Why would anyone need more than one AO or set of poses? <== Is joke!

I suppose if you take a lot of pictures, and want to use different poses...

Man, now I wonder how much you guys PAY for all those poses!?!

And it's not worth L$10 to upload a pic of each one..?

I guess, either the poses are a lot cheaper than L$10 each, or your priorities are such that uploading a pic of each pose just isn't worth it..?

Peeve: Not being able to just give you the money to do what you want!

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm also not fancy enough for HUDs. I toss a pose into a poseball, hop on and drag myself wherever I'm needed, and then customize it in BD.

Funnily enough, I still use pose ball for some items I've made for Dinkies because each one needs their own pose.  Pose balls are fun!  HUDS can be tricky but once one gets used to making them they are so easy, so I'd recommend using the free ones to try making one or call someone up at Happy Hippo Building School or Builder's Brewery and ask for help on your HUD.  You drag the HUD to the ground and then load whatever poses into the CONTENTS area of the edit menu, and then take back to inventory and wear.  Some have a weird thing about starting sometimes, and you have to wear and then unwear again or something.  I still make chimeras too from time to time.  Remember those?  They all come in handy at times for certain things, even pose balls of all things.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Man, now I wonder how much you guys PAY for all those poses!?!

For me personally, from 10L for singles up to about 75L for a pack of poses. I buy cheap packs and singles to use as starter poses so I'm not there rotating every bone in my body every single time I want to be sitting/leaning/etc. a specific way. I could just make and save a bunch of presets in BD for that, but meh, I find buying in categories (chair sits, floor sits, stands, stairs, leaning, action, etc.) a whole lot faster, and many come with props I can use for later anyway.

Never saw a need to upload photos of them. If I forget what one looks like, I just fire it off to preview it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Funnily enough, I still use pose ball for some items I've made for Dinkies because each one needs their own pose.  Pose balls are fun!  HUDS can be tricky but once one gets used to making them they are so easy, so I'd recommend using the free ones to try making one or call someone up at Happy Hippo Building School or Builder's Brewery and ask for help on your HUD.  You drag the HUD to the ground and then load whatever poses into the CONTENTS area of the edit menu, and then take back to inventory and wear.  Some have a weird thing about starting sometimes, and you have to wear and then unwear again or something.  I still make chimeras too from time to time.  Remember those?  They all come in handy at times for certain things, even pose balls of all things.

Oh I'm familiar with working with HUDs. I have a dance HUD lost in my inventory somewhere with like a zillion dances in it. But I usually "attach" myself to a piece of furniture or something, so I like to be able to edit the ball and drag my body into position so I can customize my poses.

Like one shot I did ages ago (which I still need to toss on Flickr - I am slacking soooooo badlyyyyy), I had a couch without built-in poses positioned upside down in the air and needed to be laying across it. Hopping on a poseball and flipping myself upside down was super easy. Then I could just use BD to "seat" myself "properly" from there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Am I the only dope who has the majority of her poses memorized? 

I...I work with them a lot. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

giphy.gif

I'm also not fancy enough for HUDs. I toss a pose into a poseball, hop on and drag myself wherever I'm needed, and then customize it in BD.

No, I pretty much know all mine.. Plus I have a good hud that I can put a ton of them in. So it's a lot easier to get at them..  It has one window that shows all the poses I have and another window that I can put the ones that I want to use in..  I can use any one of them from the one window where they show all of them , or I can set up note cards for the other window..

It's good for a dance hud also, because I can do the same with my animations..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

No, I pretty much know all mine.. Plus I have a good hud that I can put a ton of them in. So it's a lot easier to get at them..  It has one window that shows all the poses I have and another window that I can put the ones that I want to use in..  I can use anyone them from the one window where they show all of them , or I can set up note cards for the other window..

It's good for a dance hud also, because I can do the same with my animations..

Okay good! Glad I'm not alone in that, LOL. 

If anything, I'm peeved that I always think I have enough poses in my collection - until I get a specific pose idea into my head and find that I've got NOTHING to use as a starter. Omg....

Like how many different ways can one person lean against a wall? Oh, lemme tell you - at least 30! 😄

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

For me personally, from 10L for singles up to about 75L for a pack of poses. I buy cheap packs and singles 

When I came back to SL the last time and have been here since pretty much except for health stuff here and there, I found a whole bunch of 1 L each poses on MP.  

