Rest in Peace, Queen Elizabeth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, I was hoping someone would, Garnet, and I hope the stupid rules will allow it to stand.

It is hard for this American to understand how much in the hearts of her people the Queen was. So much there for so long. Political thought aside, Queen Elizabeth was the face of England for... ever.

• Like 14

I didn't think we'd be allowed, but I hope we are.

I'm feeling very sad. I knew she wasn't immortal, of course, but some part of me felt like she was. Everyone under the age of 70 has never known anyone else as monarch. She felt so permanent, so devoted to duty. I love that picture of her inspecting the troops, William among them, and both of them trying not to smile. 

I was at the Garden Party once and I remember seeing her cross the grass with Philip. There was a stray corgi bounding around who I don't think was supposed to be there.

Rest in peace, Ma'am.

• Like 11

Oh nooo:(

I never really knew much about them or what they even did.. Then had so much more of an understanding after watching that series, The Crown which I know a lot was fiction.. But it showed just how much I would never want to be born into that kind of life..It gave me a good perspective of what they do and where their part plays in things and just a whole lot more than I never knew about..

after that series, I wanted to know as much as I could about them and her.. Honestly, I don't know how she did it and how she lived so long doing it..

She was an amazing woman and so disciplined.. I learned so much about her this year. Not nearly enough though still..

She is going to leave such a big gap I am thinking..

Some people the world doesn't stop for, but I think there are some that it does and I think she is one of those people..

I bet she would have been amazing to meet..

• Like 8

• Moderators

Greetings, all!

While we appreciate that the Queen served her country, the UK and the Commonwealth nations for 70 years, this is off topic for the Second Life forums. 

The decision has been made to lock this thread instead of removing it from the forums so that it will remain visible to all. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 31

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.