If someone IMs you...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Don't forget the # of hours in the little room behind the wine racks...

I did mention "Under construction" didn't I? At the moment in the house/workshop mesh project that particular room is mostly built, along with its side-rooms for *ahem* "storage of guests" but those side rooms don't have their doors yet, the main door into it is appropriately hidden but the script to allow it to open isn't active yet (can't do that until I finish the other hidden door into the temple) and you cant get there from the main house reliably except with a LM because the experience-teleporter that whisks you between copies of the stairwell is proving a little buggy...

so the only hours in that room are actually mostly spent in blender or wearing a hard-hat (gotta protect my avatar from the occasional "falling physical", yanno) wrangling meshes and scripts....

I'll gladly give you the full tour once the house is built. (with none of the scripts in the hidden areas set to trap mode, unless you ask me to turn that on of course) but don't hold your breath - its a big project and I haven't THAT much time to work on it :(

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

I did mention "Under construction" didn't I? At the moment in the house/workshop mesh project that particular room is mostly built, along with its side-rooms for *ahem* "storage of guests" but those side rooms don't have their doors yet, the main door into it is appropriately hidden but the script to allow it to open isn't active yet (can't do that until I finish the other hidden door into the temple) and you cant get there from the main house reliably except with a LM because the experience-teleporter that whisks you between copies of the stairwell is proving a little buggy...

so the only hours in that room are actually mostly spent in blender or wearing a hard-hat (gotta protect my avatar from the occasional "falling physical", yanno) wrangling meshes and scripts....

I'll gladly give you the full tour once the house is built. (with none of the scripts in the hidden areas set to trap mode, unless you ask me to turn that on of course) but don't hold your breath - its a big project and I haven't THAT much time to work on it :(

Sounds lovely, and :::swoons::: you can do blender! sigh

The forum has always needed more emoticons. I wanted to leave a :D but those have been co-opted for scorn laughs, and not all of your comment deserved a :D. ♥ didn't quite do it. Oh well, we must suffer through.

43 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Most of the time the ringer on my house phone is switched off.

I daresay (assuming) that most people here who have good internet, also have cellphones and did not keep a landline / "house phone".  I know some people who did keep their "house phone", and in most cases it is hooked up to their internet and not the "telephone line".  (I had a reason to keep one years ago for some alarm system, since long gone.)

Anyway, if I had kept my house phone / landline, with 99% certainty any calls on it would be spam. 

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I daresay (assuming) that most people here who have good internet, also have cellphones and did not keep a landline / "house phone".  I know some people who did keep their "house phone", and in most cases it is hooked up to their internet and not the "telephone line".  (I had a reason to keep one years ago for some alarm system, since long gone.)

Anyway, if I had kept my house phone / landline, with 99% certainty any calls on it would be spam. 

It's not exactly a "landline" - it's a digital phone connected to my fibre broadband that has the same landline number as the old landline into this property held while all the previous generations of my family owned the place. (*I* don't "own it" yet, I just live here - when time eventually promotes me to being the senior member of the senior generation, and long may that day be delayed, title will pass to me in a parental units estate.)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

I'll gladly give you the full tour once the house is built. (with none of the scripts in the hidden areas set to trap mode, unless you ask me to turn that on of course) but don't hold your breath - its a big project and I haven't THAT much time to work on it *

*squealz and runs around in circles*

BLENDERR!!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Ever misspelled your own name and get called out on it? In rl? In school? Omg so embarrassing. Most of my friends have learned my internet language, I think they study typonese.

No but... my RL name is Lewis L... (something else) and one day at work I absent-mindedly signed a bunch of letters to customers with "Lewis Luminos" instead of my RL name. Fortunately I noticed before anyone else did, or before I posted them, so they all went in the shredder and I had to reprint them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

In the next couple of years, when I sneak into my 7th decade - hopefully without anyone noticing - I'll thank you for that... I think :)

*does the maths*

*realises that I reach the same milestone in 4 years*

*realises that if you count "decades" as absolutes, like 60s, 70s, 80s etc, then I entered my 7th decade more than 2 years ago.

Joey-Tribbiani-Shocked-Reaction-Friends.

*has a sudden existential crisis*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

No but... my RL name is Lewis L... (something else) and one day at work I absent-mindedly signed a bunch of letters to customers with "Lewis Luminos" instead of my RL name. Fortunately I noticed before anyone else did, or before I posted them, so they all went in the shredder and I had to reprint them.

That’s hilarious and understandable. I do sometimes try to cam around the internet as if I were inworld. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

*does the maths*

*realises that I reach the same milestone in 4 years*

*realises that if you count "decades" as absolutes, like 60s, 70s, 80s etc, then I entered my 7th decade more than 2 years ago.

Joey-Tribbiani-Shocked-Reaction-Friends.

*has a sudden existential crisis*

Frightening, isn't it? OR not, if you are prepared to stick a finger in the universe's eye and tell it to bog off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Frightening, isn't it? OR not, if you are prepared to stick a finger in the universe's eye and tell it to bog off.

The weird thing is, I don't really feel any older now than I did when I was 30. Provided that I'm not trying to sit on the floor, or get up from it. I'm not agile enough for that any more.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I think you just won the day's "you know when you've spent too much time in SL when you..." contest. :)

ETA: Zomg! That's gonna go in as a topic! TY Lewis!

/me gets to typing (more)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.