Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

It's impossible to pay her back money. 

She's certainly the nicest and most generous arsonist I know. 🧡 

She's an absolute sweetheart, and I love her to bits.

And one day she's going to drive me to homicide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/10/2024 at 4:52 PM, Modulated said:

Peeve: Had to bring my car in to the dealership for a very minor fix on a recall...I asked the service guy was he positive I would get it back today...was assured multiple times YES...called a few minutes ago " we haven't gotten it in yet."  It's 9 hours later with about an hour til close. 

giphy.gif

Pretty sure it's because most shops don't have the part on hand and rely on having it shipped from a parts seller that either is near enough to deliver it that day or overnight the part. Most likely, they usually have a fast turnaround to get <part> perhaps this time, an available part wasn't near enough to get it there in time. Of course they shouldn't have set up your expectations and given you the worst case scenario instead.

But be glad it wasn't like the horror story i just read on my feed. A woman bought one of those buy here, pay here cars and got an extended warranty (for about $1K on top of the vehicle cost). Well 5 months into her having the car (and making all payments) the transmission failed. No problem, under warranty, right? Took it to the dealership to fix it.. 10 days later, they hadn't heard from them, so they stopped in to find out the progress. The dealership had sold the car out from under them. The infuriating thing is it's still registered to her and she's gotten a warning from the state that her car doesn't have insurance and she could face a fine.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

She's an absolute sweetheart, and I love her to bits.

And one day she's going to drive me to homicide.

Could be worse, she might stick a collar on you and give you to me as a Rez Day gift...

Bwahahahahahahha!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Pretty sure it's because most shops don't have the part on hand and rely on having it shipped from a parts seller that either is near enough to deliver it that day or overnight the part. Most likely, they usually have a fast turnaround to get <part> perhaps this time, an available part wasn't near enough to get it there in time. Of course they shouldn't have set up your expectations and given you the worst case scenario instead.

But be glad it wasn't like the horror story i just read on my feed. A woman bought one of those buy here, pay here cars and got an extended warranty (for about $1K on top of the vehicle cost). Well 5 months into her having the car (and making all payments) the transmission failed. No problem, under warranty, right? Took it to the dealership to fix it.. 10 days later, they hadn't heard from them, so they stopped in to find out the progress. The dealership had sold the car out from under them. The infuriating thing is it's still registered to her and she's gotten a warning from the state that her car doesn't have insurance and she could face a fine.

That is absolutely crazy. They did get finished with the car, about 3 pm yesterday lol. I didn't lose my composure but I did voice my concern on why it took so long after they claimed it wouldn't. I got 3 free oil changes for the trouble. 

When you don't have your car in a non big city kinda place, you feel like a second class citizen , or I do.  I guess that's an American thing, not sure.  But it's all fixed now so I can complain about something else. haaa

• Like 2

Slight Peeve: i don't mean to call out a particular segment of the SL community, but I personally dislike how the whole bondage thing has crept into regular events. Like I get it, people are into that and I am not judging that directly, but why does all that need to be in regular events?  Seems like a great opportunity for event(s) that are primarily focused on that particular thing.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

Seems like a great opportunity for event(s) that are primarily focused on that particular thing.

You mean like the Fetish Fairs, that are almost invariably on M rated sims and about 90% non fetish designers and items, or the Kinky events that are 90% not kinky at all.

Events are run by people who want maximum stall holders paying maximum fees, so they generally don't seem that picky about who and what is included.

It is what it is.

• Like 1

Peeve: I dreamed last night that I was saving my scripts to old style 5.25" floppy disks, and had read errors trying to read the disks.

Imagine my relief, when I woke up and eventually remembered that not only do I backup my previous script versions in inventory, but also save them outside Second life in the cloud.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you make a purile joke, and your partner responds by passing gas on demand.

AKA "Peter Pun and Windy".

This is the next step. It's a slippery slope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve: Gross people.

So, I'm on my sky platform, 1800m above my public parcel, trying on different swimsuits and poses for a pic. And I get an IM from a guy who my mini map informs me is on the ground level on a neighbouring parcel:

[20:04] [Gross Person]: Sooo pretty ...nice pic:)
[20:05] Scylla Rhiadra: Sorry, what is?
[20:06] [Gross Person]: Y.O.U
[20:06] [Gross Person]: smiles

At this point, the "smiles" has me cringing, and any hope that the "pretty pic" he was talking about was the one in my profile vanishes when I asked him if that was the "pic" he was referring to, and he replied "Yes that too."

And of course, he went silent and disappeared when I pressed him on this.

So I'm now assuming that I've been visited by a virtual peeping Tom, who has possibly taken a snap of me naked or half naked on a pose stand.

I've got quasi-public pics of me nude or semi-nude here and on Flickr, so it's not so much that I care about being seen without clothes on.

It's more that feeling that I need a shower after contact with someone so utterly icky.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I find ^^^that^^^ peevy.  I always hear people saying "smiles" instead of picturing them doing it - as in when they actually use the "/me".  It makes me twitchy!!!

