To All The Moms...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Between my birth mother and a couple stepmothers, all either dead or not communicating with me (liking my Facebook posts doesn't count), I'm not celebrating this year. Each had their own levels of "worse"! 

Well then, be a "Mom" to someone else?

You can do it, Love!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Between my birth mother and a couple stepmothers, all either dead or not communicating with me (liking my Facebook posts doesn't count), I'm not celebrating this year. Each had their own levels of "worse"! 

That's sad and I understand your pain...here's a couple of cards to help.

PS I do like Maddy's advice -- ...the bad moms can teach us to be good people....sometimes even better people than having a good mom might have.  In due time, of course.  

Mothers Day Boundaries.jpg

Mothers Day Wrong Name.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

A mother mouse and a baby mouse are walking along when suddenly a cat attacks them.

The mother mouse shouts “BARK!” and the cat runs away.

“See?” the mother mouse says to her baby. “Now do you see why it’s important to learn a foreign language?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My Father doesn't like Mothers day.. I mean us making a big deal about him.. It reminds him of my old mother..Once we found that out we stopped.

We let him know how special he is all the time anyways.. He's never really been a holiday person..

Myself, I've already been woken up with hugs and kisses from all the men in the house.. They have something in the works, because the little one can't stop looking in the room at me without bursting a smile.. I can tell he's wanting to tell me.. 

That right there is all I want.. Just those cute moments I can remember later..

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oops, forgot I've still got Durga, Kali, Saraswati, Lakshmi..

I'm not sure one ever 'gets over' not having a good mother. Of course we'd have to define what 'gets over' means.

Regarding not having a mother, or about any loss in general, I just try to keep a tear in one eye and a twinkle in the other.

• Like 3

It's a day late that I saw this thread and took a peek.  Thanks @Madelaine McMasters and everyone else who has a mother or is a mother.

I survived mother's day by taking my sister and my daughter out to dinner and a movie.  We watched the marvel comics version of an ode to motherhood AKA Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. 

I had a great mom but she's been gone for a while now.   I miss her.  I'm not so sure I was a good mom, I tried to be, but I feel like I failed.  At least I'm not a hamster.  image.png.cde2d6aa3605b5d8bdd9a51021c56810.png

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.