How Does Your SL Look Today?

Posted (edited)

I am at the  Summer in Bellisseria event open through July 7th, 2024, trying out one of the freebies in the folder in front of the unflattering Patch Linden billboard.

Many groups associated with Bellisseria have set up booths. There are also games and entertainment. 

You don't have to live in Bellisseria to enjoy their events or to join any of the Belli groups.

https://lastditch.typepad.com/bbbgazette/ - The BBB Gazette has current news about Bellisseria events. 

bellisummer6.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 14

Posted (edited)

We attended Live musician @Bsukmet Stormcrow at FEED-A-SMILE today http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Feed A Smile/30/140/22

4b152614d6a881a415cab51f6c2f0b63.gif

So far Bsukmet fans have donated 1,461 meals.  Please make a bit of time to attend one of the fabulous Music Makers in Second Life who donate their time to this worthy cause 🥰 in such a beautiful place...

b2bb356488a2a71db1a1e4220a426473.jpg

Now up to 2,311 meals

f79719c8b33a6fe0ef938bfd336cdc73.jpg

and the final is...

8243a5ac53900e43a766a22e5471f460.png

[13:06] BB Woodford: Every L$ counts, 100 L$ is a meal for one kid
[13:07] BB Woodford: and we have almost 600 children 6 days per week ...
[13:07] Brique Topaz - Feed a Smile (brique.topaz): Bsukmet - thank you for those meals.
 ♥

Edited by BJoyful
updated the ♥
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Exploring destinations on mobile 🙃

"Firestorm Ghost Town Outer Limits"

And a picture from Firestorm

Snapshot_132.thumb.jpg.2940d8529ba656ded51d5c629dc2ab4c.jpg

It looks pretty cool, it appears to be a game that I will have to come back to later and play, for now I am just wandering around on the desktop viewer and making comparisons. 

Snapshot_133.thumb.jpg.1436f9d4a5f18e3b76137defd44279d6.jpg

Bleh, rotted fruit.  I never knew this region was even here, I look forward to exploring it a bit further in the near future and trying to play the game. 

• Like 14

Posted (edited)

I PM'd scylla about Black Dragon, and got a bit Bitchy about a couple of things about it. SOOOO...I just HAD to use it to take this pic!!!

Celia Bitch Sandor .png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I PM'd scylla about Black Dragon, and got a bit Bitchy about a couple of things about it. SOOOO...I just HAD to use it to take this pic!!!

Celia Bitch Sandor .png

I did poke around a bit in the Preferences of Black Dragon today, changing key shortcuts and such, but didn't get to the communication tools. I'll let you know what I find.

Remind me to avoid meeting this lady in a dark alleyway, or a Walmart parking lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I did poke around a bit in the Preferences of Black Dragon today, changing key shortcuts and such, but didn't get to the communication tools. I'll let you know what I find.

Remind me to avoid meeting this lady in a dark alleyway, or a Walmart parking lot.

Thanks!!! Celia wouldn't be caught dead in a dark alley or anywhere NEAR a Walmart!!!  AND...It's the SECOND time now she lost ALL the customizations she made to the BD UI!!! Hours of customizations gone in the bat of an eyelash!!! BD just suddenly reverted back to baseline. Celia is NOT amused!!!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Thanks!!! Celia wouldn't be caught dead in a dark alley or anywhere NEAR a Walmart!!!  AND...It's the SECOND time now she lost ALL the customizations she made to the BD UI!!! Hours of customizations gone in the bat of an eyelash!!! BD just suddenly reverted back to baseline. Celia is NOT amused!!!

I know FS has a way to backup settings and restore if needed.  Does BD not have that?  That would make me angry too! 

When I "updated" my FS to the new PBR version on both computer setups in my house, I did the kitchen gaming laptop first and found a bug that required deleting ALL of the settings for ALL of my avvies, then reinstalling.  Total pain and the main reason that my big-rig in the upstairs office is not running a PBR viewer yet.  I will wait for the next FS version and give that a try.  😠

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I know FS has a way to backup settings and restore if needed.  Does BD not have that?  That would make me angry too! 

