47 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Oh yeah no comment on the site, just if they've found a way to auto-open a website that is a giant security vulnerability LL should be aware of.

I'm curious, is there a way to tall what is doing it, like is there a way to see scripts for a whole sim?

The strange thing is It hit me down on the ground and also hit me at 4,015 meters in the air.. I mean unless they have another up there also..

52 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

if they've found a way to auto-open a website that is a giant security vulnerability LL should be aware of.

This would be really useful for scripts that use websites instead of "website on a prim". My current project makes me click a link to get the prim's "local website". So, there are non-nefarious uses. (I could make the website "on the prim", it's just more work to make it look right.)

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I rarely find that religiously keeping up with events is worth my while. I've got gfs on Discord who do, however, and they are very good at alerting me to items of interest. The number of times I have found something really exciting at an event though is small enough that I can remember specific items (like that Silvery K boho dress I got at the Vintage Fair . . .). On the other hand, I did make the mistake of perusing C88 a day or two ago, and . . . I could be in trouble.

Girrrrrrrrrl, Silvery K is da bomb. If you like the vintage/boho stuff, definitely look at the Steampunk. SO GOOD. Gorgeous kimonos, too. I'm a lil peeved that I didn't have much motivation to check out Black Friday sales, because that's one store I could easily go ham in.

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

God, you're so ambitious!

I may or may not be a bit obsessed with character design. 😂 Long before I found SL, I would sit for hours and hours daily coming up with cool characters and writing out stories around them. And we won't talk about the hours spent in character creators in every game I touched, lol. When I found SL, I realized whoa, I could actually make my own unique characters AND play with them without having to actually learn 3D?! Sign me up! Been doing this ever since (though mesh kind of blew my mind and that's where the hobby really took off, because now I could have whole new swappable heads with full expressions and things, which made everything so much easier). 

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I just picked up LeLutka Avalon. I avoided it for a long time (I have, I guess, about 6 LeLu female heads?) because, well . . . everyone uses Avalon, and you know that I am not "everyone"!

Except that of course 90% of EvoX skins seem to be made for it. What's more, I did play with it for an hour or so a week ago, and I have to grudgingly admit it's pretty darned good.

Yeah, I typically don't do too much styling with Lel's female head line (I've peeved about that before but long story short, they aren't flexible enough for me, slider wise), so I can't even remember if I ever demoed Avalon. I remember really, really liking Zora, but I had the same reservations about that one. Yet, the male heads are very flexible and I wear those often. Go figure.

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have heard, I think, that there will be a new "12 days of Christmas" thing to accompany the new free LeLutka head.

Peeve. I still haven't unpacked from the last one, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Girrrrrrrrrl, Silvery K is da bomb. If you like the vintage/boho stuff, definitely look at the Steampunk. SO GOOD. Gorgeous kimonos, too. I'm a lil peeved that I didn't have much motivation to check out Black Friday sales, because that's one store I could easily go ham in.

Well, I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for a nice kimono! And while I don't do Steampunk much, as such, I do do some Victorian . . . (and even more so Edwardian. God, Edwardian fashion is to die for!).

I don't think I've given their line a really thorough look. I will do so!

PEEVE: Why isn't there more Edwardian clothing out there????

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I may or may not be a bit obsessed with character design. 😂 Long before I found SL, I would sit for hours and hours daily coming up with cool characters and writing out stories around them. And we won't talk about the hours spent in character creators in every game I touched, lol. When I found SL, I realized whoa, I could actually make my own unique characters AND play with them without having to actually learn 3D?! Sign me up! Been doing this ever since (though mesh kind of blew my mind and that's where the hobby really took off, because now I could have whole new swappable heads with full expressions and things, which made everything so much easier). 

I just create alts for photos, mostly. But, when I have time to do so, I DO have a fair amount of fun doing that. On the whole, though, customizing my avi I tend to sort of dread . . . probably because I spend literally weeks tweaking. It's exhausting.

On the other hand, putting together outfits? One of my regular Sunday pleasures is putting together new outfits from things I've purchased at the sales. Generally, there is at least on Valentina e. outfit in there, often a Fashionably Dead, and sometimes a new jacket from Meva or dress from Just Because. Oh, and I'm increasingly impressed by True Damage.

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah, I typically don't do too much styling with Lel's female head line (I've peeved about that before but long story short, they aren't flexible enough for me, slider wise), so I can't even remember if I ever demoed Avalon. I remember really, really liking Zora, but I had the same reservations about that one. Yet, the male heads are very flexible and I wear those often. Go figure.

