Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Right, day1 of launch I saw the vendors relocated, then days later I "thought" I saw them removed.

Now they're back, if they even went away in the first place.

Ya, I believe they were removed at first, and even things said about support for them not continuing.. I'm wondering if that game plan has changed.. I haven't really seen the numbers budge too much from the older bodies since the new one was released.. So that has to be hurting the new body growing..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 6:20 PM, Janet Voxel said:

Yeah, you would think somebody would do a bikini at this point as many beaches there are in SL. Plenty of quickly done bra and panties though. That’s exactly what I mean about when a body comes out though. It’s little things you want that just aren’t available yet to make you feel comfortable enough to wear the body, so you just kind of wait lol and they just missed bikini season and put the body out during spooky season. So we get a tonne of costumes you’ll forget you had in a month and no beachwear!

I think I finally pieced a  bikini together for it.. hehehehe

It was the top that was what was so hard to find.. I ended up having to find  it full perm on the MP.. It's the only one so far that fits well enough to cover everything and not look too 1960's and 70's.. hehehe

The bottoms are full perm also, So that's nice..

52508548865_0393355b62_k.jpg

• Like 4

Been a Belleza Body for the last few years now, and while I am THRILLED with the Freyja form, due to it being "real life" curvy without being unrealistic/crazy proportions - I can't justify continued support of this brand. 

I was never happy with the clothing-option limitations, but Freyja has always been 'supported enough' with all the creators/sales I shop on weekends that I rarely felt I was 'missing out' on most styles.  Some creator, somewhere, was making Freyja compatible ones even when some major brands left Freyja out.

However, with this new-body-release - I just can't justify the expense of staying with Belleza when they are only further dividing their creator-base and I see even LESS support for ALL Belleza bodies since its release.  With some classic Belleza creators staying with the old body forms, but some splitting off to create *only* for New Belleza bodies - further dividing the pool down smaller.  On top of that, most of the newer-bigger-brands I've watched in the last couple of months don't support ANY of the Belleza forms - new or old.  With no coupon for us who have been loyal supporters for years - if I'm forced to buy a new body.  Sorry, it just won't be Belleza.  They give me zippo reason to buy them again.

I'm going Legacy.  Backwards compatible with styles for years, and with ongoing support/mods being made for it, clearly going to continue to be in the 'top three' creators build for.  I really wish Belleza had the creator support it needs to stay in the running, but after 3+ years of playing only with Freyja, it just doesn't.  Its not justified for the cost - at all.  And Belleza certainly didn't earn my desire to spend more on them in the last three years (with no follow-up even to promises made at the last Belleza update to us customers who had remained loyal.  Except for two new bodies now at an even higher price point! HA!)

Just sucks I'm pushed out faster into a new body by the new Belleza release with it forcing creators to now either design for 3 different bodies, or pick old vs. new 2-bodies, to support all existing customers.  I didn't really want to get another body - but if I want to keep shopping - I basically have to.  :/

(And stupid me didn't even realize Legacy was on sale last month - I was waiting to check for the holiday sales and hoping for a sale then. =D  DOH!  I hate SL lack-of-ever-knowing-this stuff easily! LOL)

Edited by Koriani Ixchel

On 10/1/2022 at 6:43 AM, Modulated said:

I will go out on a limb here and say if this new body is still being talked about a month or so from now, I will be surprised. There's definitely market saturation and at this point its just another 'oh look something new/shiny' for people to glob on to-and they will. But how successful this body will be remains to be seen..

Here we are. So has the support for this 'new' body gotten any better?

17 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Depends who you ask. If you're in their Discord channel, the people in there would likely say yes. The Gen X Content tab is pretty active and Flickr seems updated with new products somewhat frequently.

Out on the sidelines - maybe? Depends where you shop. Some stores adopted it and include it in their new releases. Or at least one of the versions anyway. Others...nope.

Furries might be in wait and see mode still. We need the PG version (or mod version, I suppose) in order to wear bento tails. I have seen some feet/paws updated for Gen X. Not all of them, though (yet?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

A month in and it’s about the same, maybe slightly better. The funny thing is, it’s slightly more Freya/Isis support now than Classic/Curvy, but it’s more Curvy than Classic. It’s a very strange situation for Belleza.

