How Does Your SL Look Today?

Playing around with probes again

Snapshot_078.thumb.png.23c23977e86e66a71c4cfbf3286cafd9.png

It's so dark and spooky!

Snapshot_079.thumb.png.0653de1d44c3083ecfece01a16e95946.png

Not outside though, I'm peaking through the wall, otherwise if I had removed the wall all of the darkness would be lit up by the outside.  To get this level of darkness, you have to be enclosed completely.

Snapshot_080.thumb.png.572a5972df4a866fbcd8fb1f9ac92b93.png

With no torch in the cave, it goes completely black, even though it is midday outside.

Before probes, I would need to use shadow sculpties which were kind of a pain, especially if you wanted to use your mouse to look around as it would get caught up on the huge sculpty, and forget about sitting or clicking on anything.  Plus it would look weird at different angles.

Snapshot_081.thumb.jpg.324a7eb1525ed4833905d3855ae6d934.jpg

This is with the probe removed, and in it's place is a shadow sculpt.

Now I just wish there were a way, to change the color of the probe to give an effect such as being underwater, or perhaps in a room full of fog/smoke.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

Now I just wish there were a way, to change the color of the probe to give an effect such as being underwater, or perhaps in a room full of fog/smoke. 

Depending on how your probes are placed, you can sorta fake this: put an inside-out object (like a sphere with 180, 180 twist) around the midpoint of the probe, with the desired effect textured on it.

Demo with an animated plasma texture object around a probe's midpoint, reflecting everywhere on the scene: https://i.gyazo.com/2de1dbdba9c163fb3f302529212b5487.mp4

You obviously can't hide the effect object from view entirely but if the probe midpoint was, say, inside an opaque one-sided object it can still see out to probe the environment but won't be seen. It could have some use in some situations.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Once again, I am stuck on the question of what to do about having a place on the Blake Sea.  I love the idea of it and waited a long, long time to get my corner lot on Pslande.  But I rarely use it and have a half region at the Gulls Wing Estate and Linden Homes too.image.thumb.jpeg.61788e5f7f450fe4545593fb4c8f2089.jpeg

And it is a bit pricey and there is the nearly constant crashing of boats onto the rocks, and today a plane:image.thumb.jpeg.051674f6f5893de2f214826e5172583f.jpeg

So once again, I took a houseboat slip at Dana Point to give myself another option on the Blake Sea.  I have always loved Dana Point too.  Decisions!!image.thumb.jpeg.86b438f5c6f35bbd9a2712e0760811b0.jpeg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 14

Posted (edited)

Well,Cinny, the little B that she is, showed me a LaraX swimsuit she got for an alt last night (first pic). And THEN she gyazo'd me some wet hair. She knew it would get me going!!! Grrr...It WAS shopping time!!!

Zerrine Reclining.jpg

Celia Swimsuit.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 13

While trying to do a photoshoot with one of my housemates we got the dreaded restart notice so we went to one of her friend's sims to wait it out.

visiting her frinds place

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

Friday night, at home, thinking what can I do in SL today?

julhovic_2024-07-19_19274701a.thumb.jpg.ff617e134d84e9c9d6b1146866562cbe.jpg

You could go looking for a cage to hold MEN!!! Hmmmpphhh....All the cages I find are meant to hold women only!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Call me..... cage or no cage.....

Hey. what am i chopped liver? I AM already taken though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Guess she hasn't search Femdom cages.  😁

Femdom is certainly a thing, but I think most cages are defined by the gender of the caged rather than the cager. So to speak.

On the other hand, there is another kind of "cage" which applies only to men. It . . . well, NVM. You know. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Femdom is certainly a thing, but I think most cages are defined by the gender of the caged rather than the cager. So to speak.

On the other hand, there is another kind of "cage" which applies only to men. It . . . well, NVM. You know. 🙂

LOL, yes I did have to wear one for a bit!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Playing around with probes again

Snapshot_078.thumb.png.23c23977e86e66a71c4cfbf3286cafd9.png

It's so dark and spooky!

Snapshot_079.thumb.png.0653de1d44c3083ecfece01a16e95946.png

Not outside though, I'm peaking through the wall, otherwise if I had removed the wall all of the darkness would be lit up by the outside.  To get this level of darkness, you have to be enclosed completely.

Snapshot_080.thumb.png.572a5972df4a866fbcd8fb1f9ac92b93.png

With no torch in the cave, it goes completely black, even though it is midday outside.

Before probes, I would need to use shadow sculpties which were kind of a pain, especially if you wanted to use your mouse to look around as it would get caught up on the huge sculpty, and forget about sitting or clicking on anything.  Plus it would look weird at different angles.

Snapshot_081.thumb.jpg.324a7eb1525ed4833905d3855ae6d934.jpg

This is with the probe removed, and in it's place is a shadow sculpt.

That is SO cool! I hate having to use prims to make places dark, you can't click on anything in the room!

• Like 2