39 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Richard Simmons and Dr. Ruth are 2 I read about today.

And Shelley Duvall on Thursday.

That one hurt. A LOT. I binged the hell out of Faerie Tale Theatre as a kid (not to mention Popeye).

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

And Shelley Duvall on Thursday.

That one hurt. A LOT. I binged the hell out of Faerie Tale Theatre as a kid (not to mention Popeye).

And "The Shining".

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Richard Simmons and Dr. Ruth are 2 I read about today.

I had to verify the death of Richard Simmons a few times.  He is definitely dead, but his last years were super weird.  He disappeared, and even closed his gym in LA.  People said he died, then they said he was being held against his will by family members who have custodianship of him.  Then, he made a video saying he's fine, but he just wants to retire and be a recluse right now.  Then, Pauly Shore tried to get some internet trolls to harass him into consenting to let Pauly Shore do a docudrama about him.  Then, I ran across a super weird YouTube channel that looks to me like it's full of AI generated videos impersonating Richard Simmons.  AI nerds on Reddit think it's real, though.  We will find out soon enough, if they keep posting videos.  This whole time, since he first disappeared and closed his gym a few years ago, clickbait tabloids all over the world keep telling people that Richard Simmons is dead, because people keep clicking it, so the AI article writers, and web scrapers keep repeating it.

14 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

And "The Shining".

Yep, though I loathe that movie (to be fair, I loathe most King adaptations). 

She made more of an impact on me with her children's show. I was a wee little one back then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yep, though I loathe that movie (to be fair, I loathe most King adaptations). 

She made more of an impact on me with her children's show. I was a wee little one back then.

I never saw her children's show, and I never read that particular book. I was probably in grade 11 at the time when I saw "the Shining" first run. Ugh, I'm old!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I never saw her children's show, and I never read that particular book. I was probably in grade 11 at the time when I saw "the Shining" first run. Ugh, I'm old!!!

You aren't old!

Definitely read it. King's books are so damn good (if you like horror and especially his style of it), but the movie adaptations usually leave a lot to be desired. From my understanding, even he didn't like the movie version.

Two books that translate very, very well IMO - Misery and Dolores Claiborne. 

Peeve: I still have to read Doctor Sleep and The Outsider. I'm slacking on reading these days.

Edit: And Faerie Tale Theatre episodes can be found on YouTube, woohoo! Lots of big stars in there - Pee Wee Herman, Robin Williams, Christopher Reeve, Matthew Broderick, Jean Stapleton, etc. 

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Fixing stuffs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You aren't old!

Definitely read it. King's books are so damn good (if you like horror and especially his style of it), but the movie adaptations usually leave a lot to be desired. From my understanding, even he didn't like the movie version.

Two books that translate very, very well IMO - Misery and Dolores Claiborne. 

Peeve: I still have to read Doctor Sleep and The Outsider. I'm slacking on reading these days.

Edit: And Faerie Tale Theatre episodes can be found on YouTube, woohoo! Lots of big stars in there - Pee Wee Herman, Robin Williams, Christopher Reeve, Matthew Broderick, Jean Stapleton, etc. 

I enjoyed his "Dark Tower" series. I've read many other books he wrote, but I've long forgotten them.  I enjoyed Lovecraft more though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I enjoyed his "Dark Tower" series. I've read many other books he wrote, but I've long forgotten them.  I enjoyed Lovecraft more though.

I can't enjoy Lovecraft. I have his complete works, but I never even cracked it open. 

I didn't read the Dark Tower series, actually. His sci-fi/fantasy slant didn't interest me much. Gimme them serrrrrriously dark, creepy horror books, lol. 

I want to re-read most of them again, actually. I just have to sit my butt down, make time, and do it.

Remember when we could finish entire books in a day or two? ME TOO. PEEVE!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

People shooting political rivals, not cool.

I seen that, That was so crazy. There is a hole in his ear, that's how close they came.

He was fist pumping the whole time they were pushing him to the car to get him out of there..

But they got the shooter before he got up I guess.

My heart is racing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I can't enjoy Lovecraft. I have his complete works, but I never even cracked it open. 

I didn't read the Dark Tower series, actually. His sci-fi/fantasy slant didn't interest me much. Gimme them serrrrrriously dark, creepy horror books, lol. 

I want to re-read most of them again, actually. I just have to sit my butt down, make time, and do it.

Remember when we could finish entire books in a day or two? ME TOO. PEEVE!

Some of the Lovecraft short stories are good. At least read "Shadow over Innsmouth", then go visit the Innsmouth sim. That story at least has minimal racism in it compared to many of his others.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Some of the Lovecraft short stories are good. At least read "Shadow over Innsmouth", then go visit the Innsmouth sim. That story at least has minimal racism in it compared to many of his others.

Nope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordyn McGregor said:
8 hours ago, Amata Karas said:

Pet peeve, when former roleplay partners who should stay gone don't. Not one, two this week. 

Rephrase - when former *anyone's* who should stay gone....don't!!!

Peeve: Ex's

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Nope.

But..but.."minimal racism!!"

IMG_9063.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But..but.."minimal racism!!"

IMG_9063.jpeg

Mmhmm. Better idea - I can choose a more interesting story without any and avoid subjecting myself to it at all. Win win! Though to be fair, it's not his writing I have issues with.

Annnnnyhoo, peeve: I need to make more time to read. Big downside to not having a commute - getting through books takes way longer.

• Like 1

Peeve

That LL has expended all this time and effort to give us half-assed shiny textures, when they more profitably could have used it to deliver swishy dresses and skirts that are better than flexi.

I'm calling sexism.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve

That LL has expended all this time and effort to give us half-assed shiny textures, when they more profitably could have used it to deliver swishy dresses and skirts that are better than flexi.

I'm calling sexism.

I wish, but that's soooooooo hard to do. Especially if you want to keep any semblance of good performance.

I've seen single-player games that struggled with it. The ones that got close had fairly high budgets.

There's a player-made mod for Assassin's Creed Unity that improves on their system. Peep this YouTube vid to see it, and if you want a slightly longer before (vanilla) and after (modded) comparison video, that's here. The movement is fantastic, but even with that, you can see the clipping when he walks. The Witcher 3's own physics look really, really nice, too.

I dunno if SL could manage something like that without a big ole overhaul. Just imagining the lag at a sales event with 60 avatars swishing makes me dizzy, lol.

Peeve: I agree with you though, but I want this for HAIR first!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I wish, but that's soooooooo hard to do. Especially if you want to keep any semblance of good performance.

I've seen single-player games that struggled with it. The ones that got close had fairly high budgets.

There's a player-made mod for Assassin's Creed Unity that improves on their system. Peep this YouTube vid to see it, and if you want a slightly longer before (vanilla) and after (modded) comparison video, that's here. The movement is fantastic, but even with that, you can see the clipping when he walks. The Witcher 3's own physics look really, really nice, too.

I dunno if SL could manage something like that without a big ole overhaul. Just imagining the lag at a sales event with 60 avatars swishing makes me dizzy, lol.

Peeve: I agree with you though, but I want this for HAIR first!

Yeah I know. Collision bones yada yada.

Still! 

And yes, swishy hair is up there too!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah I know. Collision bones yada yada.

Still! 

And yes, swishy hair is up there too!

All the swishies!!!!! 

I mean...if someone at LL wins lotto and really wants to make several thousand people very happy, then maybe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1