I still owe a review, where I’m going to talk about it. The funny thing is, I prefer Classic to Curvy. I think Ebody stole Curvy’s cookies and it’s going to be tough to overcome. The mod support for Ebody makes me say….”I’ll stick with Ebody if I’m going to be curvy.”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

Well, It took about a month and a half to put a half way decent bikini together.. hehehe

I haven't found much for me, But things like that are subjective anyways.

You can check their flicker catalog out and see if they are making things you like.. Most of the ones making things  for it are on there..

SL Belleza GEN.X ADs [Opted out]

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

You mean the new, no scare quotes needed, body? Blueberry and Addams have picked it up, as have jewelry makers like Vibing and Kibitz, and there are items in every weekend sale listing for it. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

You mean the new, no scare quotes needed, body? Blueberry and Addams have picked it up, as have jewelry makers like Vibing and Kibitz, and there are items in every weekend sale listing for it. 

Kunglers also rigs for GenX and Prima on her latest releases.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I still owe a review, where I’m going to talk about it. The funny thing is, I prefer Classic to Curvy. I think Ebody stole Curvy’s cookies and it’s going to be tough to overcome. The mod support for Ebody makes me say….”I’ll stick with Ebody if I’m going to be curvy.”

I feel like a lot of creators just go the "safe" route and go with curvy over classic, although census seems to be changing in some areas. For sure i'd stick to my ebody for curvy as well, and I also prefer classic as it reminds me of what my old Freya could get.

Also don't know how much better their sales will be with 20% off. Still seems like a lot of L, but then that puts it down to roughly where Kupra was iirc? Better, but could still be better.

• Like 1

I've been watching the pick up/or not of the new bodies vs. old Freyja (again if you read my post, just above yours, you'll get a longer version of the answer to your question!)

The short of it - among every weekend sale I shop (almost all of them advertised on seraphim), every single weekend sale (in total - that I've been doing for almost 2+ years now btw, so I'm familiar with the offerings of the hundreds of brands in these sales), yes there's more than 'no' support.  Certainly seeing a few big brands picking it up, but at least for me, not at all at any rate that encourages me this will 'more' supported than Freyja.

And if I have to buy a new body, Freyja level support isn't enough.  And right now these bodies have less than that even as they split the current creator pool even smaller.

And of course there's no way to tell if this will be 'the biggest splash' of the new bodies in the next six months, if they take off, or if they just float around 10-20% of products offered for another year.  

If you're spending money now - I just can't justify the risk.  And I love Curvy, too, just sucks. :/  Maybe a year from now this will look justified, but that's a year of less shopping I won't be passing up! Blah to that! ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koriani Ixchel said:

I've been watching the pick up/or not of the new bodies vs. old Freyja (again if you read my post, just above yours, you'll get a longer version of the answer to your question!)

The short of it - among every weekend sale I shop (almost all of them advertised on seraphim), every single weekend sale (in total - that I've been doing for almost 2+ years now btw, so I'm familiar with the offerings of the hundreds of brands in these sales), yes there's more than 'no' support.  Certainly seeing a few big brands picking it up, but at least for me, not at all at any rate that encourages me this will 'more' supported than Freyja.

And if I have to buy a new body, Freyja level support isn't enough.  And right now these bodies have less than that even as they split the current creator pool even smaller.

And of course there's no way to tell if this will be 'the biggest splash' of the new bodies in the next six months, if they take off, or if they just float around 10-20% of products offered for another year.  

If you're spending money now - I just can't justify the risk.  And I love Curvy, too, just sucks. :/  Maybe a year from now this will look justified, but that's a year of less shopping I won't be passing up! Blah to that! ;)

If you're on Freya right now and happy with Freya , You are probably better off staying where you are at..

There is always stuff popping up in the group for that body either made for it or on sale.. There really isn't anything groundbreaking or trend setting for the high price they are asking for the Genx.. Even at 20% off, it's still one of the highest priced bodies on the market.. They knocked $L1100 off the single purchase and $L1740 off the fatpack..

