How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

On 10/24/2023 at 4:42 PM, Saraya Starr said:

My SL today 😑 Now I can't even login...

68543e4cf78b135008c6a4ad676b3840.thumb.jpg.3df15888d42c847606a216f4b9f6400f.jpg

I was having trouble yesterday, crashing constantly and never rezzing even when I got in.  The problem might have been local internet, who knows?  The interesting thing was when I logged in this morning and STILL was not rezzing, I went to edit my shape, on the off chance that might kick me into rezzing, and found I was not wearing a shape at all, which I did not think was even possible!!  Found a shape and put it on and problem solved!  Always new adventures to be had in SL!  😄

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I was having trouble yesterday, crashing constantly and never rezzing even when I got in.  The problem might have been local internet, who knows?  The interesting thing was when I logged in this morning and STILL was not rezzing, I went to edit my shape, on the off chance that might kick me into rezzing, and found I was not wearing a shape at all, which I did not think was even possible!!  Found a shape and put it on and problem solved!  Always new adventures to be had in SL!  😄

Ohhh that is intriguing. You were like a partial presence? I was having a conversation about these recently ... Patch Linden even did some memorials to some (???.???) named avatars! I want to know more about this funny little bug. I thought it had been fixed, but obviously not.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Ohhh that is intriguing. You were like a partial presence? I was having a conversation about these recently ... Patch Linden even did some memorials to some (???.???) named avatars! I want to know more about this funny little bug. I thought it had been fixed, but obviously not.

NO idea why but I was just an orange cloud who never rezzed till I discovered I had no shape and remedied that.

• Like 3

I love a Saturday off.  I got to my personal goal of hitting trick-or-treat buckets.  So many thoughtful people leaving various rezzers out to make my bouncing around neighborhoods more fun.  A bubble rezzer took me around the ranch theme.

image.thumb.png.9d056755c95e346822edcad869beeabd.png

And someone left out a taxi rezzer in the loglands.  I might have taken out a few fences and mailboxes.  Sorry about landing in someone's living room, as well.  Oops.

image.thumb.jpeg.06fa6af20259a475e6ab63d52cdb8340.jpeg

Stopped by @Nando Yip's stiilt to use the photo studio and grab more candy.  Thanks, Nando!image.thumb.jpeg.d7b5779b06907f8e06a98bd442dfbc68.jpeg

• Like 11

Continuing my Halloween fun, I invited Sandor to take the ride of his life.  Out of the gutter, folks!  It was the Linden's Haunted Tour.  Just walk through the portal, Sandor.  

image.thumb.jpeg.915b93f40c922e1040bfc11f625664fc.jpeg

Now hop in the coffin.  Yes, the coffin.  Hang on!

image.jpeg.0470259756c387b1216562460466c7e2.jpeg

And best friend dancing and a chance to catch up on our real lives and inworld lives.

image.thumb.jpeg.5a20d8116426f99b65a72dc0c4d22d28.jpeg

Yay! Saturdays when it's too cold to do much outside!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

So . . . The Women of Shakespeare Redux.

When we did the performance part of this show for the opening, the region filled up very quickly and a lot of people couldn't get in, including a few from here apparently, so we're doing a repeat performance today (Sunday) at Noon SLT. Bajoy and Scout from the Avilion Cameo Theater will be performing excerpts related to seven of my pics from six of Shakespeare's plays -- about 30 minutes or so all told. I'll be wowing the audience with my brilliant management of the slide show. Oh, and music and dance afterwards.

In case anyone still DOES want to attend, I'm posting the SLURL here. The gallery has actually moved, so the old link won't work.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Royal Tea/143/58/2805

If I look a bit bored here, it's because I sort of am. I've moved on to other projects, and will be happy to be finally finished with this one. Bleh. But the performance IS pretty cool.

Repeat-Performance-Blank.thumb.png.71fa5f689706948a8fdaae1d4a3c8bf3.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So . . . The Women of Shakespeare Redux.

When we did the performance part of this show for the opening, the region filled up very quickly and a lot of people couldn't get in, including a few from here apparently, so we're doing a repeat performance today (Sunday) at Noon SLT. Bajoy and Scout from the Avilion Cameo Theater will be performing excerpts related to seven of my pics from six of Shakespeare's plays -- about 30 minutes or so all told. I'll be wowing the audience with my brilliant management of the slide show. Oh, and music and dance afterwards.

In case anyone still DOES want to attend, I'm posting the SLURL here. The gallery has actually moved, so the old link won't work.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Royal Tea/143/58/2805

If I look a bit bored here, it's because I sort of am. I've moved on to other projects, and will be happy to be finally finished with this one. Bleh. But the performance IS pretty cool.

Repeat-Performance-Blank.thumb.png.71fa5f689706948a8fdaae1d4a3c8bf3.png

Did you stay consistent with what I recall the original theme was (obviously I could misremember) - male avatars as playing the women's part in Shakespeare?  

By "consistent" I mean - "male" avatars playing the "women"?

• Like 1

I started off going on a Halloween ride with @Cinnamon Mistwood. Then my friend, Matron Cindy, invited us to see her new house. Matron is best described as the "Dame Edna" of the SL world!!! Then Cat came on and joined us. Things did go a little crazy before the three of us went back to my Alt's house.

Sandor and Cinn at Halloween Ride.jpg

Sandor, Cinny, Matron .jpg

Cinn And sandor Mattron.jpg

Cait, Cinny, Sandor.jpg

Matron, Cinny in bubble, Sandor.jpg

Cait, Sandor and Cinny in house.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I started off going on a Halloween ride with @Cinnamon Mistwood. Then my friend, Matron Cindy, invited us to see her new house. Matron is best described as the "Dame Edna" of the SL world!!! Then Cat came on and joined us. Things did go a little crazy before the three of us went back to my Alt's house.

Matron, Cinny in bubble, Sandor.jpg

And I wouldn't end up in a "Matron bubble" if I kept my big mouth shut and didn't say exactly what I think about stuff out loud. 😄

She was good natured about it in the end, though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

And I wouldn't end up in a "Matron bubble" if I kept my big mouth shut and didn't say exactly what I think about stuff out loud. 😄

She was good natured about it in the end, though.

LOL, Matron Cindy is all about good natured fun. Like I said, she's the "Dame Edna" of the SL world!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did you stay consistent with what I recall the original theme was (obviously I could misremember) - male avatars as playing the women's part in Shakespeare?  

By "consistent" I mean - "male" avatars playing the "women"?

No, not really. I wanted to focus on that in one or two pics where it mattered thematically (of which Twelfth Night was the most important).

If there is an overarching theme, it's gender (hence "Women of Shakespeare") cuz . . . well, me. Although actually that theme was proposed by the gallery owner, Hermes Kondor, nearly a year ago. He enjoys "challenging" me with themes: the exhibit before that, based on his suggestion, was "Christmas" (which was interesting if a bit nightmarish to do, and weirdly may have actually been my most "controversial" exhibition ever).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

Finally got things to work!!! The pic in front of me is made up of four equal sized linked mesh parts, with 4 individual textures!!! The textures all match up!!!

pic_378.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 7