I think a lot of people put poses out as dollarbies or thank you gifts at 1 linden each.  There are some good ones for people to start out that don't cost much.  All these are 1 to 10 Linden.  Putting the link just for anybody starting out, not directed to Ayashe personally.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[layout]=gallery&search[category_id]=&search[sort]=&search[per_page]=24&search[keywords]=pose&search[price_low]=0&search[price_high]=10&search[land_impact_low]=&search[land_impact_high]=&search[copy_permission]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[transfer_permission]=0&search[limited_quantities]=0&search[is_demo]=0

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Okay good! Glad I'm not alone in that, LOL. 

If anything, I'm peeved that I always think I have enough poses in my collection - until I get a specific pose idea into my head and find that I've got NOTHING to use as a starter. Omg....

Like how many different ways can one person lean against a wall? Oh, lemme tell you - at least 30! 😄

I just try to get close, because I'm gonna adjust the pose to my liking anyways.. The only time I'll buy something now, is if I think it'll save me time in setting things up.. I can't really find too much that i need anymore.. most of the ones I have will get in close..

The thing that is a pain about them being in my inventory is all the clicking to see what they are and having to even have my inventory open.. My hud I just run right through them or go to the page that I know they are on and click play..

All i really need is to be sitting on a prim or poseball with a pose script in it that I can move me around..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

When I came back to SL the last time and have been here since pretty much except for health stuff here and there, I found a whole bunch of 1 L each poses on MP.  

I think a lot of people put poses out as dollarbies or thank you gifts at 1 linden each.  There are some good ones for people to start out that don't cost much.  All these are 1 to 10 Linden.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[layout]=gallery&search[category_id]=&search[sort]=&search[per_page]=24&search[keywords]=pose&search[price_low]=0&search[price_high]=10&search[land_impact_low]=&search[land_impact_high]=&search[copy_permission]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[transfer_permission]=0&search[limited_quantities]=0&search[is_demo]=0

True! When I first started building my collection, I grabbed quite a few freebies, gifts, and dollarbies. The main issue, though, is a lot of times with free poses, some bones are improperly rotated/positioned, and I spend more time correcting problem areas like twisted shoulders and over-rotated elbows than I do actually customizing. Nothing against those creators at all, though. When I used to sell poses, those were the exact body parts that would have me screaming into the void, so I get the struggle, lol. Now that was not only a peeve, but an entire mood.

These days, I basically have a list of places I shop from that sell poses that generally don't need a lot of prep work before I start tinkering.

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just try to get close, because I'm gonna adjust the pose to my liking anyways.. The only time I'll buy something now, is if I think it'll save me time in setting things up.. I can't really find too much that i need anymore.. most of the ones I have will get in close..

Oh, you're very lucky! I'm always getting stuck on one silly thing or another. I should probably stop trying to toss myself into complicated poses - that might solve a lot of issues. 😄

My last shoot - oh this is so simple! I just need to change how my hands sit on my hips, yaaaaaas.

Oh, and change how my shoulders are positioned. Great.

Oh, and now fix the elbows.

Damn, now my torso needs twisting.

Thrust the chest!

Gah, now I've got my weight on the wrong foot. Omg.

2...hours...later... 😵

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

True! When I first started building my collection, I grabbed quite a few freebies, gifts, and dollarbies. The main issue, though, is a lot of times with free poses, some bones are improperly rotated/positioned, and I spend more time correcting problem areas like twisted shoulders and over-rotated elbows than I do actually customizing. Nothing against those creators at all, though. When I used to sell poses, those were the exact body parts that would have me screaming into the void, so I get the struggle, lol. Now that was not only a peeve, but an entire mood.

These days, I basically have a list of places I shop from that sell poses that generally don't need a lot of prep work before I start tinkering.

Oh, you're very lucky! I'm always getting stuck on one silly thing or another. I should probably stop trying to toss myself into complicated poses - that might solve a lot of issues. 😄

My last shoot - oh this is so simple! I just need to change how my hands sit on my hips, yaaaaaas.

Oh, and change how my shoulders are positioned. Great.

