3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Don't color me surprised.

Peeve: Why are we keeping up with this?
Are we that addicted to this place?

I need a 12 step program.  I just have to find a higher power

🤔hmmmm.

I choose McNuggets to be my higher power 

giphy.gif

Through the oily gewdness, I will overcome this forum.  Barbeque sauce is also necessary.  I will need a sponsor though, to keep me from this site.  Then I will need another 12 step program to get over my McNugget addiction.  This sounds like too much work, I think I'll just have some McNuggets while keeping my forum addiction alive.

And hey, I will always have my AI chatbots to talk about zombies with.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I need a 12 step program.  I just have to find a higher power

🤔hmmmm.

I choose McNuggets to be my higher power 

giphy.gif

Through the oily gewdness, I will overcome this forum.  Barbeque sauce is also necessary.  I will need a sponsor though, to keep me from this site.  Then I will need another 12 step program to get over my McNugget addiction.  This sounds like too much work, I think I'll just have some McNuggets while keeping my forum addiction alive.

And hey, I will always have my AI chatbots to talk about zombies with.  

That's fine.

I was worried you'd choose meat.

😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's fine.

I was worried you'd choose meat.

😏

Only the finest of stuff for this temple, pink slime harvested from the ground, shaped into the form of nuggies, and breaded, they are glorious!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: You've inspired me to eat some MorningStar Farms vegetarian nuggets. 

I really liked the gardein tendies, they were yummy

Gardein-Seven-Grain-Crispy-Tenders-9-Oun

I also liked their fish stick thingies, with a touch of lemon on them.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm craving a rare steak right now.

It is so expensive now though.

Perhaps some Satan  Seitan steak

bwqhthk2eyr11(1).thumb.jpg.f4a9f152bebc0419cf66000435a4886f.jpg

Mmmm gluten!  chewy gewdness!  I could probably layer it, so that the inside is red.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Don't ask ME to dictate your kink.

When it comes to thigh high boots, only one woman I know can rock them. Oops...sorry Cinny, those are pants. Same applies though.Ciinamonreclining.thumb.png.d6a181de17a967b3181fce95fbdeef17.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Istelathis said:

It is so expensive now though.

Perhaps some Satan  Seitan steak

bwqhthk2eyr11(1).thumb.jpg.f4a9f152bebc0419cf66000435a4886f.jpg

Mmmm gluten!  chewy gewdness!  I could probably layer it, so that the inside is red.

Yup, Seitan is "wheat gluten". It is the main exception to most "meat substitutes" which are soy based. Seitan generally has a better mouth feel / chewiness with less processing, more common in Asian foods. Most Americans have not heard of Seitan. You can make it yourself by washing the  gluten out of flour and/or using "vital wheat gluten".

Thus endeth the lesson!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As a vegetarian and part-time vegan, I beg to differ. Had some awesome vegan "duck" the other day

My BIGGEST peeve with Vegan food, is the way they flagrantly break Trading Standards and Consumer Rights legislation.

Laws here state for example that "Vegan Duck", if it's not at least partly made from ducks, cannot legally be called "duck", the best you can do is call it "Duck Flavour Vegetable Protein".

And the peeve:

"Vegan Burgers", check the ingredients, blatant mis-labelling, they don't contain ANY Vegan at all.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Is that what it is, is  the food has to be cruelty free for vegans?

No, they are quite happy if the food is cruel to actual humans, just not to animals.

Strict Vegans go further.

You'll see them bitterly complain that you wear a leather belt, made from a renewable resource, grown locally, and demand you switch to a vegan approved substitute, made from non-replaceable fossil fuels, from the other side of the planet, by exploited 3rd world human labour.

Then there's the nutritional deficiency response.

Their all lentil based diet leaves them suffering from jaundice, so they take a vegan approved supplement.

"No Veganism isn't unhealthy, just a single 4 oz portion of Wuk-Wuk Fruit, every day supplies all the missing nutrients you need, and it's not THAT expensive.

I mean sure, it's $50 a pound, because it only grows on a single pacific island, ruled by an oppressive military junta, that's fighting a civil war against the peasants due to trying to bulldoze the farmers fields used to grow actual food for locals, to make room for more Wuk-Wuk fruit plantations to meet demand from middle class Americans.

