How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

So, on a related subject, I was speaking to @Ivanova Shostakovich yesterday after the event, and we talked a little about how the Forum Cartel Hangout was underused.

We're thinking about maybe a slightly more "adult-oriented" get together there (it's in a "Moderate" region), as the one yesterday was in a G rated sim.

Would there be interest?

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

In what way, it sounds intriguing. 

I don't really know, and would gladly accept ideas! It's Moderate, so that introduces some limitations -- although I don't think anyone would be interested in the sort of thing that would only be permissible in Adult anyway.

I thought maybe a burlesque or cabaret theme? Sexy and a bit edgy and fun, but not, you know, sex.

Another possibility permitted on Moderate regions apparently is stripping, but that's probably going a bit further than most people (including myself) would feel comfortable with.

But I'm really open to ideas.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, on a related subject, I was speaking to @Ivanova Shostakovich yesterday after the event, and we talked a little about how the Forum Cartel Hangout was underused.

We're thinking about maybe a slightly more "adult-oriented" get together there (it's in a "Moderate" region), as the one yesterday was in a G rated sim.

Would there be interest?

It's a get together. What difference would it make if it were in an "M" region? It's a forum get together, not an orgy. My two cents worth anyways.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

It's a get together. What difference would it make if it were in an "M" region? It's a forum get together, not an orgy. My two cents worth anyways.

lol, well, orgies are no more permitted in M rated areas than they are in G ones.

Honestly, I don't know what a more "adult oriented" get together might mean. The most obvious thing relates to what one might be able to wear: there are fewer restrictions in an M rated area. So, for instance, a "burlesque" theme would be ok in M rated region, where it might cross a line in a G rated one.

I think these sorts of things work better if they have a "theme" that is fun, or an additional reason (as for instance the pics at our exhibition) to bring people together. Being in an M rated regions widens the range of possibilities somewhat.

On the downside, it might make it more difficult for those with child avatars to attend.

• Like 4

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

lol, well, orgies are no more permitted in M rated areas than they are in G ones.

Honestly, I don't know what a more "adult oriented" get together might mean. The most obvious thing relates to what one might be able to wear: there are fewer restrictions in an M rated area. So, for instance, a "burlesque" theme would be ok in M rated region, where it might cross a line in a G rated one.

I think these sorts of things work better if they have a "theme" that is fun, or an additional reason (as for instance the pics at our exhibition) to bring people together. Being in an M rated regions widens the range of possibilities somewhat.

On the downside, it might make it more difficult for those with child avatars to attend.

Orgies ARE permitted in M regions as long as people outside the parcel cannot see in I.E behind closed doors, and not publicly advertised as such.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ#:~:text=Adult activities cannot be advertised,the parcel has hidden avatars.

Either way, I know I wouldn't have dressed any differently yesterday even if it were in an "A" region, and I'm sure Caitlin wouldn't have either. I'm %200 sure Cinny wouldn't show up half naked. But maybe some people would. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

How about some.... pose balls...?

Please...the horror...the pain...I'll do anything...just PLEASE get rid of these horrific poseballs!!! Did I say i dislike them? if i didn't, I AM now!!! I tremendously dislike poseballs!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

Orgies ARE permitted in M regions as long as people outside the parcel cannot see in I.E behind closed doors, and not publicly advertised as such.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ#:~:text=Adult activities cannot be advertised,the parcel has hidden avatars.

Either way, I know I wouldn't have dressed any differently yesterday even if it were in an "A" region, and I'm sure Caitlin wouldn't have either. I'm %200 sure Cinny wouldn't show up half naked. But maybe some people would. 

Well, the hangout is by definition a pretty public place, not a private residence: I think you'd have a difficult time justifying that -- just as a "private sex club" would be at the least a violation of the spirit of the spirit of the ratings system. No matter though, it's not really relevant: we're not going to host an orgy. Or a "sex" anything.

I'm not talking about a dress code here. And I am CERTAINLY not talking about something like a CMNF event.

Just a theme -- again, like burlesque or cabaret -- that would allow people to get a little more racy. Maybe jazz music to go with it?