They should have went to 50% and left it there for the rest of it's life..

Mine is just sitting on the shelf at the moment waiting to see if it sparks more top tier creators.

I would definitely wait until next year to see if it goes anywhere..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you're on Freya right now and happy with Freya , You are probably better off staying where you are at..

There is always stuff popping up in the group for that body either made for it or on sale.. There really isn't anything groundbreaking or trend setting for the high price they are asking for the Genx..

Oh don't worry, I'm not buying a genX now, or later, due to reasons mentioned above.  And I LOVE the Freyja body, but over the last few months I've seen even less inclusion of this body in more and more brands; even ones that use to support Belleza Freya prior to the last few months. This was happening with more rapid consistency before the drop of the Updated And New Bodies, and is just continuing on.  

So even before Curvy/Classic was released, I was debating getting a new body around this holiday season to take advantage of the sales. *crosses fingers Legacy has another one since she had no clue they had one before Nov. 1- lol*  Once it was released, and I've seen the continued negative trend downards for all the Belleza bodies - I went ahead decided to go ahead and bite this bullet THIS holiday season rather than waiting for summer time.   This has been a trend (overall for Belleza support and the sales I watch every weekend) going on longer, just the new body release changing everything pushed me over the edge.

All my important Skins already work on Legacy, so this girl is hoping over. I will still, absolutely, buy what clothes I can in Freyja, she's my 'main body love' still - but I'll have more options now, too, with all the newer brands.  Without having to do reborn or Kupra which just go too 'far' for me and my RP partner preferences.

Its more the 'last straw' in me trying to avoid having to invest in another body =D.  Just gonna have to or else give up spending money in SL every weekend! =D (gasp no! I love shopping sprees that spend ones of dollars!)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Koriani Ixchel said:

Oh don't worry, I'm not buying a genX now, or later, due to reasons mentioned above.  And I LOVE the Freyja body, but over the last few months I've seen even less inclusion of this body in more and more brands; even ones that use to support Belleza Freya prior to the last few months. This was happening with more rapid consistency before the drop of the Updated And New Bodies, and is just continuing on.  

So even before Curvy/Classic was released, I was debating getting a new body around this holiday season to take advantage of the sales. *crosses fingers Legacy has another one since she had no clue they had one before Nov. 1- lol*  Once it was released, and I've seen the continued negative trend downards for all the Belleza bodies - I went ahead decided to go ahead and bite this bullet THIS holiday season rather than waiting for summer time.   This has been a trend (overall for Belleza support and the sales I watch every weekend) going on longer, just the new body release changing everything pushed me over the edge.

All my important Skins already work on Legacy, so this girl is hoping over. I will still, absolutely, buy what clothes I can in Freyja, she's my 'main body love' still - but I'll have more options now, too, with all the newer brands.  Without having to do reborn or Kupra which just go too 'far' for me and my RP partner preferences.

Its more the 'last straw' in me trying to avoid having to invest in another body =D.  Just gonna have to or else give up spending money in SL every weekend! =D (gasp no! I love shopping sprees that spend ones of dollars!)

If it had more support , I would recommend the Kalhene Erika body, because it shapes so well and has a very good range and has more bang for the buck with all the addons and deformers built into the hud, plus modifiable..

It's the body I have been rooting for since it came out..

But it's still needing good 3rd party support as well to get a good variety of things for it to wear.. It has everything going for it but that at the moment..

Honestly in my opinion, It's the best all around body on the market that gives more bang for the buck.. it's just being held back  because of the popularity contest going on in the market..

I've been keeping a close eye on the numbers recently and noticing it's starting to increase in numbers.. If that keeps up, it's gonna really bump up the list here shortly.. It's had a 100 user increase since last month, so something has sparked it again.. Hopefully  it sparks more creators as well :)

• Like 2

Still no modifiable version that I can see. At this point I'm starting to doubt that it'll even be released - how hard is it to click that checkbox, release it, and then update and polish later if it's needed. 20% isn't enough without it.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

I feel like a lot of creators just go the "safe" route and go with curvy over classic, although census seems to be changing in some areas. For sure i'd stick to my ebody for curvy as well, and I also prefer classic as it reminds me of what my old Freya could get.

