Road repairs complete

Abnor Mole

The parcels along the new road in Aguilleries that are set for auction are the following sizes:

6 are 1024 m lots.   5 are 2048 m lots.   One is a 2560 m lot. 

All have more abandoned land behind them that could be requested with a support ticket. This is especially useful if buy your land for a group to get the 10% bonus.

These are going to be highly prized parcels, near a protected linden beach with a rez zone and likely a water passage connection to Bellisseria in the future. 

Aruilleriers parcels set for auction - July 10 2022_001.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The parcels along the new road in Aguilleries that are set for auction are the following sizes:

All have more abandoned land behind them that could be requested with a support ticket. This is especially useful if buy your land for a group to get the 10% bonus.

These are going to be highly prized parcels, near a protected linden beach with a rez zone and likely a water passage connection to Bellisseria in the future. 

Of course, the irony for me is... I owned the piece on the edge (protected bit that's not part of the auction) for the better part of the last year. I just recently sold it at a very steep discount because it no longer fit in my portfolio and I'm not much of a land speculator or seller, for that matter. That said... given your point, I sort of wish I had kept it ... probably should have. Oh well :~) Such is life lol. 

image.png.35492832b1c7781487d22bba4565d126.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/10/2022 at 1:39 PM, Alexis Crisp said:

As someone who is a huge lover and promoter of mainland, I am happy to see fixes and improvements outside of the linden homes areas. I truly hope LL continues to focus on the mainland, maybe even modernize some bits of old sculpties (personal wishlist... i know not all agree, but i can wish). Anyway, either way, thank you Moles for all you do 🙂

Fingers crossed for an update to the Sea of Fables (my favorite to sail around in). Would be nice if they meshed it up. Further north in Sansara could also use some updates as they have a large monument with spotlights and all for an award given out in 2009, I believe. Think it is a live singer of the year award.
Linden World right by there is also stuck in time. Great place to sail around too. Lots of open seas and no ban lines!! 
Still fun to explore and see how things were.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 11:37 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

Aruilleriers parcels set for auction - July 10 2022_001.jpg

i like that Linden have done this

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Actually all those parcel have now been sold. Some are being developed. Some are being flipped. All of them now represent paid Premium memberships and tier rather than idle abandoned land.

given the interest Land Linden may do more of this.  Auctioning  parcels next to the roads which are sized to the tier schedule as these were. Which I think will be a good thing

• Like 3

On 7/10/2022 at 6:53 AM, Aethelwine said:

Unless I am missing it the Memorial to Cooter Linden got removed along with the road repairs, the only indication remaining of what was once there a "bridge out" sign under the water, and a few bits of wreckage. 

1760168567_CooterLindenMemorial.jpg.8a1f

Happy to report that it was buried in one of the road supports. Abnor Mole has made it visible again for us to enjoy.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does the LDPW trade or buy land from residents? or do they just wait for it to be abandoned?

I saw today that the parcel where Route 8D intersects with Route 8A is now for sale (and not at a high price). After this parcel there is more abandoned land wide enough for a road nearly all the way to Route 8. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Does the LDPW trade or buy land from residents? or do they just wait for it to be abandoned?

The road network in Satori is incomplete and not properly connected because LL accidentally sold land meant for roads to residents. It may have happened before i joined because i remember 8A in 2008 the road came to an end with a fake tunnel that still exists that goes nowhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The road network in Satori is incomplete and not properly connected because LL accidentally sold land meant for roads to residents. It may have happened before i joined because i remember 8A in 2008 the road came to an end with a fake tunnel that still exists that goes nowhere

There is one tunnel that has a teleporter between the southern end of upper Route 8 and the northern end of Route 8C.  There may be another tunnel too, but I'm not sure if it has a teleporter or not. One touches the lamp outside of the tunnel to get a Map teleport.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

As suggested https://feedback.secondlife.com/ldpw/p/satori-extend-route-8-to-sw here, there is right now a lot of interconnected abandoned land in several regions neighbouring the stump end of Route 8 on http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Soulgiver/147/53 region Soulgiver. On this map, all that abandoned land is colored cyan:

Route8toSW.thumb.png.343d8e7137d1ec1b5bfee2427c33e807.png

Overlaid on the abandoned land you can see a proposed extension to Route 8, making use of the available path through mostly abandoned regions Gnoll and Dakhanavar and snaking forked additions through Vampyre, Succubus, and Ever After, each ending in a new road stub, allowing for future long term extension.

This is a good idea in general, I think, but the fact that there's abandoned land on northeast Oathkeeper right next to the stub end of the road in Soulgiver, which could be gone at any time, makes this an urgent task. If you think this is a good idea, even in a reduced or otherwise modified form, please add a favorable comment in the https://feedback.secondlife.com/ldpw/p/satori-extend-route-8-to-sw discussion.

Edited by 4lice Cerise
borked links, sorry
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Excellent idea. Right now, if you drive Southwest in Soulgiver, you get to a tunnel where a teleport takes you to Ogilvie!

If the road was connected through the abandoned land, the roadside parcels of abandoned land could be sold at auction and drivers would not be forced to teleport.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile, on regions Vampyre, Dakhanavar, Druids Post, Gnoll, and Oathkeeper the large abandoned parcels mapped above were claimed on April 8th and renamed "project land" — a name I have never seen before. As of right now, no route parcels have been cut, but the process seems to be firmly set in motion! 😃

• Like 2

On 5/4/2024 at 4:36 PM, Rufferta said:

in Soulgiver, you get to a tunnel where a teleport takes you to Ogilvie

Yes, and I imagine this solution will be moved from Soulgiver to Vampyre soon, but we seem to all agree (including Lindens and Moles!) that this is not better than to have actual roads.

If I remember correctly there were several such pairs of fake tunnel portals with guided teleportation, especially on Satori, which were more or less recently replaced with actual roads, namely Ellingson / Aragonese, and on both ends of Dammastock.

Meanwhile at the end of Route 8B on Camazotz, the parcel at Heffalump/247/79 showcases much of what’s wrong about the way so many common areas in Mainland are to be experienced due to choices by renting residents.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

If I remember correctly there were several such pairs of fake tunnel portals with guided teleportation, especially on Satori, which were more or less recently replaced with actual roads, namely Ellingson / Aragonese, and on both ends of Dammastock.

Oh, good. Those teleport tunnels were awful. Avatars only, no vehicles. Kind of missed the point of roads.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Meanwhile at the end of Route 8B on Camazotz, the parcel at Heffalump/247/79 showcases much of what’s wrong about the way so many common areas in Mainland are to be experienced due to choices by renting residents.

Are you complaining about their build being ugly, or about it being in the way of your dream for more strips of barely used tarmac textured prim waste.

If it's about it being ugly, why not pick on the 240 m high collection of black eggs, making a "cave complex", a few dozen metres away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the result of the recent Rt8A link-up. Lots of interest in land sales, and at least one town square kind of build that's over 2/3 of a region in size. Previously abandoned land auctioned and paying tier, and bought or set for sale.

Again, all of this interest in building new places is a direct result of the moles completing the last mainland road extension project.

rt8link.png

• Like 5