You've seen the video on this thread of my cabaret dance? That sort of thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, the hangout is by definition a pretty public place, not a private residence: I think you'd have a difficult time justifying that -- just as a "private sex club" would be at the least a violation of the spirit of the spirit of the ratings system. No matter though, it's not really relevant: we're not going to host an orgy. Or a "sex" anything.

I'm not talking about a dress code here. And I am CERTAINLY not talking about something like a CMNF event.

Just a theme -- again, like burlesque or cabaret -- that would allow people to get a little more racy. Maybe jazz music to go with it?

You've seen the video on this thread of my cabaret dance? That sort of thing.

I disagree that a private sex club would be in violation of the spirit of the ratings system. M is meant to be a "go between" G and A. as far as I can see. 

Either way, I don't want to go to a forum get together for anything sexual. I don't think anyone does. The cabaret thing is cute though, and some jazz would make it more fun!!! Whether it's G M or A I will bring my camera!!!

And what, it COULD always be a CFNM event!!! /me runs for cover before Scylla beats him with her purse...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

And what, it COULD always be a CFNM event!!!

Not with me organizing it!

Yeah, I'm really not thinking sexual. I'm thinking fun and a bit edgy?

For instance, we FLOOD the place, and do mermaids!!!!

(Joking!)

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I'm really not thinking sexual. I'm thinking fun and a bit edgy?

For instance, we FLOOD the place, and do mermaids!!!!

I can offer my 2 region park. I've actually got a huge underwater garden, a really edgy one, with a number of gathering spots. And above that on dry land are some nice meeting areas...I'm working on an Asian theme in one part of the park...and for ages I've been eyeing DRD's (Death Row Designs) garden party accessories...they are so cute...they would make such a fun outdoor party area.

So...an outdoor party??!!  If not on my sims...then outdoors someplace else?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

I can offer my 2 region park. I've actually got a huge underwater garden, a really edgy one, with a number of gathering spots. And above that on dry land are some nice meeting areas...I'm working on an Asian theme in one part of the park...and for ages I've been eyeing DRD's (Death Row Designs) garden party accessories...they are so cute...they would make such a fun outdoor party area.

So...an outdoor party??!!  If not on my sims...then outdoors someplace else?

Thanks Luna, it's a thought!

Our initial idea was to put the FC Hangout to use, but I don't know that we're wedded to that idea. I'll consult with Iva!

And again, thanks!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks Luna, it's a thought!

Our initial idea was to put the FC Hangout to use, but I don't know that we're wedded to that idea. I'll consult with Iva!

And again, thanks!

Well if you do want it underwater, and at the FC hangout location, I've got a gigantic aquarium fish tank thingie complete with coral and the like that I can drop on the land...lol.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well if you do want it underwater, and at the FC hangout location, I've got a gigantic aquarium fish tank thingie complete with coral and the like that I can drop on the land...lol.

We'll need to ask @Rolig Loon about the etiquette of putting mermaids in fish tanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eddy Vortex said:

I'm a bit late with these photos from Scylla's exhibit. Thank you @Scylla Rhiadra, it was great fun!

original_666e060bc32c973a59d3a51e.png

original_666e05f2c32c9737b4d3a51e.png

I found someone taller than Greg. :D

original_666dee31f73d10750c875b01.png

original_666e0b891ec7631dfaf13bab.png

The LL server had a major hiccup that day and my profile feed now reflects the mess.

Oh wow! Thank you, and Greg, for these!!!! I was hoping someone had got some good pics of everyone!

These are EXCELLENT!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh wow! Thank you, and Greg, for these!!!! I was hoping someone had got some good pics of everyone!

These are EXCELLENT!

Thanks. I did what I could with my potato machine on near low graphic setting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eddy Vortex said:

Thanks. I did what I could with my potato machine on near low graphic setting.

You did BRILLIANTLY, and your potato machine deserves . . . um, whatever potato machines like as treats. Give it a pat on the fan vent for me!

These are worth it for the "Many Faces of Love" alone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2