around the region some.  Great excuse for exploring :)

Last year, the chalets didn't have a lot of buckets either.  Tho really, the chalet homes themselves seem to me to be IDEAL for seasonal decorating.

I'm curious, are there a lot of buckets out in Fantasseria?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Not as many as last year.  Fantasseria has a lot of non-phantom objects so I tend to find it annoying flying through there.   I'd say those homes count for less than 15% of my current bucket count.  Chalets are probably under 10% because, again, of all the unreleased homes. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I've just checked our records and, to date, people have collected candy from buckets on more than 950 different parcels, so it's worth going out looking, since there seem to be a lot of parcels that aren't on any lists.

Thanks for confirming this... I thought would be the case. Even though I've been adding my own SLURL to lists when I see them, I haven't been using those TP lists for hunting. Instead, I've been walking, flying, and camming. It's slow going, but I get more of a feel for the landscape. It means I've only been to 100-110 regions so far, and my bucket clicks are in the 30s... but each time I find one, I check the major lists to see if I got one that is listed. About one third of the buckets I've clicked are on lists, and two thirds are not.

What this means, of course, is that anyone who does want to max out their clicks should do some of it the slow way.

As for me, at some point, I'll break down and start using the SLURLs, because, first, my goal is to click as many buckets as the number of clicks mine has gotten (which was in the 90s the last time I checked), but for now, there's sort of a greater sense of satisfaction in finding buckets that are off the beaten path.

And second, I live in the oldest part of Bellisseria, so all I've seen so far are traditionals, houseboats, and trailers, and at some point I'd like to see all the styles I don't already see all the time. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I have an experimental bucket out in Santa Louisa.  The region only has ~16 homes, and 1 other bucket.  The other person's bucket has over 100 hits - it has been in the lists since the start, is clearly visible from the street, and the home has a lot of cute Halloween decor.  My bucket has 19 hits - it is only visible from the water, the home is not decorated for Halloween and the interior is not furnished (waiting for open floorplan).  I think both making them easy to see and listing them makes a big difference.

I'm not really collecting, but I have visited a few places in regions whose names I don't recognize.  I usually walk around the region some.  Great excuse for exploring :)

Last year, the chalets didn't have a lot of buckets either.  Tho really, the chalet homes themselves seem to me to be IDEAL for seasonal decorating.

I found it! Took me a while because I got distracted with the views. Your view is amazing!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Astrid Ayashi said:

You can only get one candy per parcel, so no clue how anyone can hit buckets more than once...o.O

No way! LOL

Unless you mean you accidentally clicked one you had before? But if you been there already it will tell you that you've already gotten a piece and to look somewhere else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.