Governance User Group discontinued?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just looking at the User Group Calendar, and the listing for Governance seems to have been removed.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

If so, can we get some guidance on how we can flag topics to Governance for advice/help?  I have a subject I was hoping to ask Tommy about for help/advice on reporting.

@Tommy Linden

@Patch Linden

@Kristin Linden

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
clarity
  • Like 1

• Administrators

As you already know Adam, since we have discussed it quite a bit, but for the sake of clarifying it for others, you can always message me if you have a question about how to file an Abuse Report. There is also an older, but well written blog done by Inara Prey where we discussed in depth on how to properly file an Abuse Report: https://modemworld.me/2017/03/24/raising-abuse-reports-in-second-life/ as well as our own page as well for anyone who might be unsure about how to file one, or what sort of information to include.

However please keep in mind, that what we are not able to discuss specific reports, the outcome of them, what our investigation found, etc.

• Administrators

At this time there is no scheduled user groups for Governance, the majority of questions asked at the user group meetings are questions that we are just not going to be able to answer. Such as information regarding action taken, DMCA, or other Resident specific information that we will not discuss due to privacy policy, or it being outside the scope of the Governance team.

However myself, and others will always remain available to answer questions in how to file Abuse Reports, and you don't have to wait for a meeting to do that, you can message me your question and the next time I log in, I will always respond. If you wish to bring a specific incident of abuse to our attention however, as always the answer will be to file an Abuse Report.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

As you already know Adam, since we have discussed it quite a bit, but for the sake of clarifying it for others, you can always message me if you have a question about how to file an Abuse Report. There is also an older, but well written blog done by Inara Prey where we discussed in depth on how to properly file an Abuse Report: https://modemworld.me/2017/03/24/raising-abuse-reports-in-second-life/ as well as our own page as well for anyone who might be unsure about how to file one, or what sort of information to include.

However please keep in mind, that what we are not able to discuss specific reports, the outcome of them, what our investigation found, etc.

Thanks Tommy, but I don't tend to read external blogs about abuse reports, or Second Life in general.  Can you confirm if the Governance User Group has ended?

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
wording.

53 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

The video you've linked is the only recording I've made for a Governance Group meeting. Due to personal time constraints (EU time-zone; also taking care of TPV, Web, Land and Sim meetings already) I was not able to reliably cover Governance, sadly. For similar reasons I cannot film CCUG, Open Dev and Server Beta; I guess that this one is out of the radar, anyway.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Yes, at this time the user group has ended. I am exploring other options to better share useful information with all of you.

I'm sorry to see this.  These groups were an ideal forum for people to bring up ideas, and to get an idea of how many people were experiencing the same issues.

As to my own question, naturally I'll not post it here, I'll drop you a line inworld (and it's not the bot issue).

I went to Governance every few months, for the same reason I'd go to a city council meeting once a year or so. It's good to keep an eye on the people who think they're in charge. You could discuss things such as just how annoying do mainland ad boards have to get before they should be removed. Governance was boring. That meant things were working.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.