Delete me.

Quistess Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't resist trying to do things I probably shouldn't do.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
Specifically, I want to see if I can say swear words like ***** and ***** without the forum software catching on. Evidently I can't. Neat.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I deleted my first account. I had the same problem.

Mistakes were made, and I was hanging out with entirely the wrong people. I've since learned better.

However, if you find throwing toilets to be difficult to resist, I have something you'd totally wanna be deleted over. Totally not trying to tempt you, either.

Honest.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I deleted my first account. I had the same problem.

Er, by "Me" I was talking about this forum thread, not my account. definitely not giving that up any time soon, I still have 11 months or so of premium pre-paid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Er, by "Me" I was talking about this forum thread, not my account. definitely not giving that up any time soon, I still have 11 months or so of premium pre-paid.

If you want your thread deleted, report the thread and in the "reason" enter, "please delete".

• Like 2

On 7/3/2022 at 2:33 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Oy, wot! Thas' cheatin, innit?

If you wack yourself incidentally with a hammer on your thumb, I guess you will use your native tongue to trough out some appropriate spells.
Swearing in your native language isn't cheating IMHO.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's too bad, it's one of our only tools!

what gets bad for me, I'm sitting here bouncing between my board and this board and coming back and looking for moderation tools lol, then having to face paws a few times before I remember I'm not on my board lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do we know if swearing is filtered on DM's? We could attempt a DM swearing contest and see! 

heh, from what I'm aware as I've never seen a forum software do what people think they can do, even being root on the server and full admin on the forums, I could never see any ones private messages,  so with that being said.  let us know XD

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yes it is !

It would be cool if some AI replaced insults with something like, "I respect you and appreciate your posts.  Thank you for participating!"

Not that I would ever substitute such things for insulting someone.  Nope!  I am just  being nicer lately while trying to recognize other's differences.

I am teh nies gie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

heh, from what I'm aware as I've never seen a forum software do what people think they can do, even being root on the server and full admin on the forums, I could never see any ones private messages,  so with that being said.  let us know XD

I figure LL wouldn't let Moles (who are contract employees) see private messages. Usually in corporate settings, only IT people (and if there is a problem maybe HR) can see private messages).

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I figure LL wouldn't let Moles (who are contract employees) see private messages. Usually in corporate settings, only IT people (and if there is a problem maybe HR) can see private messages).

I've never seen a forum software able to show private messages even to the owners of the board and I have ran many different boards over the years and tries many different forum types. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 4:20 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Please delete me, let me go
For I don't love you anymore
To waste our lives would be a sin
Release me and let me love again

- Englebert Humperdinck, "Release Me" (modified lyric)

Quiz question:
What stage name did Englebert Humperdink use before he took on the name, Englebert Humperdink?

(I'm old and I remember him performing with his previous stage name :) )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Quiz question:
What stage name did Englebert Humperdink use before he took on the name, Englebert Humperdink?

(I'm old and I remember him performing with his previous stage name :) )

I see the answer on Wikipedia.  I am amazed the Englebert Hunperdink is a stage name! (I had assumed it was his actual name all this time.)

It's like a progenitor for "Benedict Cumberbatch", which has some hilarious mangled versions in various internet videos.

• Like 1

@Love Zhaoying

Drat! I forgot about looking it up on the web lol.

Englebert Humperdink is the name of a historical person. His agent came found it because Gerry Dorsey wasn't doing all that well at the time. I'd seen him on TV, introduced as a singer who is likely to make it to the top. It was a programme where pop stars introduced singers who they thought would 'make it'. I think it was Adam Faith who introduced him. Probably early 60s.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.