Aesthetic: Maybe we are too hard on the creators?

HeathcliffMontague

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On my beloved Elwwod bike. Yes that Elwood guy . No I don't usually ride topless :) 

Do NOT recoomend naked MC biking. Not because of the burns, but because of added scripts from, well, down where you know.

I usually look friendlier too :) AES (Aesthetic): Maybe we are too hard on the creators? Like L&B who go out or their way to give us great textures and make us less weird and template based? Lennox plus L&B teamwork, is that possible? :)

Totally deformed shoulders. Traps out of proportion. Arms actually look great.El_002.thumb.png.fa77d287e5a2cdaa93f9336f6ed5808b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

On my beloved Elwwod bike. Yes that Elwood guy . No I don't usually ride topless :) 

Do NOT recoomend naked MC biking. Not because of the burns, but because of added scripts from, well, down where you know.

I usually look friendlier too :) AES (Aesthetic): Maybe we are too hard on the creators? Like L&B who go out or their way to give us great textures and make us less weird and template based? Lennox plus L&B teamwork, is that possible? :)

Totally deformed shoulders. Traps out of proportion. Arms actually look great.El_002.thumb.png.fa77d287e5a2cdaa93f9336f6ed5808b.png

I understand, there's certain poses i just cannot make because of how they deform shoulders, wrists, hips, etc...

• Like 3

Sometimes criticisms of creators can go too far and become whiny or cruel.  Sometimes the criticisms of creators are well deserved.  The shoulders on my Lara body are somehow wrong.  I can't pinpoint what bugs me, but I usually wear at least a short-sleeved shirt to hide them.  Sometimes the creators of those short-sleeved shirts still get it wrong. Then there is the mismatch of head and body skins by the same creator or textures on clothes or vehicles that don't line up. 

Sometimes the mismatch of colors and textures or use of sliders to fix shape imperfections is my own fault for not knowing how it all works.

11 years in SL and I still find new things to learn, but yes, sometimes it is the creators.  Sometimes it is the limitations of the platform and the tools.  Sometimes it is me.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

Well, to be fair, that body is horribly outdated with no update planned.  I'm actually surprised anyone creates for it anymore.  

It was definitely popular when it arrived on the scene.  I think men enjoyed the 'everything included' aspect.  Since then, there are more options for men and they've taken advantage of that fact.  Most men don't like looking just like every other man with the body/head combo.

If the creator would actually update it to be in line with other mesh bodies, perhaps more items would be made for it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Well, to be fair, that body is horribly outdated with no update planned.  I'm actually surprised anyone creates for it anymore.  

It was definitely popular when it arrived on the scene.  I think men enjoyed the 'everything included' aspect.  Since then, there are more options for men and they've taken advantage of that fact.  Most men don't like looking just like every other man with the body/head combo.

If the creator would actually update it to be in line with other mesh bodies, perhaps more items would be made for it.

What Charalyne Blackwood said is right, I don't see why you have to mortify someone who doesn't feel the need to upgrade his avatar to a new marketing standard that has nothing to do with the SL mechanics.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

This is probably the correct answer.

I have the body and it is good. With effort, it can look unique and fairly nice. The permissions on it are great. It actually already even has bento support, at least in the hands.

If the head had been kept up to date and BOM used for more layers, it might still be a contender.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

This is probably the correct answer.

I have the body and it is good. With effort, it can look unique and fairly nice. The permissions on it are great. It actually already even has bento support, at least in the hands.

If the head had been kept up to date and BOM used for more layers, it might still be a contender.

The problem is just that the author of the motorcycle did not take into account the position of the handlebars and the pose he applied.
It doesn't seem very difficult to understand, unless you are doing some kind of marketing and have no other options.

22 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

The problem is just that the author of the motorcycle did not take into account the position of the handlebars and the pose he applied.
It doesn't seem very difficult to understand, unless you are doing some kind of marketing and have no other options.

it's not the OP's what the discussion is about but that badly supported, fugly looking mesh shell what is worn.
It also has a bad name because the brains of many wearers are in another part that has to be bought seperatly.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's not the OP's what the discussion is about but that badly supported, fugly looking mesh shell what is worn.
It also has a bad name because the brains of many wearers are in another part that has to be bought seperatly.

Certainly if an author uses a cheap pose to awkwardly glue it to his product then he doesn't have to complain if his product is deemed to be of poor quality.
So I think the playful OP thread is interesting anyway.
Then I belong to another club completely disconnected from yours.
I am an author and I see things in a more practical way.
I leave the interpretation to you.
Maybe I would like to know the brand of the motorcycle, just to waste 5 minutes looking at what is on display in the shop and maybe find that his attitude is better in another type of creation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tama Suki said:

What Charalyne Blackwood said is right, I don't see why you have to mortify someone who doesn't feel the need to upgrade his avatar to a new marketing standard that has nothing to do with the SL mechanics.

I was referring to his comment about creators not making clothing for it with nice textures and such.  The body itself has a few issues but with some editing, can look very nice.  It's just outdated so probably not worth it for creators to make items for it.  

As to the pose, of course, each body works differently with a pose.  Some look better than other but my comment was not addressing that.  Only the lack of good clothing options.  It's an old body.  That's a fact.  It's not been updated in any way to bring it up to current standards.  That's a fact.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

From a "looks" perspective, it is really up to the target audience to like and enjoy the Aesthetic mesh body.

From a technology perspective, the Aesthetic body needs to be updated, otherwise it will become a relic of the past.

From a support/commercial perspective, the success of the body will drive the creators' decision to support it or not. It is simply a matter of market forces at work.