Oh, and now fix the elbows.

Damn, now my torso needs twisting.

Thrust the chest!

Gah, now I've got my weight on the wrong foot. Omg.

2...hours...later... 😵

Yep so much of this, and then try being a Dinkie where the arms are often just not gonna work, the arms will go through the body.  But, I do have cute ones for my Dinkie where the arms are at the side for instance.  

Pics takes patience because of prim clashes too.  It's a fun hobby even though it can be taxing at times.

But, people with a lot of poses, I think the HUDS are easier but you have to make them yourself.  You just click thru a blue menu like menus on furniture and it poses your avatar as you click from pose to pose on the menu.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I have a dance HUD lost in my inventory somewhere with like a zillion dances in it.

I was wondering if you lost your HUD because you forgot it's name?  Just to put more info out there on my 'make a HUD of your poses' info, people will need to rename their HUD when it's rezzed on the ground because most of the scripts will probably be no modify.  If an item contains no modify scripts, one usually cannot rename it in inventory, it has to rezzed to rename the item if it's copy/mod.  So, rename the HUD while it's on the ground.  Tip No. 2 - Go to a sandbox like Builder's Brewery or Happy Hippo because HUDS are small and you might feel like you lost it if you rezz on a floor that's a busy pattern for example.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

17 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Yep so much of this, and then try being a Dinkie where the arms are often just not gonna work, the arms will go through the body.  But, I do have cute ones for my Dinkie where the arms are at the side for instance.  

Pics takes patience because of prim clashes too.  It's a fun hobby even though it can be taxing at times.

But, people with a lot of poses, I think the HUDS are easier but you have to make them yourself.  You just click thru a blue menu like menus on furniture and it poses your avatar as you click from pose to pose on the menu.

HUDs are easier if you aren't precision posing and are just working on general stands/sits. I do goofy shoots where I'm laying across building rubble at a sharp angle or sitting on a statue or balancing on something wonky. Just flinging myself onto objects to see what works best. Poseballs are better for that for me. Edit the ball - drag - place myself on a column, yeah that looks good, rotate my body, flip upside down, hit the right angle, perfect, now I can put all my limbs in the right spot. 😂

12 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I was wondering if you lost your HUD because you forgot it's name?

Nah, I just never use it. I made an entire dance AO in my normal ZHAO so I can just flip to it if I feel like twerking at random (which, to be fair, is rather often in my case).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: Letting putting off taxes until another day stress me out because of what a headache they have been to do in the last few years..

Unpeeve: Realizing, when I go to do taxes finally, that I don't have anyone else's taxes but our to do this year..

It didn't even feel like I did taxes this year it was so smooth and easy.. I did someones taxes last year that was into the virtual currencies like bitcoin and others.. I remember saying, to them that they are gonna have to find someone else next year.. Those virtual currencies and things are a real pain in the butt at tax time.

I'm so glad I stopped doing other peoples taxes.. Never again.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I arrange mine in descriptive folders and subfolders. It's annoying and time consuming, and not always entirely helpful, but I have hundreds and hundreds of poses: it would bankrupt me to upload all those pics.

Do several on one image like so:

SEmotion-Modeling-poses-30.jpg?153605713

and so:

Snapshot_001.jpg?1503261226

I normally buy poses in packs, and they invariably include an image like the ones above, so I just have folders named for each pack and include the image even if I have to yoink it from the MP.  🤫

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I arrange mine in descriptive folders and subfolders. It's annoying and time consuming, and not always entirely helpful, but I have hundreds and hundreds of poses: it would bankrupt me to upload all those pics.

4 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I thought one could upload to inventory.  Or was that a long time ago.......................?

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Do several on one image like so:

SEmotion-Modeling-poses-30.jpg?153605713

and so:

Snapshot_001.jpg?1503261226

I normally buy poses in packs, and they invariably include an image like the ones above, so I just have folders named for each pack and include the image even if I have to yoink it from the MP.  🤫

So... like Silent, I will take my own screen shot of a pose pack if I don't find a photo in the package -- or create my own multi-pose image by taking shots of myself in the poses and putting them all onto one picture.  Those pics are then save on the computer.