I've really struggled with them. Which is actually WHY I have about 6 -- well, now 7 I suppose of them: I keep getting new ones, thinking "This is the one!" One of the things I'm liking about Avalon is that it's hard not to make it look nice.

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve. I still haven't unpacked from the last one, LOL.

I have a couple I've unpacked, but not really done anything with yet.

*sigh*

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This would be really useful for scripts that use websites instead of "website on a prim". My current project makes me click a link to get the prim's "local website". So, there are non-nefarious uses. (I could make the website "on the prim", it's just more work to make it look right.)

I was kind of stupid when it worked on me, because I allowed the music stream in my filter, which has became a bad habit of mine..

It probably wouldn't have  sent me there if I didn't click allow.. it was late and I was tired..

hehehe

I don't think there is anything nefarious with the couple next door because they are both older users.. But am really curious what they are using that caused that.

I would love to find a way to know what it is.. I tried seeing scripts but nothing shows up on the about land.. I probably can't get that info I'm guessing?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was kind of stupid when it worked on me, because I allowed the music stream in my filter, which has became a bad habit of mine..

It probably wouldn't have  sent me there if I didn't click allow.. it was late and I was tired..

hehehe

I don't think there is anything nefarious with the couple next door because they are both older users.. But am really curious what they are using that caused that.

I would love to find a way to know what it is.. I tried seeing scripts but nothing shows up on the about land.. I probably can't get that info I'm guessing?

One sort of potential issue with the media thing, these days, maybe . . .

I think most of us, especially those of us around during RZ, generally disable autoplay for stream and media.

Except that for those of us who use Legacy, you can't do that for media, or one of the tabs on the HUD won't work. (Yes, it's a stupid system.) I wonder how many Legacy users have media autoplay enabled now?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for a nice kimono! And while I don't do Steampunk much, as such, I do do some Victorian . . . (and even more so Edwardian. God, Edwardian fashion is to die for!).

I don't think I've given their line a really thorough look. I will do so!

PEEVE: Why isn't there more Edwardian clothing out there????

Answer to the peeve: Not enough people with tastes like ours out there with the motivation to learn 3D and create it. Same reason why I had a close friend who lost patience waiting for someone to design interesting RL Victorian fashion in fun, modern materials and took it upon herself to sew a pinstripe bustle skirt to go clubbing in. It slayyyyed. If we don't do it ourselves, who will, really?

But here's Silvery K's Flickr - get thee to the mainstore.

34 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I just create alts for photos, mostly. But, when I have time to do so, I DO have a fair amount of fun doing that. On the whole, though, customizing my avi I tend to sort of dread . . . probably because I spend literally weeks tweaking. It's exhausting.

On the other hand, putting together outfits? One of my regular Sunday pleasures is putting together new outfits from things I've purchased at the sales. Generally, there is at least on Valentina e. outfit in there, often a Fashionably Dead, and sometimes a new jacket from Meva or dress from Just Because. Oh, and I'm increasingly impressed by True Damage.

Yup, customization can take months, sometimes. I'll just put together a starter look and then shop it gradually until I get enough pieces collected to really go nuts. That's usually when I'll take the photos. Oh and speaking of photos - Synnergy's got an advent calendar up. Peeve - I forgot they had a calendar up and I've missed so many days already. No idea if I can get them for free or not now...

Edit: Yes, you can get all of the back gifts at Synnergy for free. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If you are talking snapshots, they are 24 bit, not 8 bit, and no other viewers do not, as far as I am aware take 48 bit snapshots. The banding isn't caused by the bit depth anyway, you are probably saving in the wrong file format, something rubbishy like jpg with the default 80/20 quality/compression ratio.

Try saving as PNG.

Yes, the images ARE 24 bit. That means 8 bits/channel. 8 Bits per channel means 8R 8G 8B (8x3) = 24 bits. Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant per channel, and not the bit depth of the image itself as such. 8 bit would only give 256 colours total to an image. 48 bit images are 16 bits/channel.

I have never used anything OTHER than PNG to save my images (usually at 2048x1127). The compression with PNG is lossless, so yes, it IS the bits/channel that is causing the banding.

