How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

7 hours ago, archangel969 said:

And good news about Dutch estate (en how it will look to stay at the subject 🙂 ).

My neighbour has answered my question and she said the houses will be on the ground in two days. She was just trying things out and looking where the houses could fit perfectly.

So problem will be solved! But I must say I got all happy by the sweet reactions here. Especially the incredibly sweet offer from Charlotte! Charlotte, if I can help you with anything, just say so!

Glad to hear it worked out with your neighbor.

• Like 2

After all of the cool Ouija talk and pictures in this thread, I'm back to watching TV in my Bellisseria home, this time "Ouija House".  Earlier, I was experimenting with streaming video on a prim, and suddenly I noticed crosshairs on me!  😨 There was someone standing outside my window, for reals!  Since I had autoplay on the TV, I thought they might join me in watching the movie but vanished shortly after I noticed them.  I never did see another user join in on the chat on the website I have the TV streaming on, so they must have autoplay turned off in their viewer.

Snapshot_788.thumb.png.c635be37840f1c319b59e1ec97f0eb6b.png

Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny considering an earlier post here where I was RPing on this thread hearing something outside of my window the other day.  Part of me hoped they would sit on the couch and watch TV with me, but at the same time it is getting close to my bedtime and I don't think I will make it all of the way through the movie.  

Snapshot_790.thumb.png.954b35632270fad283b5a754d4a04464.png

I had set up the environment to match the spookiness for the movie I was watching, and just outside of this window is where the avatar appeared.  They did not stick around for long, so I did not capture an image of them.  Not that it would do very much good, because they never rendered completely and remained an orange ghost in my viewer for most of the time  Don't mind the outfit, I know it is not Halloween, it is just something I sometimes wear while playing GCS in a fantasy setting.  

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty funny coincidence and it did actually spook me for a moment.  Seeing someone outside of my window, looking in, is not common.  I have had others knock on my door in the past, or come in and pet my kittycat, but it is pretty rare.

• Like 11

Today I'm working on my skybox, the zombie infested city has all been put away in a rez box to be enjoyed at a later time.

Snapshot_792.thumb.png.aa8af7becb6a169bb61e07011341635a.png

Now I am working on a fantasy theme, I've just started to put it together now

Snapshot_798.thumb.png.ba581970e907e6b391bb84ebb7a7e571.png

It is starting to take up some form, it is still a bit rough at the moment but it is getting there.

Snapshot_797.thumb.png.16a4ebeaf4c009a03691a6b18a2d63a0.png

I'll have to add some horse trails, a well, furnish my tower and perhaps add a building or two.  So far 207 Li used, but a lot of it is from the ship.  I think I can bring that down quite a lot by removing some parts of it later on. I'll also touch up on the tower a bit, adding a darker tone to the exterior of it all.  I'll need to landscape with a few rocks here and there, add some grass as well as a flower garden 🥰  It will get there eventually.

One more shot:

Snapshot-802.png

Shading the tower makes it look a lot better I think.  I'm looking forward to adding a few touches here and there.  So far this has been a really easy build.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 7

This is what happens when I stay up past my normal bed time in SL.

Snapshot_825.thumb.png.1402956a127c01f671aa985eb55cf41b.png

I really should go to bed, but I don't want to leave SL just yet.

Snapshot_826.thumb.png.994c8bb80981e679beb22e7c0f40b345.png

Anywho, if any dragons try to come burn down my tower I have the defensive capacity to take them out. 

Snapshot_812.thumb.png.c259e74c464cb94bbc5045f2b6c8e016.png

Most of the day in SL was spent adding things to my skybox, removing them, day dreaming what I want it to look like, wandering around with my horse while thinking of what I should add.  After a few hours of this, I went with the ducky above, because, why not?  For now the rubber ducky is hiding in caverns waiting for any danger that may come to my skybox 😋

Not much has changed to the skybox after all of the changes, mostly just lining up things up so they fit together better.  I did add some grass, a stone path, some projectors for lighting.. but everything else I had added I opted to remove.

