No more sploders?

kavakelyr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder what happened with the sims / regions that allowed people to go and participate in sploders, like, you go there and use the sploder, and stay afk or at least dancing or something while waiting it to explode and distribute the prize to every people that are near the sploder. This used to be in a lot of sims but now it seems there are no sploder sims anymore, like kinda they all dissapeared :(

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kavakelyr said:

I wonder what happened with the sims / regions that allowed people to go and participate in sploders, like, you go there and use the sploder, and stay afk or at least dancing or something while waiting it to explode and distribute the prize to every people that are near the sploder. This used to be in a lot of sims but now it seems there are no sploder sims anymore, like kinda they all dissapeared :(

There are still some out there.  The gambling type sploders all left years ago.  These days, they are only allowed if every single person gets back at least as much as they pay in (and typically a single person will get a bit more).  This means they no longer make money for the owner, so all they are good for is getting traffic to your location.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I've been to a couple clubs that still use 'sploders recently. I played around with them for old times sake, you definitely do not get what you put into them if you don't hit the jackpot...or whatever its called when you get the bulk of the Ls.

Yes I have seen them in clubs recently too, the ones you don't get your lindens back from. It never even occurred to me that they were against the TOS.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Yes I have seen them in clubs recently too, the ones you don't get your lindens back from. It never even occurred to me that they were against the TOS.

Me either. I just thought people stopped having them in clubs because people stopped using them. The clubs I saw them in were older styled clubs..y'know kind of primmy looking. They also had that thing that drops the coins.

I just assumed since they were older clubs, the owner just never got rid of them.

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

I've been to a couple clubs that still use 'sploders recently. I played around with them for old times sake, you definitely do not get what you put into them if you don't hit the jackpot...or whatever its called when you get the bulk of the Ls.

Based on Crim's comment, you have to at least get back the minimum required payment, but if you put in more then you might not get that back.  If you are not getting back the minimum payment, then AR it.

57 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Definitely AR them if you don't get the minimum payment back.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are still some out there.  The gambling type sploders all left years ago.  These days, they are only allowed if every single person gets back at least as much as they pay in (and typically a single person will get a bit more).  This means they no longer make money for the owner, so all they are good for is getting traffic to your location.

In the last 6 months there have been SEVERAL sploders that haven't paid me back what I put in.

Edited by Doris Johnsky

59 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

In the last 6 months there have been SEVERAL sploders that haven't paid me back what I put in.

Right. As described above, it apparently shouldn't matter how much the participant put in, but rather only the minimum amount they were required to put in. If the thing is set for a L$1 minimum to play, then, it would only be a problem if it didn't pay out anything at all (which might still happen for very old devices, I gather, and apparently would violate TOS now).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.