Continues grieving and the lax mentality around it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Screenshot_20211221-162415.thumb.png.7fa448e3005fde4269fda16e7f6202cf.pngScreenshot_20211221-162356.thumb.png.f7396eeb73b8fef2ac36211a8b161b1e.png

Our personal account/avatar keys are published and our online status? omg I wonder by saying in profile only to show online status to fiends only if it still shows on that screen? 

Since the default is to show online to everyone this could be used to stalk people, Find on map. Like a new person is really going to know about this stuff. That should be set to offline for new residents and the key should never be published in public setting. 

Edited by Paulsian
after thought
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Omg...anyone with the USER last name Linden, is a Linden Lab employee, ffs.  There is no way for anyone else to use Linden as a USER last name.  Not talking display name although you shouldn't be using it there either as I explained already.  

Ya know what?  I can only assume you're pretty new and have no idea how any of this works.  So carry on with your erroneous assumptions without me.

Happy Holidays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You're not rude, @Paulsian, but you are attributing things to bugs and/or nefarious behavior that are simply the result of your own actions. You should expect partial spellings ("gov") and misspellings ("govenor") to produce erratic Search results. You should know the difference between display names and user names. You should recognize the basic naming conventions used by the viewer, such as the period between first and last names in a legacy user name.

Don't feel TOO bad. I've attributed things to enemy action that were my own carelessness or inattention myself, from time to time.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paulsian said:

Since the default is to show online to everyone this could be used to stalk people, Find on map

No, it can't be.  They can simply see if you are online.  No one can see you on the map unless YOU give them those rights.

Perhaps, before you continue making erroneous assumptions, you should read up on the knowledge base on how SL functions.  LSL would be something else to look over in regards to what can and cannot be done within SL.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No one can see you on the map unless YOU give them those rights.

Wonders if someone with a 3rd party viewer mod was able to work around this, wonders what that find on map button is for?? Also wonders what skeeming ways people use to give over those rights? and if possible a list of people rights were given to are available? 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Perhaps, before you continue making erroneous assumptions, you should read up on the knowledge base on how SL functions.  LSL would be something else to look over in regards to what can and cannot be done within SL.

Im guessing the answers are here?

6 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

Wonders if someone with a 3rd party viewer mod was able to work around this, wonders what that find on map button is for??

Download, install and run some of the TPVs.

Thought-experiments only get you so far. To quote Heisenberg "Unperformed tests generate no results. That which did not happen, did not happen"

Recommendation to Linden Security Team: Issue all Lindens and Moles new computers with only the official viewer installed and only able to use that for official business. There's a program that will wipe anything installed after. It's called frozen or something like that. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Paulsian said:

I guess my point is when support advises a resident to report Governor Linden if they do not know whom to report after already reporting Governor.Linden was in practice initially before the advisement, they should prolly advise to report Governor.Linden and not Governor Linden? Maybe something else that needs to be looked into.

or at the very least make it clear to report the correct account. For a new person if support says to report Governor.Linden they may see Governor Linden or search Governor and select the first one on the list? 

What's extra strange is when I search Gov is listed in one search but when I search governor is not included on the other list? hmm wonder why that is? Sure the spelling is not correct as I mention in the first instance of this problem. Not everyone is a great speller and in a panic they could be easily deceived. I guess that's okay.. 

gov.jpg

Annotation 2021-12-21 141314.jpg

It might help if you spell GoveRnor Linden correctly so that you get the single result you are supposed to be getting. If someone is panicked enough they can't type then they need to log out, take a breather, then log back in and file the AR. 

PROBLEM SOLVED.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

No thank you, i've only ever used the official viewer at https://www.secondlife.com 

When my computer tells me that a 3rd party viewer should not be installed on my computer, I take that seriously. 

Try downloading the TPV form the TPV's OFFICIAL SITE and not some backwater ripoff.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.