1 minute ago, Solo Alpha said:

Peeve : Bored impulse buyers.

you really really want to join Love on my "needs killing" list, don't you. I've been planning this purchase for months, not as an impulse but because I damn well need it - my instrument setup has changed, including a couple of new ones, and my existing desk just doesn't have the channels or versatility to perform a seamless stream or facilitate a clean multichannel recording with the new setup...

"Impulse buyer"? No.

"Frustrated musician"? HELL yes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

you really really want to join Love on m"needs killing" list, don't you. I've been planning this purchase for months, not as an impulse but because I damn well need it .

"Impulse buyer"? No.

Peeve : needy preachers keeping lists .. :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

my instrument setup has changed, including a couple of new ones, and my existing desk just doesn't have the channels or versatility to perform a seamless stream or facilitate a clean multichannel recording with the new setup...

"Impulse buyer"? No.

This is the nerdiest thing I've read all day. ❤️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

The only thing I want to get is when I have the money. Is a Midi Keyboard. 

Get one with decent weighted keys and that can channel its MIDI over USB as well as the standard DIN-5 connector. As a keyboardist, you'll miss the weighted feedback if you don't have it and having options on the ports will completely save your arse down the road. When it comes to instruments "inexpensive" is often a false economy that turns into "cheap"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:
25 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

you really really want to join Love on m"needs killing" list, don't you. I've been planning this purchase for months, not as an impulse but because I damn well need it .

"Impulse buyer"? No.

Peeve : needy preachers keeping lists .. :P

Creating music is a spiritual pursuit, is it not?  Or should I say it can be.

19 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:
On 7/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

While many of the traits described in the alpha male chart you posted can be desirable there are no traits demonstrating any caring for others, or any qualities needed to join with others and create a beneficial world for others outside his own realm. I see no traits like empathy, the ability to cooperate with others, or an ability to understand one is not always right and so needs to accept a degree of criticism.
Sure, he is successful when achieving his personal goals, but at what cost to others?

Not all of these types of people have poor self-esteem they are compensating for with pronounced individualism. Some are just excessively self-centered with little empathy for others. Taken to extreme they are called psychopaths.
At the website you took your graphic from they list ten problems for women in relationships with alpha males, and list an example of one such male:

Powerful Alphas
Currently Donald Trump is the classic example of a powerful, dominating alpha male.

https://thepleasantpersonality.com/alpha-male/

Pet Peeve: Too many people like this run the world. 

Well yes, there are many other characteristics which are not included in that list but those as the rest of the article goes on to say, are the ones studies have found to be important for the Leader/Alpha person, whatever gender. I didn't make a judgement whether it was good or bad or whether I was personally attracted to it. Many are however. That is easily seen in many profiles in-world for those looking for a Dom or Domme. And without a doubt, Alpha's are challenging to live and be in relationship with but still beta's overwhelming seek out Alpha's to be with and then complain when they get what they thought they wanted.

Not sure of the point you're trying to make. There are those who dominate and those who like to be dominated, yes, but just because it exists doesn't prove it's beneficial. We'd need further evidence to make that claim. One could be make the case that this unbalanced dynamic is the source of all war, of capitalists dominating the environment to the point of climate collapse, of all abuse that exists.

Once again, these dominating aspects without the other important aspects needed for survival means nothing but destruction to me. For any person, for any society.

Pet Peeve: The devaluing of the feminine qualities of the world.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Not sure of the point you're trying to make. There are those who dominate and those who like to be dominated, yes, but just because it exists doesn't prove it's beneficial. We'd need further evidence to make that claim. One could be make the case that this unbalanced dynamic is the source of all war, of capitalists dominating the environment to the point of climate collapse, of all abuse that exists.

But why does something that an individual enjoys, have to be beneficial to society? I mean I don't see a problem with the dom and sub community. They aren't hurting themselves or hurting others. I mean besides enjoying pain a bit too much. 

6 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Pet Peeve: The devaluing of the feminine qualities of the world.

Also what is a feminine quality? 

4 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Arielle's chart didn't mention any physical characteristics commonly associated with Alpha males -- height, deep voice, good looks, and so on.    Don't those matter?

They sure do. Which of these alphas would you rather date?

bruce-willis-at-award-images_aWVobWmUmZqaraWkpJRnbWlsrWdpbm0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1    1533207630043-trumpKim.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

...plus, I got on Page 200 of this thread! Congratulations on your 200th page of Peeves, thread!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
35 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Expand  

But why does something that an individual enjoys, have to be beneficial to society? I mean I don't see a problem with the dom and sub community. They aren't hurting themselves or hurting others. I mean besides enjoying pain a bit too much. 

I didn't say beneficial to "society", I only said "beneficial". Enjoyment is beneficial because most humans need enjoyment in their lives. 

I don't see anything wrong with the Dom/sub community. We would have to evaluate each couple to determine if allowing this power dynamic in their lives is beneficial for them, so I could never make a statement about all who are in this lifestyle. My personal feelings are that an unbalanced power dynamic is only destructive if one stays stuck in it, so there must be movement or growth so that a sub increases their self-determination or sense of control over their life and doesn't need another to control them as much, and for a Dom to learn to let go of power and share it, and get in touch with their more vulnerable side. This is not a value judgement at all, but only a reflection of how I understand power and how humans function better when in balance. I've had good friends in the lifestyle, and only see a problem if people stay stuck in patterns.

Identity (personality) is not fixed when one is growing; change is the nature of life. 

When I said "One could be make the case that this unbalanced dynamic is the source of all war, of capitalists dominating the environment to the point of climate collapse, of all abuse that exists" I was not referring to D's, but to an imbalance of power in a broader sense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

I didn't say beneficial to "society", I only said "beneficial". Enjoyment is beneficial because most humans need enjoyment in their lives. 

I don't see anything wrong with the Dom/sub community. We would have to evaluate each couple to determine if allowing this power dynamic in their lives is beneficial for them, so I could never make a statement about all who are in this lifestyle. My personal feelings are that an unbalanced power dynamic is only destructive if one stays stuck in it, so there must be movement or growth so that a sub increases their self-determination or sense of control over their life and doesn't need another to control them as much, and for a Dom to learn to let go of power and share it, and get in touch with their more vulnerable side. This is not a value judgement at all, but only a reflection of how I understand power and how humans function better when in balance. I've had good friends in the lifestyle, and only see a problem if people stay stuck in patterns.

Identity (personality) is not fixed when one is growing; change is the nature of life. 

When I said "One could be make the case that this unbalanced dynamic is the source of all war, of capitalists dominating the environment to the point of climate collapse, of all abuse that exists" I was not referring to D's, but to an imbalance of power in a broader sense.

Great arguments for a "power couple"! I kin haz power thruple?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

you really really want to join Love on my "needs killing" list, don't you. I've been planning this purchase for months, not as an impulse but because I damn well need it - my instrument setup has changed, including a couple of new ones, and my existing desk just doesn't have the channels or versatility to perform a seamless stream or facilitate a clean multichannel recording with the new setup...

"Impulse buyer"? No.

I hope you realize that I'm going to die one day "without killing"!

B2FBC034-9E63-474C-BD1F-BE16F5F6F435.jpeg