Anyhoo, my peeve for the moment - Everyone LOOOVES a freebie/gift etc....but its damn annoying when stores use the SAME freebie/gift over and over and you already got that "gift" two years ago!!!  It's the thought that counts (and I, and my alts, do thank you) - but come on!  Please update your gifts!!!

• Like 2

Peeve: Suspecting which is worse,  

[Person]: smiles 

or

[Person]: /me smiles at you and waves

One is obviously a monster, and IYKYK!

ETA: Oops, Jordyn explained it pretty well.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

One is obviously a monster

It's the ones who, instead of:

/me smiles

Go to the trouble of typing:

*smiles*

Then complain that people who use /me "don't know how to RP properly".

THOSE are the monsters.

I totally agree.  "*smiles*" is worse than just "smiles".

It shows presumably willful ignorance IMO!

image.jpeg.3dc94a9cd7b1e35fee500405e459018f.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I'm on my sky platform, 1800m above my public parcel, trying on different swimsuits and poses for a pic. And I get an IM from a guy who my mini map informs me is on the ground level on a neighbouring parcel:

At this point, the "smiles" has me cringing, and any hope that the "pretty pic" he was talking about was the one in my profile vanishes when I asked him if that was the "pic" he was referring to, and he replied "Yes that too."

So I'm now assuming that I've been visited by a virtual peeping Tom, who has possibly taken a snap of me naked or half naked on a pose stand.

I've got quasi-public pics of me nude or semi-nude here and on Flickr, so it's not so much that I care about being seen without clothes on.

It's more that feeling that I need a shower after contact with someone so utterly icky.

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Sorry to hear you had to deal with such a creepy asshat, Scylla.

I remember back in 2015 when I was still learning Second Life, a friend of mine got an IM from someone who'd been camming them from a neighbouring parcel while she was on a dance pole... needless to say, the privacy settings for our parcel got locked down after that incident, and it's something I do on any parcel I've owned or rented since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Sorry to hear you had to deal with such a creepy asshat, Scylla.

I remember back in 2015 when I was still learning Second Life, a friend of mine got an IM from someone who'd been camming them from a neighbouring parcel while she was on a dance pole... needless to say, the privacy settings for our parcel got locked down after that incident, and it's something I do on any parcel I've owned or rented since.

Thanks Spiffy! I'll survive!

I think in some ways the ickiest part of it is not so much being perved, as his apparent compulsion to make sure that I knew I'd been perved. Possibly, I suppose, he hoped that I might respond with something like "If you like what you see, come up for a closer look" . . . but I suspect part of it is also about exerting power -- "I've seen you naked, and that makes you in some sense vulnerable, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Your friend's experience is probably not an uncommon one. Unfortunately, parts of my parcel (the ground level, and the gallery) are public, and there's no way to restrict views into my sky platform. (And I get even less privacy in my little apartment in Voroznia.)

Oh well. Learning to deal with creepy people is part of adulting, I guess. They aren't going to just go away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks Spiffy! I'll survive!

I think in some ways the ickiest part of it is not so much being perved, as his apparent compulsion to make sure that I knew I'd been perved. Possibly, I suppose, he hoped that I might respond with something like "If you like what you see, come up for a closer look" . . . but I suspect part of it is also about exerting power -- "I've seen you naked, and that makes you in some sense vulnerable, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Your friend's experience is probably not an uncommon one. Unfortunately, parts of my parcel (the ground level, and the gallery) are public, and there's no way to restrict views into my sky platform. (And I get even less privacy in my little apartment in Voroznia.)

Oh well. Learning to deal with creepy people is part of adulting, I guess. They aren't going to just go away.

Peeve: All of a sudden, "creepy roleplay" sounds like a fun idea. A good laugh between friends.

Now, I'm hearing that roleplay in the voice of Tommy Wiseau from "The Room".

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

I find ^^^that^^^ peevy.  I always hear people saying "smiles" instead of picturing them doing it - as in when they actually use the "/me".  It makes me twitchy!!!

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Suspecting which is worse,  

[Person]: smiles 

or

[Person]: /me smiles at you and waves

One is obviously a monster, and IYKYK!

ETA: Oops, Jordyn explained it pretty well.

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's the ones who, instead of:

/me smiles

Go to the trouble of typing:

*smiles*

Then complain that people who use /me "don't know how to RP properly".

THOSE are the monsters.

I don't RP, and I pretty rarely emote (although I do occasionally, of course, use "/me" in chat and conversations) so it's less the format than . . . I don't know, I just find the idea of describing yourself as "smiling" weirdly creepy and off-putting?

Which is odd, because I like smiles!

Usually . . .

Disaster_Girl.jpg

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: All of a sudden, "creepy roleplay" sounds like a fun idea. A good laugh between friends.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Peeve: See how much fun that was!!! You probably got goosebumps, a frisson, and slight nausea (or at least 1 out of 3)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: See how much fun that was!!! You probably got goosebumps, a frisson, and slight nausea (or at least 1 out of 3)!

/me did NOT have fun! 😡

Peeve:  Not knowing someone's tolerance for cheesy cringe!  (Think: Mae West, but modern sensibilities.)

• Like 1