1 hour ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Peeve: People complaining about a SL place they never went to, & have no intention of going to, why waste your energy.

Maybe but people can form opinions as to whether the place serves its intended purpose.

Being quoted in such a way is really obviously someone chippin' the shoulder at me.

Peeve: People chippin' the shoulder at me, possibly for mentioning that this forum isn't supposed to be Facebutt.

But, as I always say, it's okay to be different. It's even okay to be misunderstood.

Nobody has to be nice to other people. It's the internet, after all.

Bonus Peeve: People proving me right, over and over again, but only when it's something poopy about human nature that I was right about.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Being quoted in such a way is really obviously someone chippin' the shoulder at me.

Someone said something like.....never attribute malice to what is likely sheer stupidity..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Someone said something like.....never attribute malice to what is likely sheer stupidity..

Yeah, but most people would rather be seen as having an off day than being stupid.

I figure at least grant that much courtesy to them. Even if it's not returned, I'm still going to at least try.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Yeah, but most people would rather be seen as having an off day than being stupid.

I figure at least grant that much courtesy to them. Even if it's not returned, I'm still going to at least try.

I'm not sure where the line is between "having a bad day" and "sheer stupidity"....I  only know there's a road that goes there...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm not sure where the line is between "having a bad day" and "sheer stupidity"....I  only know there's a road that goes there...

I prefer a loose, flowy stupidity. Anything too sheer and my nipples poke through.

AWKwarrrrd~!

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Peeve: I had a great day! I feel bad for anyone who didn't. I guess some people probably think that's stupid!

Each to their own, you know?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I've been stuck in a "mental block" with the next phase of my LSL parser; attempting to get around making it a "multi-pass" system by generating a list of "header definitions" during Tokenization, for early evaluation of UDF and State declarations.

Today I hope to make incremental progress!!

Did it!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did it!

Was it the incremental progress thing, or completely overcoming the block, or both?

Either way, congrats~!

You'll be sure to send me a copy of the completed code, so I can proofread it for you, right?

>->

<-<

Totally not trying to get a free copy or anything.

My only intent... is to help...

>->

<-<

• Haha 3

Peeve: Taking forever to complete a project because I have to actually make it look good, and that takes hard work sometimes.

It's just a big pile of ivy, with some smaller piles of ivy, with some streamers of ivy connecting them.

It's just some flops of mesh, hardly even a couple dozen triangles.

But painting the damned IVY... Leaf. By. Leaf. Sucks.

Making custom brushes only helps so much, because I don't want a pile of repeating patterns that look like someone used a brush. I want it to look like ivy.

Sigh.

*makes more coffee*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Peeve: I had a great day! I feel bad for anyone who didn't. I guess some people probably think that's stupid!

Each to their own, you know?

I is not connecting the dots here...

40 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Peeve: Taking forever to complete a project because I have to actually make it look good, and that takes hard work sometimes.

It's just a big pile of ivy, with some smaller piles of ivy, with some streamers of ivy connecting them.

It's just some flops of mesh, hardly even a couple dozen triangles.

But painting the damned IVY... Leaf. By. Leaf. Sucks.

Making custom brushes only helps so much, because I don't want a pile of repeating patterns that look like someone used a brush. I want it to look like ivy.

Sigh.

*makes more coffee*

artists are underappreciated for sure!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  Projection

projection.jpg

The question is, is it truly possible to avoid projection? It might occur even if we don't want it to.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

The question is, is it truly possible to avoid projection? It might occur even if we don't want it to.

I think perhaps a lot of projection is usually the result of trying to interpret the intention of others.  If we let go of trying to understand the intention of others I do believe there is less projection occurring.  Being that we are prone to trying to gather the intention of others around us as a survival mechanism, it is difficult to do.

It is doable though, I mean no matter what our own views will be biased, our own interpretation of others will be formed in our own head, so there will always be some level of projection involved.  What I think is important, is just acknowledging that we are inherently flawed, not omniscient and despite what many of us think, often wrong (besides me, I am never wrong!).  

mousecat.thumb.jpg.fa410443ac3a958088ac5f3957e0a9db.jpg

Here for evidence, we can see projection occurring.  The mouse is clearly upset with the cat, because the mouse believes the cat is after his cheese...  Meanwhile, the cat is just tripping balls from the catnip she had taken earlier, and is pondering the meaning of life.

Okay, enough of my nonsensical pseudo thoughts, with absolutely no basis in reality but formed almost entirely out of boredom 🙃

Designer(6).thumb.png.ad1ad0300fe80debe2134dcec326c512.png

I'll instead opt to put them on their own boats 🙃 (sorry, I had an extra picture I had to do something with)

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I think perhaps a lot of projection is usually the result of trying to interpret the intention of others.  If we let go of trying to understand the intention of others I do believe there is less projection occurring.  Being that we are prone to trying to gather the intention of others around us as a survival mechanism, it is difficult to do.

It is doable though, I mean no matter what our own views will be biased, our own interpretation of others will be formed in our own head, so there will always be some level of projection involved.  What I think is important, is just acknowledging that we are inherently flawed, not omniscient and despite what many of us think, often wrong (besides me, I am never wrong!).  

mousecat.thumb.jpg.fa410443ac3a958088ac5f3957e0a9db.jpg

Here for evidence, we can see projection occurring.  The mouse is clearly upset with the cat, because the mouse believes the cat is after his cheese...  Meanwhile, the cat is just tripping balls from the catnip she had taken earlier, and is pondering the meaning of life.

Okay, enough of my nonsensical pseudo thoughts, with absolutely no basis in reality but formed almost entirely out of boredom 🙃

Designer(6).thumb.png.ad1ad0300fe80debe2134dcec326c512.png

I'll instead opt to put them on their own boats 🙃 (sorry, I had an extra picture I had to do something with)

You elaborated on exactly what I meant. Or am I projecting?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  Projection

projection.jpg

Expand  

I believe some people live almost totally in the present moment and so past conceptualizations don't affect them....but this is very, very rare.

The remainder of us without pure Buddha-consciousness can work to be aware of the projections yet not let them determine our behavior as much as possible -- that's the goal -- register the projection, know it's not reality, and so don't act on it.

It really bugs me when people think their projection about me, their theory, is absolutely true...and act on it when relating to me.

Edited by Luna Bliss

27 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I believe some people live almost totally in the present moment and so past conceptualizations don't affect them....but this is very, very rare.

The remainder of us without pure Buddha-consciousness can work to be aware of the projections yet not let them determine our behavior as much as possible -- that's the goal -- register the projection, know it's not reality, and so don't act on it.

It really bugs me when people think their projection about me, their theory, is absolutely true...and act on it when relating to me.

Projection though, isn't about about what we think of another person, but projecting our own feelings or thoughts onto them, usually unacceptable ones.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/basics/projection

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Projection though, isn't about about what we think of another person, but projecting our own feelings or thoughts onto them.

We're using our own thoughts and feelings (the conceptualizations we formed in the past) to determine what we think of another person.

So when they think their theory about me is true (as I mentioned above) it's due to projection.

https://elisabettafranzoso.com/articles/relationships-projections

Edited by Luna Bliss

17 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Peeve: what's the point of having a SL forum if everyone is too scared to talk about ANYTHING 🤐

Well.... LL is who dictated that we can only talk about SL stuff.  They do give us a little bit of a pass in this thread because of its age, but we still have to be careful.

• Like 3