I've seen awesome looking avatars using Aesthetic, where you can tell the people really put effort into making them unique and pleasant looking. I have nothing against the body and the people who wear it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was referring to his comment about creators not making clothing for it with nice textures and such.  The body itself has a few issues but with some editing, can look very nice.  It's just outdated so probably not worth it for creators to make items for it.  

As to the pose, of course, each body works differently with a pose.  Some look better than other but my comment was not addressing that.  Only the lack of good clothing options.  It's an old body.  That's a fact.  It's not been updated in any way to bring it up to current standards.  That's a fact.

Really Rowan, believe me, I don't want to be trolling or being rude.
I thought we were talking about a product, the motorcycle, which was built badly and to which a pose was applied in the wrong way.
Otherwise I don't really know what we are talking about.
So now I prefer to disconnect since I'm out of place as usual.

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The Aesthetic body does not use the SLuv. It would be near impossible for it to be brought up to BOM standards without a complete over haul. They are currently working on new bodies as we speak.

On that note, Slink has fully updated and continues to update their bodies. Which were the first on the scene, might I add. Yet clothing for them has fallen by the wayside. It is always about the new shiny. Right now that is Inithium. Who knows what it will be next year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The Aesthetic body does not use the SLuv. It would be near impossible for it to be brought up to BOM standards without a complete over haul. They are currently working on new bodies as we speak.

On that note, Slink has fully updated and continues to update their bodies. Which were the first on the scene, might I add. Yet clothing for them has fallen by the wayside. It is always about the new shiny. Right now that is Inithium. Who knows what it will be next year. 

I wouldn't be surprised if LSL was a Python implementation.
Perhaps a connection could be created between electrified neurons and the organic cerebral cortex.
Something like being your toy's toy.

download (1).jpeg

Edited by Tama Suki
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Really Rowan, believe me, I don't want to be trolling or being rude.
I thought we were talking about a product, the motorcycle, which was built badly and to which a pose was applied in the wrong way.
Otherwise I don't really know what we are talking about.
So now I prefer to disconnect since I'm out of place as usual.

The OP said this...

3 hours ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

Like L&B who go out or their way to give us great textures and make us less weird and template based? Lennox plus L&B teamwork, is that possible

L&B is a clothing store.  Not sure about Lennox.  Most things I've seen made for this body are all different iterations of the same few templates.  L&B being one of the few stores who actually rigged their own creations for the body.  It's a lot of work for someone to create for a body that less and less people are using.   

When Belleza failed to update in a timely manner, many stores stopped support for it.  I also see less and less made for Genus heads.  People DO want the latest and greatest and stores supply items to go with those.  It's the way of the world, not just SL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The OP said this...

L&B is a clothing store.  Not sure about Lennox.  Most things I've seen made for this body are all different iterations of the same few templates.  L&B being one of the few stores who actually rigged their own creations for the body.  It's a lot of work for someone to create for a body that less and less people are using.   

When Belleza failed to update in a timely manner, many stores stopped support for it.  I also see less and less made for Genus heads.  People DO want the latest and greatest and stores supply items to go with those.  It's the way of the world, not just SL.

What I read is very interesting.
I also know that the turnover in these parts is not bad.
I am amazed that only a few professionals try to exploit this market.
I still can't figure out what's wrong.
But perhaps the world is still too young to take the metaverse seriously.
For sure I know that Zuck and his NFT junk won't survive.

19 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I have not noticed much clothing support for Inithium Kario so far. I like that it is BOM - thus reducing complexity - and the concept of 2-bodies-in-1. But on this thread [New for Men], Kario has been bashed into oblivion.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

I have not noticed much clothing support for Inithium Kario so far. I like that it is BOM - thus reducing complexity - and the concept of 2-bodies-in-1. But on this thread [New for Men], Kario has been bashed into oblivion.

Try taking a quick look on the MP for it.. 1074 pieces of apparel atm.. 

And yes, it should be bashed into oblivion, the muscles are wrong, just plain wrong. Humans aren't built like that. And the nipples!!! Dear gods they enter the room a day before the body does. The standard shape it comes with is over 8 feet tall... 

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

The OP said this...

Maybe you are right, but I saw Belleza Jake everywhere before the update. I follow the male weekend offers and the monthly events for my alts. The makeup for Genus has slowly trickled down, and it will probably continue because the creator has stopped to update the heads they have, or release new ones. As long as the free "Strong" head is still available, every new female who joins SL after the Christmas gifts ended, will have only Genus as a free option. And it is a really pretty head.

I love Lelutka, but I can not create the looks I loved on my alts with them. I am almost going back to Genus. Almost. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

thanks I guess. Adam and and Slink? No please. . There has got to be a better way. AES is the more natural for me. look at the hands, veins and feet. Does Giannii have that? If so I am sold. Really.

It is very interesting that you have edited my post.
But I'll tell you something man, I'm from Twitter.
In those parts, playing this type of game as well as being stupidly useless could also be a curious threat and there are multiple tools to analyze the account that behaves in this silly way. As long as it is the case to be intrigued.
So please try to be more frank, explain to me what you wanted to ask me.

1 minute ago, Tama Suki said:

It is very interesting that you have edited my post.
But I'll tell you something man, I'm from Twitter.
In those parts, playing this type of game as well as being stupidly useless could also be a curious threat and there are multiple tools to analyze the account that behaves in this silly way. As long as it is the case to be intrigued.
So please try to be more frank, explain to me what you wanted to ask me.

Oh do not even bother. Got yah alredy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.