10 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why not just say, sometimes people with autism can exhibit traits similar to NPD? Keep it simple. Just a thought.

Or may be some of Me do not want to be labelled

"Some of You" could bring it up with Luna, then. I didn't bring up Autism. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes!! And we can drop the whole "gaslighting traumatized narcissist misogynist Alpha Incels" too!!!

We must include all personality disorders as well!!!!

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:
5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes!! And we can drop the whole "gaslighting traumatized narcissist misogynist Alpha Incels" too!!!

Peeve: I feel there is no reason to have an exhaustive list from the DSM, possibly just a list of those often used in Forum discussions should suffice?

12 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Simple can often be the best way to describe something, yes, but it doesn't address my concern of late -- I'm frequently seeing people confuse the two.

Peeve - Worrying about people backsliding into white-knighting when they'd made so much progress in stopping that behavior.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:
12 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Simple can often be the best way to describe something, yes, but it doesn't address my concern of late -- I'm frequently seeing people confuse the two.

Peeve - Worrying about people backsliding into white-knighting when they'd made so much progress in stopping that behavior.

Peeve: While less exciting, positive changes can occasionally be a "relief"!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:
8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I feel there is no reason to have an exhaustive list from the DSM, possibly just a list of those often used in Forum discussions should suffice?

I'm just being silly...no way could we list every single condition in the DSM you know...that's part of the joke. Maybe a joke on par with dad jokes so not so good...sorry   :)

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm just being silly...no way could we list every single condition in the DSM you know...that's part of the joke. Maybe a joke on par with dad jokes so not so good...sorry   :)

Yes, I was just rolling with what you said, and knew you were joking. 🙂

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:
14 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

No white-knighting there. I just feel we need to be careful when we accuse someone of a stigmatized condition from the DSM (be it autism or narcissistic personality disorder). I'd rather people not armchair this at all, but if one feels they must do it at least attempt to get it right..

But...have you ever felt, Roxy, that you might have been too hard on someone? Like, someone who couldn't help what they were doing? I feel a little guilty like I might have been wrong.  I don't think we'd call that white-knighting though, I'd call it having a conscience.

Pet Peeve:  People and how they relate to each other...never easy to figure out.

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: How are we expected to have a "Kumbaya moment" in Second Life, if we can't hold hands?

Like both our Guru's say....all is energy...so we can connect our energies    :)

Gacha really were a blight, weren't they? I am happy that many stores now sell their old gacha sets directly, sometimes even with the option to go for specific items, but it's a little sad whenever I stumble over something cool on the marketplace only to realize that it's part of a set I won't be able to gain access to in its full splendor because the creator reduced their presence on the platform 😭

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 7:55 PM, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  Narcissism and some forms of autism can be confused -- it can be difficult to tell the difference!  But it's important to know this when interacting with someone because the way in which you'd treat them for an optimal outcome would be markedly different.

19 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

No white-knighting there. I just feel we need to be careful when we accuse someone of a stigmatized condition from the DSM (be it autism or narcissistic personality disorder). I'd rather people not armchair this at all, but if one feels they must do it at least attempt to get it right..

But...have you ever felt, Roxy, that you might have been too hard on someone? Like, someone who couldn't help what they were doing? I feel a little guilty like I might have been wrong.  I don't think we'd call that white-knighting though, I'd call it having a conscience.

Pet Peeve:  People and how they relate to each other...never easy to figure out.

To paraphrase Bronxelf, A Dx is not a license to AH.

Pet peeve: People that think it is.

Edited by Roxy Couturier

6 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:
On 5/29/2024 at 9:34 AM, Luna Bliss said:

If I knew what you meant by Bronxelf, Dx, and AH perhaps I could respond  :(

Pet Peeve:  Acronyms and unusual references.

18 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

Peeve: Products without demos .... like seriously. 

I 2nd that as a pet peeve -- I can't understand why they don't have a demo as it's not that hard.

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
On 5/29/2024 at 9:34 AM, Luna Bliss said:

but if one feels they must do it

..then STFU.

FIFU!

I agree. Those who feel compelled to label those who disagree with them as narcissists should indeed do that...

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
6 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

If I knew what you meant by Bronxelf, Dx, and AH perhaps I could respond  :(

Pet Peeve:  Acronyms and unusual references.

Peeve: Not everyone has a Dx, but sometimes they act like one anyway.  Everyone does have an AH, and they often act like one.

• Like 1