Game of Houses - Who's Won?

Risk Nebula

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Elena Core said:

I guess we all feel a bit the same, the early days of Bellisseria were the most fun. The community is not what it used to be, and some of us have either returned to RL or Mainland, but the houses are still there, as well as the friends we made

+ 1

An experience was the right word for it. I remember saying more than once that I should stay in Bellisseria the rest of my SL.

But I miss "the" house I let go. Now I think about what other add-on I would have there, and how I would have arranged the garden now. I instantly regret it when it was gone.

Would I feel elated, joyful and keep it for ever if I got it back, or is so precious now because I don't have it? Would it be ho-hum if I suddenly had it?

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Would I feel elated, joyful and keep it for ever if I got it back, or is so precious now because I don't have it? Would it be ho-hum if I suddenly had it?

that is THE question!!!! It is innate to the human condition to want what we don't have, so I personally won't risk it. I passed on my Trad to a friend of mine because I was never there, but then I missed it terribly; thankfully, I've got it back, and now I'm keeping foreeeeeeeever, because there are not many spots like this one left:

cf.thumb.jpg.184c8272d8e7d5a8856a88dda9fdcf9c.jpg

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 14

I always go back and forth ...   own mainland for awhile,  get tired of paying the extra for something only I see/visit....   go back to just having a Linden Home,   shuffle thru them from time to time hoping to find a really good one - that has yet to happen....

Then I go back and spend money on mainland...   think about renting from someone instead but - don't want to give up premium (not sure why)......

me = perpetually undecided

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

+ 1

An experience was the right word for it. I remember saying more than once that I should stay in Bellisseria the rest of my SL.

But I miss "the" house I let go. Now I think about what other add-on I would have there, and how I would have arranged the garden now. I instantly regret it when it was gone.

Only one way to know.  Was that Humansville?   Not really my cup of tea (tho I love the natural stairway there), but let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm hopping again.  I see that one or two of the ones that have changed hands since 2019 have never been furnished, perhaps it's one of those.  If so, there's hope.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

that is THE question!!!! It is innate to the human condition to want what we don't have, so I personally won't risk it. I passed on my Trad to a friend of mine because I was never there, but then I missed it terribly; thankfully, I've got it back, and now I'm keeping foreeeeeeeever, because there are not many spots like this one left:

cf.thumb.jpg.184c8272d8e7d5a8856a88dda9fdcf9c.jpg

I coveted your home when I was in the neighborhood. No matter how much I love a place (remember the saga of my beloved Deckard?) I can’t seem to stay. The irony is that I can’t motivate myself to move in RL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have my main and an alt with premium accounts.  It took me quite a while to find what I consider to be my main's permanent Vic home (on a river, dead-end street, pretty bridges nearby, and a stone's throw from the sea), but I didn't play GoH to get it.  I don't see myself leaving for Newbrooke.  My alt has the stilt-on-pier at the northernmost point of stiltlandia. I'm not giving up that spot because it's a great place to sit and relax (and the neighbors are never home).   I've had trads and logs, but they never really felt like home. 

• Like 5

Listen, I wrote this thread far too late at night and apparently forgot that puns, rhymes, and fantasy novels existed...

Thank you for all the great responses, btw! Even if some of y'all are tempting me into getting more premium accounts.

• Like 4

I "won" Game of Homes in April 2021 when I rolled this perfect Trad on a beach in Fofita, just a short hop away from the Fairgrounds. 

51577967872_8497fae8ca_b.jpg

This leaves me with a bit of a dilemma - I don't have any Premium alts and there are two themes to go, so unless I give up this house, I won't get the content packs for the next two themes. Is it worth the cost of even 1 month of Premium just to get the content packs? I think not.

• Like 11

I couldn't even say what my dream house is.  I like the stilt houses best but I hate the (lack of) landscaping. I really wanted to like the Chalets (I have German ancestry after all) but I never caught a location that really appealed to me. Trads houses are too small, Fantasy ones are too big. I keep going back to the Logs so I suspect my dream house is in there somewhere. Or a Chalet right next to the main river.

• Like 7

@MaitimoI am your new neighbour here (I've had boats here before but the more I think about it the more I want to stay this time), everything that says "Bellisseria" to me and this is just from a personal perspective is on view - the fairgrounds, the ferry, the lighthouses, trads and houseboats. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chloe Bunny said:

@MaitimoI am your new neighbour here (I've had boats here before but the more I think about it the more I want to stay this time), everything that says "Bellisseria" to me and this is just from a personal perspective is on view - the fairgrounds, the ferry, the lighthouses, trads and houseboats. 

Then lands another stunning houseboat and dilemma starts! 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

I always go back and forth ...   own mainland for awhile,  get tired of paying the extra for something only I see/visit....   go back to just having a Linden Home,   shuffle thru them from time to time hoping to find a really good one - that has yet to happen....

