Looking for groups with lots of chat

Eric Castanea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Because of SL's group chat issues, many communities have taken to using Discord. Find your niche and use the SL Search to discover and join their groups.

On a side note, I've been in various groups but nothing comes close to the drama in scripting groups. These are worth joining for the entertainment value alone.

• Like 2

The Twisted Hunt group is good if your sense of humor is a little twisted. It's primarily a hunt group in March and September, but some people stay in it for the chat all year. 

Impact Mental Health is good for mental health support.  Also try searching Groups for "Discussion", "Chat" and "Chatty".

• Like 3

Unfortunately I haven't had much luck in finding any active chatty groups in-world, I've had more conversations in store groups of smaller creators than groups centered around a hobby or interest. Like the others said, it would probably be easier to find people to chat with by visiting places that interest you and maybe stumbling into a community somewhere. ^^ I've noticed clubs are usually pretty chatty, they really aren't my thing but sometimes it's nice to just vibe to music and chat with everyone there, even if it's not within an actual SL "group".

But also, it's true about Discord since most seem to use servers nowadays so it may take a bit of extra digging and poking around to find what you're looking for. :P

13 hours ago, Mr Amore said:

Because of SL's group chat issues, many communities have taken to using Discord. Find your niche and use the SL Search to discover and join their groups.

On a side note, I've been in various groups but nothing comes close to the drama in scripting groups. These are worth joining for the entertainment value alone.

👀 Do you happen to have any recommendations for these scripting groups? I need an excuse to break out my lawn chair and popcorn.

• Like 1

Try looking for some of the clubs in SL that are into the coffee-shop-sit-and-talk or play games style. I like Noggin's.

There are philosophy, history, and political groups. Often the group is for advertising their get together meetings where they can meet up and discuss things.

On 12/11/2021 at 2:22 AM, LilNosferatu said:

👀 Do you happen to have any recommendations for these scripting groups? I need an excuse to break out my lawn chair and popcorn.

Scripts and Script Academy are two of the best resources for learning lsl, the people are friendly and helpful. But scripting can be frustrating and sometimes the sparks just fly.

College of Scripting Music Science is a real rabbit hole, I was banned from the group last year but I expect it's still going strong.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.