Also don't know how much better their sales will be with 20% off. Still seems like a lot of L, but then that puts it down to roughly where Kupra was iirc? Better, but could still be better.

I agree! There's no telling what creators are going to choose to support. During the initial rush on discord a lot of people said they were getting curvy. So I'm guessing, some creators based their support off that. After "living in" a classic body for about a week, I noticed some very strange things.

I think they would've done a lot better if they offered a 50% off deal for people that had one of the older bodies on release, then dropped it down to 20% for black friday. It probably would've worked out a lot better for them that way.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ehhhh...maybe next year for me. I need the PG version and a whole wardrobe to go along with it, and so far, I'm not liking any of the clothes.

I think this year's budget is going all to enhancing my head collection.

At the Belleza sim I found a total of I think two outfits I liked ... a dress from Just Because and one formal gown, the other clothes look too "edgy/Kawaii/revealing" for me. The % of clothing (not counting swim, lingerie, etc) that shows off belly button, under-bewb, tush cheeks etc for GenX is really high in the first rounds of clothing released; it seems like they're going for a specific market of SL users. I prefer my sexy to have a touch of conservative/hidden in it ;)

I need capris, jeans, skirts, blouses/tops that aren't stripper-wear, nice sweaters from Dead Doll, some Valentina E dresses, COCO, some of Seniha and certainly the cooler brands like Ecru, Neve, and especially Mimikri supporting it way more than they are. And how does one go about paying for at least 15 pairs of heels and shoes to get a good basic start on the footwear department. And then there's body jewellery. Sigh.

I did demo the body again and like the look though.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Still no modifiable version that I can see. At this point I'm starting to doubt that it'll even be released - how hard is it to click that checkbox, release it, and then update and polish later if it's needed. 20% isn't enough without it.

Any month year now. It's belleza after all, they updated to bento like 1 year after everyone else did (and still got it wrong). BoM update - even longer.

And yeah, 20% off is not enough given how expensive it is and so many alternatives now. I didn't expect them to do any sale, given the release window/event ended less than a month ago, so it's better than nothing at all. However Maitreya, Legacy, Kupra are all 50% off now, Reborn 25% off.  One would think they'd try to catch up a bit for the super slow start, but nope.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

At the Belleza sim I found a total of I think two outfits I liked ... a dress from Just Because and one formal gown, the other clothes look too "edgy/Kawaii/revealing" for me. I need capris, jeans, nice sweaters from Dead Doll, some Valentina E dresses, COCO, some of Seniha and certainly the cooler brands like Ecru, Neve, and especially Mimikri supporting it way more than they are. And how does one go about paying for at least 15 pairs of heels and shoes to get a good basic start on the footwear department. And then there's body jewellery. Sigh.

I did demo the body again and like the look though.

Unfortunately, I'd need a whole lot more than that, even. The main wardrobe basics would be nice, but then in my case, I'd also need some more foot mod updates (only one type I own has been updated to include Gen X as of now), a mermaid tail update (and so far, they've solely been supporting Maitreya and Legacy F&M, so I'm not expecting a thing), goth/punk/alternative wear, retro outfits, formalwear for a few "glam" avatars, some suits and business casual for others, fantasy clothing and costumes for some looks - and with that, I rely on a lot of cheap costume gacha pieces from the MP and outfits and accessories from places like deviousMind, so zero chance I'll be seeing any body updates anytime soon) - nails from my fav stores, arm and hand mods/claws, rings, body jewelry, rigged necklaces, and more.

As for shoes, I would probably be able to rebuild a decent shoe wardrobe fairly quickly, I think. KC Couture has updated for Gen X. Not sure how many pairs, though. As for my other haunts, Azoury is supporting them, so that takes care of a lot of alternative footwear for me right there, but I don't know how much other stuff they sell now includes them. Azoury is great for body mods.

Long story short - if it's taking this long to see basic wardrobe staples like jeans and sweaters released regularly, I'm certainly not jumping on board to wait for the body to catch on in the fantasy, anthro/furry, and monster market. It'll be a loooooooong wait by the look of it. We can't even get our tails working!