But hey, at least no ANIMALS are suffering, so it's all good, right?"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, they are quite happy if the food is cruel to actual humans, just not to animals.

Strict Vegans go further.

You'll see them bitterly complain that you wear a leather belt, made from a renewable resource, grown locally, and demand you switch to a vegan approved substitute, made from non-replaceable fossil fuels, from the other side of the planet, by exploited 3rd world human labour.

Then there's the nutritional deficiency response.

Their all lentil based diet leaves them suffering from jaundice, so they take a vegan approved supplement.

"No Veganism isn't unhealthy, just a single 4 oz portion of Wuk-Wuk Fruit, every day supplies all the missing nutrients you need, and it's not THAT expensive.

I mean sure, it's $50 a pound, because it only grows on a single pacific island, ruled by an oppressive military junta, that's fighting a civil war against the peasants due to trying to bulldoze the farmers fields used to grow actual food for locals, to make room for more Wuk-Wuk fruit plantations to meet demand from middle class Americans.

But hey, at least no ANIMALS are suffering, so it's all good, right?"

Well that put an eye opening spin on things to think about.. Thank you.

I'm not considering becoming one, just curious about them is all because I really don't know much about them..

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Well that put an eye opening spin on things to think about.. Thank you.

I'm not considering becoming one, just curious about them is all because I really don't know much about them..

I remember coming across a "vegans vs people who like food" thread on another forum someplace.

The vegans suggested that the UK should abolish beef and dairy products, and convert all the "wasteful cow pastures to efficient soya fields", so the food lovers asked "what happens to all the cows, when you evict them from their pastures?".

The vegans replied "we can ship them to India, cows are sacred there". The food lovers then pointed out there were 11 million cows in the UK, and that shipping cows in livestock containers to India in bulk, means going by ship which takes a few months, and that anti-cruelty laws forbid locking cows in containers for that long, and when released in India, the cows would eat crops on which Hindu peasants depend for food.

At that point, the vegans stopped replying to the thread.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I remember coming across a "vegans vs people who like food" thread on another forum someplace.

The vegans suggested that the UK should abolish beef and dairy products, and convert all the "wasteful cow pastures to efficient soya fields", so the food lovers asked "what happens to all the cows, when you evict them from their pastures?".

The vegans replied "we can ship them to India, cows are sacred there". The food lovers then pointed out there were 11 million cows in the UK, and that shipping cows in livestock containers to India in bulk, means going by ship which takes a few months, and that anti-cruelty laws forbid locking cows in containers for that long, and when released in India, the cows would eat crops on which Hindu peasants depend for food.

At that point, the vegans stopped replying to the thread.

So it's more a movement than anything?

Kind of like Peta?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So it's more a movement than anything?

Kind of like Peta?

Peeve: Both you and Zal are joking. 🙂

In India, cow's aren't just worshipped - their milk is USED for food, for example "ghee" (clarified butter) is used both for cooking and for offerings (lamps for shrines, etc.). So, veganism does not apply to cows in India. The "cheese" used in "paneer" in India is made from Milk. 

SOME Jains (Jainism vs. Hinduism) are vegan, but not all. Most Hindus are not vegan. India being India (and not Pakistan), I cannot speak for Muslims in India.

Veganism may be considered a "fad diet" in some parts of the world (like the Keto diet but for different reasons), but it is more a "real diet" than a "movement".  (Google is smarter than your average bear on this stuff, if you get curious.)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Both you and Zal are joking. 🙂

In India, cow's aren't just worshipped - their milk is USED for food, for example "ghee" (clarified butter) is used both for cooking and for offerings (lamps for shrines, etc.). So, veganism does not apply to cows in India. The "cheese" used in "paneer" in India is made from Milk. 

SOME Jains (Jainism vs. Hinduism) are vegan, but not all. Most Hindus are not vegan. India being India (and not Pakistan), I cannot speak for Muslims in India.

Veganism may be considered a "fad diet" in some parts of the world (like the Keto diet but for different reasons), but it is more a "real diet" than a "movement".  (Google is smarter than your average bear on this stuff, if you get curious.)

I was really only curious because it was being talked about in here.. I myself am not joking, just asking questions..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1