How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

12 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Haha, I was testing myself, not you all, but yeah! Is it like a little movie? I wonder if I can add audio. A lot of my SL is the opposite of static, what is the word? Dynamic? Anyway, moves a lot. So this can be great for me to show you all what I see. Lol, warning, right? haha

Oh. I am a little slow, I see what you did there. Why do people come to this thread to make fun of me for posting to this thread? I stay out of the other threads on purpose. It's ok, Sl is actually huge.

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

e8341c2044d5551c7be9a95510f54f46.gif

This is a test, apologies if goes wrong.

I don't come into this thread often enough. 

Your outfit is lovely, it shimmers. With a regular photo you just don't get that kind of detail.

And the sky is reminding me of drumstick lollies from my childhood. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I don't come into this thread often enough. 

Your outfit is lovely, it shimmers. With a regular photo you just don't get that kind of detail.

And the sky is reminding me of drumstick lollies from my childhood. 

I have no idea what you just said but Taylor says Shimmer! so awesome like, and I have missed you and thanks for liking my photos. I'm trying to make them better, 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

No, but I think it is cool that you all can express your selves in such unique and interesting ways, I have a hard time with just the one of me :) and third from left makes me think of the video Feel Good by the Gorillas :) and far right dude is David Bowie, lol

Thanks. I had to look up the video and could see the slight resemblence with one character. Never heard of the band Gorillaz, but I'm digging their stuff I'm seeing so far. So thanks for mentioning them. :D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

What is a drumstick lollie? Some kind of bizarre European nonsense, ha. Oh, before they ban us, this is Second Life related cause where else am I gonna learn European nonsense, except SECOND LIFE.

LOL, I had to find out, so here ya go.  And this was from eBay so you can buy your own, tons of them!image.thumb.jpeg.162e11ea7c70de4fe2a894ff1d577c8e.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

LOL, I had to find out, so here ya go.  And this was from eBay so you can buy your own, tons of them!image.thumb.jpeg.162e11ea7c70de4fe2a894ff1d577c8e.jpeg

3 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

What is a drumstick lollie? Some kind of bizarre European nonsense, ha. Oh, before they ban us, this is Second Life related cause where else am I gonna learn European nonsense, except SECOND LIFE.

The wrapper is a little misleading, as the colours of the confectionery within is completely different...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:
On 2/7/2023 at 3:38 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I see a gal moving in an image.

Did I get it right?  Was the test successful?  

Was this a snide remark? I don't get you, if it was, let's talk about it.

No it was not a snide remark.

I wasn't sure what exactly you were testing, so I stated what I saw and asked if that was correct and if it was what you were trying to do.

Simple statement, simple questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:
On 2/7/2023 at 3:43 PM, Charolotte Caxton said:

Haha, I was testing myself, not you all, but yeah! Is it like a little movie? I wonder if I can add audio. A lot of my SL is the opposite of static, what is the word? Dynamic? Anyway, moves a lot. So this can be great for me to show you all what I see. Lol, warning, right? haha

Oh. I am a little slow, I see what you did there. Why do people come to this thread to make fun of me for posting to this thread? I stay out of the other threads on purpose. It's ok, Sl is actually huge.

While you quoted yourself on this post, based on your other question to me, I'm wondering if the comment that I bolded here in the quote was specifically meaning me.  If so, hopefully you now understand that I was not making fun of you.

It is very easy in a forum to assume the wrong intentions of someone else, because there is no body language or tone inflection.  For myself, I prefer to always assume something good from others unless they definitely indicate otherwise. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While you quoted yourself on this post, based on your other question to me, I'm wondering if the comment that I bolded here in the quote was specifically meaning me.  If so, hopefully you now understand that I was not making fun of you.

It is very easy in a forum to assume the wrong intentions of someone else, because there is no body language or tone inflection.  For myself, I prefer to always assume something good from others unless they definitely indicate otherwise. 

Thank you, I know you weren't making fun of me, I had a fit? /episode? whatever you call it, sorry I let it explode onto here. You have been nothing but kind to me, all of you. Apologies where deserved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I contacted the neighbour about the 'hanging houses' right next to my land, if she could hang them higher in the sky and invited her to tea. She didn't respond until now but I don't know what I can expect from a neighbour who calls herself MissBadSF LOL.

But you'll never know! 😉

Snapshot_2081208243_001.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thank you, I know you weren't making fun of me, I had a fit? /episode? whatever you call it, sorry I let it explode onto here. You have been nothing but kind to me, all of you. Apologies where deserved. 

I didn't think LilMe was making any Snide remark either. I thought it was an honest question, and she was trying to help by pointing out what she was seeing.  I thought it was nice of her to comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

We all have days like that. 

I think, I hope, you are among friends here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

We all have days like that. 

I think, I hope, you are among friends here. 

I am, I think that is why I rage so easy here, feels comfortable and I forget I am posting publicly and not just a room full of friends. I promise to do better. Thanks, waking up and seeing purple text really helped. Sorry to derail a fun thread. Again. That's the last of this, ok? Back to pictures :)

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I am, I think that is why I rage so easy here, feels comfortable and I forget I am posting publicly and not just a room full of friends. I promise to do better. Thanks, waking up and seeing purple text really helped. Sorry to derail a fun thread. Again. That's the last of this, ok? Back to pictures :)

I prefer your honest and sincere responses many times over people who colour within the lines but work with double agendas, are dishonest and play games behind your back. Honesty and sincerity is a quality and is recognised and appreciated. That is why you are surrounded by friends here. Precisely because of who you are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With the 'Chelsea photo group', the subject came up on a ouija board that was used.

Very early on, I got involved in occult matters because a great-aunt of mine used to do fortune-telling and lead séances. So nostalgia for me, but never delved into it since my twenties (though I still have books with tables for astrology and unreadable works by Madame Blavatsky an Aleister Crowley in the cupboard).
Anyways, I just bought a quija table and put it down in the attic room of the old mill for so long. Is a good place for it anyway with that magic spell book and absinthe to get in the mood LOL.

Snapshot_2081208243_003a.png

• Like 6

And good news about Dutch estate (en how it will look to stay at the subject 🙂 ).

My neighbour has answered my question and she said the houses will be on the ground in two days. She was just trying things out and looking where the houses could fit perfectly.

So problem will be solved! But I must say I got all happy by the sweet reactions here. Especially the incredibly sweet offer from Charlotte! Charlotte, if I can help you with anything, just say so!

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, archangel969 said:

I prefer your honest and sincere responses many times over people who colour within the lines but work with double agendas, are dishonest and play games behind your back. Honesty and sincerity is a quality and is recognised and appreciated. That is why you are surrounded by friends here. Precisely because of who you are.

I cannot adequately express how much reading this meant to me. I just cant't. Let's just say jewel sized tears are in my way. Thank you.

4 hours ago, archangel969 said:

And good news about Dutch estate (en how it will look to stay at the subject 🙂 ).

My neighbour has answered my question and she said the houses will be on the ground in two days. She was just trying things out and looking where the houses could fit perfectly.

So problem will be solved! But I must say I got all happy by the sweet reactions here. Especially the incredibly sweet offer from Charlotte! Charlotte, if I can help you with anything, just say so!

It's Charolotte, with an O :) and yay your neighbor and you solved a thing! and anything I can do, same :D

• Like 2