Extremely disappointed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got excited when I saw that I could actually get a last name and maybe even the first name that I really wanted. But wait! You can't change your name unless you become a "member" Yeah Ok worth it! Then I go to the change name page... But wait!!! On top of paying $12 a month to have a membership, you ALSO have to pay an additional $39.99 to actually change your name.. What a ripoff.

Great big sigh, I could have spent that $12 on lindens and bought a nice outfit.

Cancel my membership for nothin, enjoy my $12 LindenLabs, clearly you need it more than I

Vyolet (the name she wishes she had)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

They really should give someone switching to premium one free name change or at least the ones that go annually..

Either way, you will still be premium until next month. You may want to look at some of the things in their perks list to see if you will want to use them for the next month..

There is one that will let you into sim events that are packed, where basic accounts have to wait.. It comes in handy at times..

There are premium sandboxes and other stuff..

Might as well have a look since you have the options for the next month. :)

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, VyoletSugar said:

True but I haven't even gotten that yet, did visit the house will need that $300 to get furniture

And for first time premium members a bonus L$1,000 after a few weeks. You can buy land at auction and get a nice parcel. If it's under 1024 square meters you don't have to pay extra for land usage.

• Like 2

Doesn't even mention name changes when they list premium perks since it isn't yet the cost is the first thing mentioned in the FAQ about name changes.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000155068-changing-your-username-faq/

How much does it cost to change my username?

For Premium customers, it costs USD $39.99 to change a username. Basic account holders are not eligible for a username change.

• Like 2

They should let you have *one* free, since the new "Resident" account is like a demo, then charge you through the nose after.

You get one free if you sign up as premium, but if you sign up free you have to pay premium and $40, so a perk of joining premium should be a single name change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

And for first time premium members a bonus L$1,000 after a few weeks.

not with only a on month subscription, it has to be 45 days continue membership.

And... only with the first subscription, if that one ends after a month it's gone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VyoletSugar said:

I got excited when I saw that I could actually get a last name and maybe even the first name that I really wanted. But wait! You can't change your name unless you become a "member" Yeah Ok worth it! Then I go to the change name page... But wait!!! On top of paying $12 a month to have a membership, you ALSO have to pay an additional $39.99 to actually change your name.. What a ripoff.

Great big sigh, I could have spent that $12 on lindens and bought a nice outfit.

Cancel my membership for nothin, enjoy my $12 LindenLabs, clearly you need it more than I

Vyolet (the name she wishes she had)

Can we have your stuff?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Sooo...keep it going..? You can actually renew your premium status monthly, or quarterly, or even annually.

yes, but nobody said anything about that. The OP ends the premium after one month, and as so nót get the sign up bonus. 

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, VyoletSugar said:

True but I haven't even gotten that yet, did visit the house will need that $300 to get furniture

If you don't plan on staying premium, don't bother decorating your Linden home since it goes with premium membership.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

You skipped out on the L$1,000 bonus? 

Already was premium before so I wasn't getting it again. This was on an alt. Besides...L$1000 is $5.00 US Dollars. Not really worth paying premium just to get that. 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How many times do I have to say it?  I already got the bonus once when she was premium 2 years ago. I wasn't going to get it again.

So your alt was premium already 2 years ago. You don't make things particularly clear. Changing your replies to make it look like you did? You clearly missed the point about first time premium users and the bonus. First time premium users get the bonus after 45 days of premium membership, so for a first time premium users to only be premium for one month makes no sense. Now buh bye

Edited by Charalyne Blackwood
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

You skipped out on the L$1,000 bonus? 

You'd end up spending more to keep the premium for 2 months including stipend, than the bonus is worth.  You get 3400L/$15.66 and spend $24 for 2 mths premium.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.