Then, I use the 'Local Textures' option to add the picture to a flat box, label the box with the pose pack title and "-Picture' and keep it in the same folder as the poses.  Said box can then be rezzed or attached as a HUD to see the picture.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Then, I use the 'Local Textures' option to add the picture to a flat box, label the box with the pose pack title and "-Picture' and keep it in the same folder as the poses.  Said box can then be rezzed or attached as a HUD to see the picture.

One thing about this confuses me. "Local" textures in my viewer never outlive a log-off. Surely you'd have to reload the texture each time you attached the prim / box?

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One thing about this confuses me. "Local" textures in my viewer never outlive a log-off. Surely you'd have to reload the texture each time you attached the prim / box?

I think it will last for her until she has to clear texture cache. She is the only one who can see it any way.

Unless there have been changes made I'm unaware of, only the uploader will ever be able to see "local" textures and they do not persist from one log in to the next. The only reason there appears to be any retention is due to the texture being cached.

Hm. Come to find out local/temp textures apparently do get assigned a UUID so even though it can't be seen by anyone else (and in this case no one else needs to see it) the texture can be "retained" as described in this old article:

https://aywren.com/2018/05/01/second-life-quick-tip-local-textures/

See: Getting the Local Texture UUID

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I think it will last for her until she has to clear texture cache. She is the only one who can see it any way.

Unless there have been changes made I'm unaware of, only the uploader will ever be able to see "local" textures and they do not persist from one log in to the next. The only reason there appears to be any retention is due to the texture being cached.

Hm. Come to find out local/temp textures apparently do get assigned a UUID so even though it can't be seen by anyone else (and in this case no one else needs to see it) the texture can be "retained" as described in this old article:

Interesting. I use local textures a lot, for backdrops I've built for pics. They are invariably flushed when I log out, and need to be reloaded when I log back in. (They also do not persist across different viewers.)

But I've never tried saving them to the object by UUID. Using a scripted cube to obtain the UUID seems a slightly clumsy way to do it, but if I were doing them in batches, it might be worthwhile. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

They used to stay around until cache cleared (which I avoided like the plague), but they don't now.  I hadn't even realized.  I haven't done one of these photo boxes in a long time - or even pulled up an old one.

*sigh*

• Like 3

So I was watching a documentary series and was enjoying it, but then had to stop to watch another show I shall not name cos I know I shall be tarred and feathered for enjoying it.  After watching *Voldemort* show, I wanted to go back to the docu....so load up Amazon Prime and its not in my "continue watching" stream. 

I think to myself, okay, my internet was acting up and so maybe it didn't save correctly.  I shall instead search for it.  I then spend 15 minutes scrolling through countless streams, trying to look for it in the search engine and its not showing up.  

So I think to myself, ha, this is uber screwy, so maybe its something wrong with Amazon.  So I go the main TV menu and there's the show in the "watch next episode" column.  I click "okay"....only to find out....it's streaming on Disney+.

I need to go back to being a brunette.  These blonde moments are getting out of hand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I was watching a documentary series and was enjoying it, but then had to stop to watch another show I shall not name cos I know I shall be tarred and feathered for enjoying it.  After watching *Voldemort* show, I wanted to go back to the docu....so load up Amazon Prime and its not in my "continue watching" stream. 

I think to myself, okay, my internet was acting up and so maybe it didn't save correctly.  I shall instead search for it.  I then spend 15 minutes scrolling through countless streams, trying to look for it in the search engine and its not showing up.  

So I think to myself, ha, this is uber screwy, so maybe its something wrong with Amazon.  So I go the main TV menu and there's the show in the "watch next episode" column.  I click "okay"....only to find out....it's streaming on Disney+.

I need to go back to being a brunette.  These blonde moments are getting out of hand!

When I get deep enough in this rabbit hole, sometimes I give up and push the Alexa button on the remote. That seems to help lately, as Alexa finds the show or movie right away.

3 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I was watching a documentary series and was enjoying it, but then had to stop to watch another show I shall not name cos I know I shall be tarred and feathered for enjoying it.  After watching *Voldemort* show

So you were watching something derived of the works of JK Rowling?!

Shrieks in PC.

11 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That sounds like a hassle, Silent.

So, Peeve:  Can't take photo for one's inventory anymore for free.  

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1