When I "updated" my FS to the new PBR version on both computer setups in my house, I did the kitchen gaming laptop first and found a bug that required deleting ALL of the settings for ALL of my avvies, then reinstalling.  Total pain and the main reason that my big-rig in the upstairs office is not running a PBR viewer yet.  I will wait for the next FS version and give that a try.  😠

Everyone who I've asked says there IS a way to backup settings in BD. The only issue is, no one knows how!!! So, i personally think there really ISN'T a way.

That's a horrible FS bug to find. I haven't run into that on my new Tower, or my Laptop.. Celia is NOT amused when her BFF's have issues like that!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

That's a horrible FS bug to find. I haven't run into that on my new Tower, or my Laptop.. Celia is NOT amused when her BFF's have issues like that!!!

Thank you, Celia, you are so much nicer a person than that Sandor guy! 

Indeed, that FS bug was not one that could be avoided or dealt with as it prevented ALL left-click or right-click actions and threatened to totally ruin my shopping weekend!  I also found a smaller bug that prevents some group notices from being deleted but that one is live-able.  Odd that both of my setups were affected since all they share is Windows 11.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Thank you, Celia, you are so much nicer a person than that Sandor guy! 

Indeed, that FS bug was not one that could be avoided or dealt with as it prevented ALL left-click or right-click actions and threatened to totally ruin my shopping weekend!  I also found a smaller bug that prevents some group notices from being deleted but that one is live-able.  Odd that both of my setups were affected since all they share is Windows 11.

Maybe I'm clueless... but I haven't noticed this bug in Win11 or Linux. No, really I haven't. I run the SL and Open Sim versions of FS in both OS's. My best PC is somewhere in the middle of the so-called 10 year limit for attempting to run PBR in 2024.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

Maybe I'm clueless... but I haven't noticed this bug in Win11 or Linux. No, really I haven't. I run the SL and Open Sim versions of FS in both OS's. My best PC is somewhere in the middle of the so-called 10 year limit for attempting to run PBR in 2024.

Consider yourself lucky!

• Like 2

SHARK WEEK http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pleasant Dreams/151/153/2

2d8d1d1014cc947639ebef24085d4fec.gif

[11:08] SHINY (shiny.starchild): **The DJ Line-Up** 

(These spirited & creative selectors were given an open format to create their sets with only these buzz-words: Punky, Dance, Irreverent, Fun, "Bitey"  . . . none of them like to follow the rules anyway or live in the box, so who the f#&k  knows what's going to happen!?)  

^^ So far, DJ Khaz is spinning some luscious EDM ♫

SATURDAY, July 6:
Khaz11 AM  
Senka12:30 PM

SUNDAY, July 7: (Official Start of Shark Week on Discovery Channel in the U.S.)
Moshi   9 AM 
Zed     11 AM

MONDAY, July 8:
Garbage     8 PM
Créme       9:30 PM

TUESDAY, July 9:
Tallulah       8 PM
Ninevolt    9:30 PM

WEDNESDAY, July 10:   
Berkeley    7 PM
Rumi           8 PM
Sabbian      9 PM

THURSDAY,  July 11:
Mutant          10 PM 
Surprise Shark Movie: 11 PM

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Everyone who I've asked says there IS a way to backup settings in BD. The only issue is, no one knows how!!! So, i personally think there really ISN'T a way.

As best I can tell there is no Settings Backup feature in Black Dragon. ( @NiranV Dean ? )

However, viewer stuff is saved in various files. Those files are in:

C:\Users\[Windows_ID]\AppData\Roaming\BlackDragon\user_settings

The files you want to backup are;

Key bindings: controls.xml
Settings: settings.xml

It may be a good idea to back up all the files there. Put them somewhere in your Documents folder. This is the part of the system Windows protects and backups when you turn on backup.

Nal-testing-BD_001.thumb.jpg.24d9a1252096e356411cc184d771ba56.jpg

Black Dragon has a different interface... I find it annoying. So, I change how the keys are bound. Then it is usable. That isn't a Black Dragon problem. It is a me problem. I prefer the SL and FS viewer user interface.

But BD did break my mirror made in FS.

And you'll see the mirror I made in Firestorm Viewer 7 is broken by Black Dragon 5.1.2... upgrading to 5.1.3 didn't help. The latest SL Viewer and Firestorm Viewer work the same.

• Like 5