1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In case anyone wants to "go slumming" as I do, the best Caramel-flavored coffee I have found is..Barney's!

Peeve: Stuck-up coffee experts!  (And probably not ONE of y'all have a full-size Espresso machine.) <== He is a stuck-up coffee expert.

I normally drink Folgers or Maxwell House depending on which is on sale.  Big pot, ready when I wake up.  The good stuff I save for myself when I'm sitting alone, reading or feeling blue.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Silent posted a link to a discussion from the old RA forum, ca. 2000, that involved me a day or so ago.

Looking it over, I was astonished, and a little horrified, by my own tenacity and energetic enthusiasm for argument.

God, it must have been exhausting. I don't have the energy for that sort of thing anymore. Or, perhaps, the self-assured confidence that I'm always "right."

There was this too with comments running from 2009 until 2014: http://alphavilleherald.com/2009/05/is-your-second-life-woman-a-real-life-man.html

There's a reason I never go back and read years old posts I made. You just found it. 😄

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Stuck-up coffee experts!  (And probably not ONE of y'all have a full-size Espresso machine.) <== He is a stuck-up coffee expert.

You need to buy a Concordia Xpress - it's only £30,000 and will make you the best coffee you've ever had. And best to order Kopi Luwak beans...you should never skimp on good coffee 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There was a time when I decided that I wanted to be a coffee drinker. Don't ask me why ... So I bought a nespresso machine and *coughs* over 100 capsules... ( someone who never drank coffee mind you)

The only way I could drink it was with a ton of syrup, creamer and whatever else. But after I started getting these awful stomach aches. By cup 15 I realised it was the coffee. So now I'm back to tea drinking exclusively. Favourites being : Jasmine and Green Tea, Peppermint and Green Apple. 

Peeve : my own compulsiveness 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

If memory serves, those are the beans eaten and shat by serval-like creatures.

No, they need to be hand-picked from the seabed during monsoon season...

Actually, I just spend £2.50 on these 😉 I prefer tea anyway...

image.jpeg.b1985166bde1826605e0828e90869000.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tayt3rChip said:

So now I'm back to tea drinking exclusively. Favourites being : Jasmine and Green Tea, Peppermint and Green Apple. 

Peeve: I had a favorite Tea company that made and sold a delicious Green Tea, and the store stopped carrying it.  I finally found  out that the company was probably burned down in one of the California fires (this is a few years ago). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I was walking past one of my Alexa devices today, and its screen showed an article, "How to Make Tea".

What next? "How to Make Toast"?

No, no. "You've been making toast wrong your entire life".

2 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Of course! This is LUSH :P

That is not tea, that is an abomination!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I had a favorite Tea company that made and sold a delicious Green Tea, and the store stopped carrying it.  I finally found  out that the company was probably burned down in one of the California fires (this is a few years ago). 

It's always really sad when a product you know and love is no longer produced. Which reminds me..

Peeve: When a product you love is not loved enough to the point the producer no longer wants to produce it.. 

Peeve 2.0 : When a product you love starts to be  loved by absolutely everyone and their mama and your special exclusive product becomes everyones special not very exclusive product

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I was walking past one of my Alexa devices today, and its screen showed an article, "How to Make Tea".

What next? "How to Make Toast"?

Real headline from The Independent: "There are 24 million ways to make a cup of tea, experts find"

I'm not really interested enough to read it, though. Just found that to be amusing. Might be total fluff.

Peeve: Milk in tea. Man, I tried to like it, tried it a bunch of times, but I just don't get it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

"There are 24 million ways to make a cup of tea, experts find"

But only one put to essay by our Lord and Master, George Orwell.

https://www.orwellfoundation.com/the-orwell-foundation/orwell/essays-and-other-works/a-nice-cup-of-tea/

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Everybody knows it's not proper tea unless it's brewed with whale tears.

Suutei tsai is salted, so perhaps? Although I reckon there aren't a whole lot of whales in Mongolia .. 

• Like 2