Road repairs complete

Abnor Mole

48 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

the north-western extension to Route 8 in Satori has started

Wowowowow!! XD I just transversed the newly cut future road parcel; it's surrunded mostly by land abadoned the 17th. As "project land" it goes south to the edge of Vampire and further to the south, on Strigoiu it’s named just "project". It then curves to east and goes through to the est edge of Incubus. All these are straight-line parcel edges and the newer ones are ider than road parcels usually are.

From Incubus it's possible to offroad to both Heffalump (Route 8C) and Johannie (Old Waggon Road, and from there to Route 8A, at Kurkenbrai/113/138), mostly through abadoned land and also some owned parcels which have mostly uncluttered surfaces with even slopes and no banlines.

Looking at these developments very interested and hopeful. And thankful!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

A new possible Mainland road was proposed, to link the Jeogeot road network to the Linden Ocean, connecting southermost Bellisseria (region Seaweed Hair, southeast corner) to the Northern Spur Road (Dotoorak/236,35, 25). It would/will cross through a maze of interconnected abandoned parcels, between regions Dotoorak and Mooloruem, though Yeolmae and Saeneul. If you’d like to support this proposal go to https://feedback.secondlife.com/ldpw/p/access-road-to-northern-spur-road-in-jeogeot (only premium accounts can comment).

Here are maps of the proposed road, cropped and in wider context (cyan for abandoned land, green for LL protected land):

NJeogeot(crop).thumb.png.93a4f9cdb437428bd9ef69c80cdc89d8.png

I had trouble visualizing this without an even broader context with some of the blanks filled in. This is super rough hand-drawn in the snipping tool, but maybe shows generally where this is:

image.thumb.png.defdbd0d08b109b71c618ec13370a3b1.png

• Like 3

@4lice Cerise

Actually, the top continent is named Gaeta I and the lower being named Corsica.  Gaeta V is the peanut shaped continent to the east of Corsica.

Using the popular ANWR Prim Rig (located between Sansara and Heterocera continents) as inspiration, I did make a request to @Patch Linden on 14th June 2023 that the SS Galaxy be similarly relocated to a new location halfway between Gaeta I and Corsica, being repurposed to partially bridge the 13 region gap between the two unconnected continents.

With a new water passage open and the SS Galaxy relocated, she would truly be "at sea" again. The traffic between the two continents would undoubtably increase and would benefit their economies, as well as increasing SS Galaxy's visitor numbers and usage too.

Galaxymoveidea.thumb.jpg.61f9e95549209d7beb6ffb67ed739afa.jpg

In reply to my idea, Patch basically said no while also inventing a convoluted fish story excuse about SS Galaxy being too fragile to move again.

Sadly, SS Galaxy presently still sits neglected and forgotton out of the public conciousness off the west coast of Bellisseria where no one visits or passes through. And the continents of Gaeta I and Corsica still remain separated.

A real shame. Sigh.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1

Looking at the unfinished Gaeta I makes me sad. My first ever parcel was on Gaeta V and I learned about the continents from living there, seeing that unloved little island across the water made me sad and it still does.

Finish the continents LL and give the Gaeta's some love, they feel very forgotten about.

• Like 1