Edited by Bagnu

This may have been mentioned already, but with respect to events, what really pisses me off is A) I see something I want that someone is wearing or it's rezzed somewhere. B) I go the store, do an area search. It's not there. OK, it's likely it's an event. C) I do to the store's entrance and there is a huge wall of logos of all the events they participate in, but no placards showing what products they have at what events. WTH. Just strikes me as dumb, particularly when plenty of other stores have a placard and even a landmark for you when you click on it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya the tree came today.. The head, if they have one will probably show up around the 20th..

They had such a beautiful letter that came with the tree too. :)

PSA

"As per tradition, Lelutka is offering one female and one male head as a gift from today until the 21st of December. After this date, the heads will return to their regular pricing. To access these special gifts, please ensure that you are wearing your LeLutka group tag, as this will enable you to teleport to the designated gift regions and claim your presents."

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

so yes, it IS the bits/channel that is causing the banding.

No, it really isn't, if you are getting banding, it's NOT the bit depth at fault, I do screenshots all the time, usually at either 3072 x 3072, or 2048 x 3072 PNG, and I'm not getting "banding".

Have you updated viewers to one of the PBR ones, or switched to a different viewer, or changed any settings??

It's NOT the 24 bit colour depth.

Edit: I found part of your problem.

You're reading an article about PRINTING pictures on PAPER., written by somebody who isn't too bright when it comes to computers. 

For that you'll want much higher resolutions anyway, minimum of 3k x 3k for a 600 dpi, 5 inch square pic, 

Also, that article isn't very good. The idea that you can improve the quality of an image by adding blur/noise, is, well, insane, as a solution to banding when converting 48 bit RAW files to 24 bit Truecolour.

The author even mentions saving images as JPG'! Who would do that for "high quality printed images"?

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, it really isn't, if you are getting banding, it's NOT the bit depth at fault, I do screenshots all the time, usually at either 3072 x 3072, or 2048 x 3072 PNG, and I'm not getting "banding".

Have you updated viewers to one of the PBR ones, or switched to a different viewer, or changed any settings??

Look up banding, please. I posted an article on it.  There is no way of NOT getting any banding with digital photography. It might not be visible unless at %100 zoom, but it IS always there with gradients, unless dithered. The larger the image, the less visible it will be. The only way of eliminating it is by having infinite bit depth. Which takes us back to analog photography.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

PSA

"As per tradition, Lelutka is offering one female and one male head as a gift from today until the 21st of December. After this date, the heads will return to their regular pricing. To access these special gifts, please ensure that you are wearing your LeLutka group tag, as this will enable you to teleport to the designated gift regions and claim your presents."

Ya, I looked on the map before and see they had the  extra sims out there already.. I remembered the note saying noon and it wasn't noon yet..

What was funny was, I had the map open  a little bit ago and see those sims go from empty to like 70 avatars on each, instantly..

I was laughing picturing in my head this stack of avatars meters and meters high, showing up at the same time.. hehehe

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

PSA

AHHHHH!!!!!! Did you see Kris? Omg. Omg. Peeve...I'm BACK, baby!

At least for today, anyway. That boy needs stylin' immediately.

Aw crap, peeve: I haven't bought Lindens in a minute. Guess I gotta do that, too. *grumbles at empty wallet*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I made this gradient in photoshop. It's a 48 bit PNG image. 16 bits/channel. 2550x3300. The first one looks nice and smooth. The second one is an extreme zoom of the same image, and shows the actual banding that occurs. Whether we can perceive it or not, the banding IS there. I increased contrast on the third image, to make it more visible.

Gradient original.png

Banding.png

Banding increased contrast.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I looked on the map before and see they had the  extra sims out there already.. I remembered the note saying noon and it wasn't noon yet..

What was funny was, I had the map open  a little bit ago and see those sims go from empty to like 70 avatars on each, instantly..

I was laughing picturing in my head this stack of avatars meters and meters high, showing up at the same time.. hehehe

Yeah, friend of mine was amongst the first 20 to get in, had inventory problems, had to relog . . . and of course is now going to have to wait with the rest of us proles.

24 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

AHHHHH!!!!!! Did you see Kris? Omg. Omg. Peeve...I'm BACK, baby!

At least for today, anyway. That boy needs stylin' immediately.

Aw crap, peeve: I haven't bought Lindens in a minute. Guess I gotta do that, too. *grumbles at empty wallet*

I haven't been in yet. I might try tonight, but I suspect it would be fruitless to attempt it now.

It's these little moments of excitement that keep us going!

(And the occasional infusion of new L$)

• Like 4