Then I go back and spend money on mainland...   think about renting from someone instead but - don't want to give up premium (not sure why)......

me = perpetually undecided

I do this too I think I was on a quest at one point for a community to join that was more focused than Bellisseria - I found some good ones and some ones which were not a good fit but then the one I thought was an excellent fit I was pushed out by means of bullying. I wish there was some way to deal with issues surrounding bullying in online communities it can be so subtle but easy to fall prey to and so damaging. In the end I realised it was better to focus more on my RL communities and accept the Bellisseria community is as it is. I've made some great friends through Linden Homes and I can't quite drop them altogether they are too much fun at the end of the day. Have a lovely piece of mainland too not sure what to do with it right now. With the world as it is I would rather claw back some of my £ and limit my virtual escape time. Keeping one Linden Home only. 

• Like 10

I've won, again and again, lovely well situated homes from all the themes. I keep a houseboat, a traditional and a log home because I love them. But my love in SL is very transient and fleeting. Before you know it, I'll be rolling the dice again. Its just as well I have never been to Vegas, I cannot resist, just another roll 🙄

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I do this too I think I was on a quest at one point for a community to join that was more focused than Bellisseria - I found some good ones and some ones which were not a good fit but then the one I thought was an excellent fit I was pushed out by means of bullying. I wish there was some way to deal with issues surrounding bullying in online communities it can be so subtle but easy to fall prey to and so damaging. In the end I realised it was better to focus more on my RL communities and accept the Bellisseria community is as it is. I've made some great friends through Linden Homes and I can't quite drop them altogether they are too much fun at the end of the day. Have a lovely piece of mainland too not sure what to do with it right now. With the world as it is I would rather claw back some of my £ and limit my virtual escape time. Keeping one Linden Home only. 

I am sorry to hear of your experience with bullying.  It's been around forever,  and I fear - as long as there are humans on earth - will not go away completely.  

{{ sending hugsss }}

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 5:43 PM, Chloe Bunny said:

I am sorry to hear of your experiences. I have experienced similar, not in Bellisseria, but in a university group I was part of in SL a long time ago now. The worst thing for me was the one person I thought of as a friend was using alts to lead the bullying. Once I realised that, it was easy to just extricate myself from the lot of them. And like you did, I concentrated more on my RL community which made me realise very quickly how irrelevant to me these people were. I did enact a kind of revenge by alerting the university of what was going on (I was driven more by ensuring no more students had the experience I and others had, than revenge) and their 'community' was removed. The teaching sites are still there but the 'housing' for students was soon removed. There were actually only the handful of bullies left using that space anyway, due to the behaviour of these mean spirited, little people. Once I moved on, like you, I just have fun in SL and I enjoy it more than ever. Can't say I trust anyone though lol but that's not a problem for me.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I am sorry to hear of your experiences. I have experienced similar, not in Bellisseria, but in a university group I was part of in SL a long time ago now. The worst thing for me was the one person I thought of as a friend was using alts to lead the bullying. Once I realised that, it was easy to just extricate myself from the lot of them. And like you did, I concentrated more on my RL community which made me realise very quickly how irrelevant to me these people were. I did enact a kind of revenge by alerting the university of what was going on (I was driven more by ensuring no more students had the experience I and others had, than revenge) and their 'community' was removed. The teaching sites are still there but the 'housing' for students was soon removed. There were actually only the handful of bullies left using that space anyway, due to the behaviour of these mean spirited, little people. Once I moved on, like you, I just have fun in SL and I enjoy it more than ever. Can't say I trust anyone though lol but that's not a problem for me.

Alts to lead the bullying - that is the major problem for me. One person can be several personalities. Sorry to hear of your experience - apologies for slight de rail of the thread!!!

• Like 6

On 3/1/2022 at 12:02 PM, Chloe Bunny said:

Just what I liked about Humansville! I could see the Mole ferry leave the lighthouse. Argh. Plus they little island that suddenly was rising from the sea. I made some old thread about it back then. It was a special home for those that won some charity thing they paid for? I forgot what.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:49 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Only one way to know.  Was that Humansville?   Not really my cup of tea (tho I love the natural stairway there), but let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm hopping again.  I see that one or two of the ones that have changed hands since 2019 have never been furnished, perhaps it's one of those.  If so, there's hope.

I sent you a PM ;)

• Like 2

I do not like hedges because they blocked my view... but an over the ground pool let me look over the hedges.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/49253443986/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/49253443871/in/photostream/

I never lived in the Traditionals, but in add-ons and garden fix-its. I liked to have furniture in the small rooms, but that was all. Maybe the Traditionals will be upgraded with different wall colors and no inner walls. It is promised, is it not? ... in the future. The original landscaping in Old Bellisseria will be much more popular with a facelift for the Traditionals.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.