NUX Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As far as I can tell, just the one foot shape and it's flat.  Generally the body looks nice though.  Haven't tried the head yet.

The quality of the clothing is quite low in my opinion.  Sure it would suffice but these are not going to make new people look like everyone else.  Also WTH putting a Senra logo on the tank top.

• Like 2

I...

Yeah, that's all I've got.

Question though - is it just me (and it could very well just be me...SL's been hating me this last few days) or do the items not show as worn? Or maybe that's just normal Library behavior? It's very possible to just wear things over and over because it doesn't turn bold and the context menu doesn't change to say Remove. Just Add or Wear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I...

Question though - is it just me (and it could very well just be me...SL's been hating me this last few days) or do the items not show as worn? Or maybe that's just normal Library behavior? It's very possible to just wear things over and over because it doesn't turn bold and the context menu doesn't change to say Remove. Just Add or Wear.

I copied the entire folder to my inventory using right click and "Copy", then pasting it into a top level folder.

I don't think things work well when trying to use them directly from the Library.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I...

They don't show as worn unless you go to the worn tab. 

• Like 3

I...

When you add things from the library they are transferred to regular inventory.

• Like 5

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

I copied the entire folder to my inventory using right click and "Copy", then pasting it into a top level folder.

I don't think things work well when trying to use them directly from the Library.

IIRC, once something from the library is worn and removed, it used to show up in the regular inventory?

• Like 4

Just now, Hunny Bunny said:

When you add things from the library they are transferred to regular inventory.

It's going to be confusing for new people since we usually tell.people to right click.something that is worn and remove/detach.  You can't do this from the library nor can you right click and edit a shape from library.  I was even confused for a moment.

• Like 3

Just in passing: Blake is a beefy guy. Push many of the sliders all the way down and he's still got plenty of padding, so he's definitely no threat to CZ Slim, for example. On the other hand, his arms are way more realistically proportioned than Jake's, so I think an alt will find some use for this body.

(Not sure why I thought he might share some lineage with the Slink Physique model, but no hint of that so far; that was probably daft anyway.)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

IMO, they should just move the entire folder up to system folder level.

New users are almost certainly going to have all the folders already copied into their inventories. That's how new avatars are generally set up and have been for many years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I hope people show pics of what can be done with the new avatars.  I can't get inworld to play with it, yet.

With the insidious guidance of XENOS the omnipotent AI, the army of darkness prepares to descend upon the unsuspecting populace of Second Life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I hope people show pics of what can be done with the new avatars.  I can't get inworld to play with it, yet.

Does it come with mix and match clothes?  What skin tones does it have?  What do the shapes look like?

Mix and match, yes. Some appear to be branded with the Senra name/logo. Crop tops, hoodies, sweats, jeans, dresses, skirts, shorts, tees, tanks, polos, business.

6 different skin tones. Unfortunately, it looks like the makeup is applied to the skins.

Eyebrows and eyes included in a bunch of colors - natural and non.

A variety of shapes. Mostly kinda skinny. I see a few trying to add some curves, but I wasn't fond of the result.

BOM nails. One foot state (flat). A few different styles of shoes are included.

Some hairstyles ranging from BOM hairbases to long hair.

AO included with stands and a walk. I haven't yeeted her off the side yet to see if there are falling and flying anims or anything (yet).

Edit: Anyone find a dev kit yet? Or does that come later?

Edit Edit: Just threw her off the side of my photo platform. She's not winning any style points there, so a custom AO might be in order if you want more detailed animations. The walk is also...a thing.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A quickie edit of the shape (#2 I think), with library skins, hair, and clothing.

https://gyazo.com/41bcde7a275ff7c90405b8c73df3689b

Not great.

Now, re-edited shape, but with Session skins and Magika hair

https://gyazo.com/e9c9ae8e839b45bad95a7879b3c81209

These are not great out of the box, but as starters to which you can slowly add stuff, they're quite usable.

I haven't checked out Blake, but Jaime's body is really not half bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Does anyone else think it strange that these were just plopped into the Library without any kind of blog entry/press release announcement at the same time?  Why wouldn't they?  It seems the simplest thing to wait until both blog post and deliverables are ready to be deployed before doing either.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.