Never Thought I'd Be Posting One of These...

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have never before had to reboot my router (Verizon gigabit router/modem, if it matters) to resolve symptoms such as I had today. (Other issues, such as a service outage, sure.) This particular router is a replacement; we recently exchanged an identical item because of other issues. So I'm a bit concerned that the new device would exhibit this sort of unreliability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have never before had to reboot my router (Verizon gigabit router/modem, if it matters) to resolve symptoms such as I had today. (Other issues, such as a service outage, sure.) This particular router is a replacement; we recently exchanged an identical item because of other issues. So I'm a bit concerned that the new device would exhibit this sort of unreliability.

Could be the router or could be a degrading in-home or external line to the isp resulting in more errors and packet dropping. Also could be dependent on what other users on the connection are doing. As an example since returning to Opensimulator, I restarted a 15 region grid on my home network for myself and partner. Since then I am starting to see apparent random logouts of the viewer. Before blaming the router and modem. I'll check the ISP connection for both speed and errors, then see what my aged mother is doing on her end (bopping the Beethoven, streaming health videos and zooming her sisters) to see if maybe I need to use the QoS settings in the router to prioritize my! stuff. If that doesn't resolve it, I might have to upgrade by buying a better router with more memory to prevent memory overflows.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.