Gen X Classic is really pretty and I quite like it, but Maitreya and Legacy (and occasionally Reborn) are better supported in the markets I regularly shop in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Unfortunately, I'd need a whole lot more than that, even. The main wardrobe basics would be nice, but then in my case, I'd also need some more foot mod updates (only one type I own has been updated to include Gen X as of now), a mermaid tail update (and so far, they've solely been supporting Maitreya and Legacy F&M, so I'm not expecting a thing), goth/punk/alternative wear, retro outfits, formalwear for a few "glam" avatars, some suits and business casual for others, fantasy clothing and costumes for some looks - and with that, I rely on a lot of cheap costume gacha pieces from the MP and outfits and accessories from places like deviousMind, so zero chance I'll be seeing any body updates anytime soon) - nails from my fav stores, arm and hand mods/claws, rings, body jewelry, rigged necklaces, and more.

As for shoes, I would probably be able to rebuild a decent shoe wardrobe fairly quickly, I think. KC Couture has updated for Gen X. Not sure how many pairs, though. As for my other haunts, Azoury is supporting them, so that takes care of a lot of alternative footwear for me right there, but I don't know how much other stuff they sell now includes them. Azoury is great for body mods.

Long story short - if it's taking this long to see basic wardrobe staples like jeans and sweaters released regularly, I'm certainly not jumping on board to wait for the body to catch on in the fantasy, anthro/furry, and monster market. It'll be a loooooooong wait by the look of it. We can't even get our tails working!

Gen X Classic is really pretty and I quite like it, but Maitreya and Legacy (and occasionally Reborn) are better supported in the markets I regularly shop in.

Agreed. The Classic body is nice but it'll be a year before there's enough to buy.

Maybe by then MP will also be updated so that we don't have to wade through 20 exactly the same listings for one skirt that is simply different patterns/colours. Peeve. A girl can dream, no?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Agreed. The Classic body is nice but it'll be a year before there's enough to buy.

Maybe by then MP will also be updated so that we don't have to wade through 20 exactly the same listings for one skirt that is simply different patterns/colours. Peeve. A girl can dream, no?

Unpopular opinion incoming *braces for impact* - there are too many bodies overall. And I'm a person who loves her variety! But yeah, it's...a lot.

Head saturation is becoming much less of an issue now that Evo X is being adopted all over the place. Hell, even monster and creature heads are moving away from using SLUV and custom maps and are being sold with Evo X skin/makeup compatibility. But the clothing/body thing is always going to be a challenge. Great variety, but it's going to be hard to get something 100% universal to fit every type of clothing and avatar on the market. 😩 

It's almost like clothing shopping in real life! What do you MEAN these jeans are a size 12 do you SEE how they're stuck at my hips??? 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Unpopular opinion incoming *braces for impact* - there are too many bodies overall. And I'm a person who loves her variety! But yeah, it's...a lot.

Head saturation is becoming much less of an issue now that Evo X is being adopted all over the place. Hell, even monster and creature heads are moving away from using SLUV and custom maps and are being sold with Evo X skin/makeup compatibility. But the clothing/body thing is always going to be a challenge. Great variety, but it's going to be hard to get something 100% universal to fit every type of clothing and avatar on the market. 😩 

It's almost like clothing shopping in real life! What do you MEAN these jeans are a size 12 do you SEE how they're stuck at my hips??? 😂

Yes, it's pretty bad right now. With all the addons out there, changing outfits has become a chore again. This addon works with this, but not that....but there was an update, so it might....no it doesn't, but now I have to delete all the old versions 😪

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Yes, it's pretty bad right now. With all the addons out there, changing outfits has become a chore again. This addon works with this, but not that....but there was an update, so it might....no it doesn't, but now I have to delete all the old versions 😪

Oh wow yeah, I didn't even think of addons. Reborn's putting in so much work making addons for their own body and they do look really nice, but now you're paying even more attention when shopping - not only "does it support Reborn?" but "and the X mod????"

I imagine shopping for Maze is much the same. 😩

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.