Just now, Bagnu said:

I am staring at 55 inch 4K TV as a monitor.. I would never have noticed a bra outline. I see it, but if you didn't mention it, I wouldn't ever have noticed.

It's subtle, but that's fine.

Clothing makers have gotten much better at showing folds in tops, both in the mesh and the texturing (although I suppose baked-in shadow is supposed to be a no-no these days?).

But they seem to think that we all want to convey the impression that we're bouncing around, free and unfettered all the time. (See for instance most body physics! Bounce bounce!)

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Careful, you'll poke your eye out!

Picture is: Fembot from Austin Powers.

fembot from Austin Powers Franchise shooting sleeping gas from bra |  Ladyclever

Seriously.

I have decided NOT to purchase some tops because they made me look as though I'd either just walked in from a blindingly cold snowstorm, or was in a permanent state of excitement.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Careful @brodiac90, this is a reply to an argument from before we got multiple warnings from the Mods, including a "FINAL" warning.  I humbly suggest that you drop it.

I've just see the warnings thanks, please can you edit your post to get rid of the quote - I have edited my post you quoted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
27 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I am staring at 55 inch 4K TV as a monitor.. I would never have noticed a bra outline. I see it, but if you didn't mention it, I wouldn't ever have noticed.

It's subtle, but that's fine.

Peeve: I thought your top was just "ill-fitting"!!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I thought your top was just "ill-fitting"!!

Well, and here's the irony that speaks volumes about our relationship to SL.

In RL, you don't want the outline of your bra (or, probably, your panties) visible. But in RL it very often is.

So a desire for "realism" dictates that I want SL to reflect a reality that I wish were not true in RL.

Humans are very weird.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Missing word

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, and here's the irony that speaks volumes about our relationship to SL.

In RL, you don't want the outline of your bra (or, probably, your panties) visible. But in RL it very often is.

So a desire for "realism" dictates that I want SL to reflect a reality that I wish were not true in RL.

Humans are very weird.

Possibly a "deformer" may add two kinds or realism, either "squished bewbs", or "looks like wearing a bra"?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Possibly a "deformer" may add two kinds or realism, either "squished bewbs", or "looks like wearing a bra"?

Attitudes towards this vary a lot, from individual to individual, and from feature to feature.

I don't think many people, perhaps anyone even, is losing sleep at nights because their mesh tee doesn't show the outline of their bra. I don't.

On the other hand, most women I know tend to find unrealistically sized and/or buoyant breasts an eye roller, or at least kind of funny. But I suspect that the number of us who actually use breast deformers to achieve a more realistic look is probably relatively small. Women have probably, overall, been more likely to use shoulder deformers, especially on Maitreya.

Then again, there are, apparently, women out there who don't mind, and maybe even want, gravity-defying bouncy zeppelins. And of course, that's fine. Whatevs.

And some "fads" are built around hyper-realistic looks. The whole juicy thighs / boobs thing is a case in point: undies, stockings, bras, etc., do "hug" the body tightly and create bulges, even if very small: if they didn't, they'd fall off. The juicy whatever trend took a "realistic" feature of women's clothing and drove it off a cliff, really accentuating it for effect.

Generally, I didn't care quite so much about that kind of realism until I started seriously taking photos, which I wanted to look as realistic as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Semi-peeve: the Pinterest algorithm has decided, probably because it's been listening in on this conversation here, that I'm most interested in images of women's tops for sale.

Which, actually ... it's not entirely wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Peeve: Still so much off topic even after the big warning. Wow.  . . . . . this is what real entitlement looks like for the person who used it to describe me several posts ago.....js.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Still so much off topic even after the big warning. Wow.  . . . . . this is what real entitlement looks like for the person who used it to describe me several posts ago.....js.

It seems to be off-topic arguing the moderators don't like. We can expand on a peeve quite a bit without moderation as long as we're not fighting...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Yes, a pair of nice looking boobs is certainly a crime in SL.

My question to you is - Why were you even in a deserted park area of London City?  There was nothing to do there.  It seemed to be a place for AFK avatars to rest.  The sign was all alone, rather small, on a side street with nothing near it.  Do you usually roam around deserted G-rated regions next to crowded M- rated regions on private islands?  I am surprised you felt at all comfortable going to an estate full of adult looking avatars.  Are you now looking for these technical violations all over the grid?

That's exactly what the whole child avatar thing feels like. Like karens who call and look for something to complain about that should never have been a problem until it was blown out of proportion by someone with too much time and a high for having the power to get stuff taken down.  #RevokeChildrenRightsInSecondLife

Edited by Midnoot

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

It seems to be off-topic arguing the moderators don't like. We can expand on a peeve quite a bit without moderation as long as we're not fighting...

Nope. Peeves are light and short. Get too long and deep, the moderators definitely bring that up. Because by then you're not talking about an individual's small "peeve".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

5 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

That's exactly what the whole child avatar thing feels like. Like karens who call and look for something to complain about that should never have been a problem until it was blown out of proportion by someone with too much time and a high for having the power to get stuff taken down.  #RevokeChildrenRightsInSecondLife

Peeve: 'Adults' that need a lesson from Frozen.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Nope. Peeves are light and short. Get too long and deep, the moderators definitely bring that up. Because by then you're not talking about an individual's small "peeve".

Yes I know they said that (emphasizing the preferred shortness in comments for this peeve thread)....but this is not what has been happening ever.  I suspect though, that this is because it's only the fighting that gets reported by an annoyed forumite, and that very seldom is a rambling peeve reported if it's not contentious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Peeve: 'Adults' that need a lesson from Frozen.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Peeve: Adults who think they have to mother other people in forums, I'm good.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Moooommmmy....Scylla & love talked a loooong time about bewbs in the thread and they didn't get in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Pretend Pet Peeve ~

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Tonight's peeve: Children.

Someone reacted to your posts and you didn't like it? Big whoop. Grow. Up.

Peeve:

When someone laugh reacts at so many posts that the laugh emoji becomes a scornful insult instead of a genuine sign of enjoyment. 3943bc4d9727fbfbe2fd95760094c858.png

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 4