I think I may just furnish the tower, and leave the remaining Li relatively high so that I can use it as a sandbox and rez things as I see fit.  I mean, who knows when I want to just add a gigantic rubber ducky just for the fun of it🤣 This way I can get a lot of photos and change things around more often for this theme.  

Snapshot-827.png

:D  Goodnight everyone

This one is bound to go in my rez box in a few short days.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

Most of the day in SL was spent adding things to my skybox, removing them, day dreaming what I want it to look like, wandering around with my horse while thinking of what I should add.  After a few hours of this, I went with the ducky above, because, why not?  For now the rubber ducky is hiding in caverns waiting for any danger that may come to my skybox 😋

The duck is an excellent choice. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

The duck is an excellent choice. :D

I thought so too, until it pulled out the Ouija board..  Who knows what sort of ghost a gigantic rubber ducky can pull through a spiritual rift between our dimension and the astral planes.  I fear for the worst.

Snapshot_829.thumb.png.ab8d73d3eada9d73e81ffaa98a581391.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

I went and got a proper ouija board. Let's see if we'll catch some cool spirits.

summonghost_001.thumb.jpg.541a50fb9ee213f9147c41f640105eff.jpg

Some spirited girls might come out of that ouija board. Be careful, you might have fun.

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Oops, now I have done something I did not plan to do at all: buy more land.

There was an abandoned parcel near Dutch estate (unfortunately not adjacent) and I bought it. Dutch estate is still winter, but for the new parcel I have already started spring.

The theme is the same: a Dutch atmosphere and not big-city life but outdoor life.

Now the theme is highlighted slightly differently: a tiny hamlet surrounded by a lake with houses built on small islands. A bit like Giethoorn, but I do only three houses: a cottage, a residential house and a café. For my taste, it did get a bit neat and tidy in atmosphere, but after all, many Dutch towns and villages are neat and tidy LOL. Authenticity is most important to me and also the feeling that people really live and reside there, even more than the decorative.

And most important, does it make me feel home?

Snapshot_2081208249_036a.png

Snapshot_2081208249_051.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 10

On 2/11/2023 at 6:40 AM, Istelathis said:

After all of the cool Ouija talk and pictures in this thread, I'm back to watching TV in my Bellisseria home, this time "Ouija House".  Earlier, I was experimenting with streaming video on a prim, and suddenly I noticed crosshairs on me!  😨 There was someone standing outside my window, for reals!  Since I had autoplay on the TV, I thought they might join me in watching the movie but vanished shortly after I noticed them.  I never did see another user join in on the chat on the website I have the TV streaming on, so they must have autoplay turned off in their viewer.

Snapshot_788.thumb.png.c635be37840f1c319b59e1ec97f0eb6b.png

Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny considering an earlier post here where I was RPing on this thread hearing something outside of my window the other day.  Part of me hoped they would sit on the couch and watch TV with me, but at the same time it is getting close to my bedtime and I don't think I will make it all of the way through the movie.  

Snapshot_790.thumb.png.954b35632270fad283b5a754d4a04464.png

The hat looks great on you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I thought so too, until it pulled out the Ouija board..  Who knows what sort of ghost a gigantic rubber ducky can pull through a spiritual rift between our dimension and the astral planes.  I fear for the worst.

Snapshot_829.thumb.png.ab8d73d3eada9d73e81ffaa98a581391.png

Get the flamethrower. I got graham crackers.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Get the flamethrower. I got graham crackers.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Chocolate and marshmallows too?

Right then, one heaping serving  of s'mores coming right up!  Prepare your graham crackers and chocolate 😋

Snapshot_833.thumb.png.364cd0ae8574b25577883f580fada38a.png

I just have to calibrate my equipment, this shouldn't take too long

1870693488_Snapshot_829-frameat0m1s.thumb.jpg.0171489e9a400b29f31d5e406f08cb40.jpg

Mwahahahahaha!  What could possibly go wrong here?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4