Explain to me how new stilt homes get released, and how you get one as Premium member?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see two regions outlined in yellow on the map, that I assume are indicators of "coming soon"? All of the home have blue boxes around them, and arrows still on the roofs.

For example: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1752/153/154/26

As a premium member, and in the simplest terms possible, how do I find out when these lovely homes are ready to grab and available? I have never figured this out in all my time here. I also hear there is a massive freak-out rush to get them as soon as they open up, and I'm basically more likely to win my lottery than get one of these?

Thanks.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

• Katherine Heartsong changed the title to Explain to me how new stilt homes get released, and how you get one as Premium member?

TY I will, what region are they listed under? Are they considered Belliserian?

It is, so am waiting now and slowly refreshing. Did see a stilt over land, but am looking for one pier-attached or on water. But know how now to do it, thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Okay, now I am confused .. refreshing I have seen two "Stilt home on land" come up (and disappear).

In that description though it says "Choose between landbound, pier-attached, or fully over water". So, that is very unclear to me. Does that mean that the offered house is possibly over water or pier-attched and I can choose (these later two are what I want, btw)?

... the one I want will appear in styles and be clearly named that, as in "Stilt home pier-attached" Yes. Missed one.

home.jpg

spelling
  • Like 1

The stilts are the most confusing homes to choose because they have the different options on the land page.  A few hints:

> The home pictured on the website is generic, it is NOT the actual home you receive.

> A house is categorized as "Stilt on Land" if its front door is on land.   A stilt on land that happens to be on land bordering water CAN have enough water under its back docks to moor one or two boats.

1672174792_WesleyTorleymiddayNostalgika_001fixed.thumb.jpg.38b0f760863c0cdf6be6bd16908be6af.jpg

> A home is categorized as "Stilt on Pier" if it is off of a pier that actually projects out from land.  In many places the front door of a stilt will front onto a boardwalk running along the edge of a beach; such boardwalks can look exactly like piers.  Stilts positioned in this way are usually classified as "Stilt on Water".  Check out the stilts in Lost Caves region for examples.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

the one I want will appear in styles and be clearly named that, as in "Stilt home pier-attached" Yes. Missed one.

All three stilt styles have their own individual category. Not all "on land" stilts will be purely on land they could back or front on to water. With pier and water properties its rather common based on what I've seen in my home and neighbouring regions that people will Rez things that clearly extend beyond or wholely outside their parcel. I can only put that down to boundaries not being obvious enough and people not caring

• Like 2

Sometimes people notify when they abandon houses. If you post in that thread and ask if someone is abandoning, you could arrange a time where you sit ready to refresh the page and maybe you get it if you are lucky.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/470191-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellisserian-home-available-starting-afresh/

Often it goes to other people who sit and refresh, but it does not hurt to try.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

3 seconds.

From time page refreshes and you see one of those two styles, name filled (pasted), next, click i agree checkbox. Gone.

Six times now.

Are people using JS/a hack to do this lightning fast, or is everyone trying to grab one of these? Wow.

• Like 1

Yes, lots of folks are trying to get them.  But here's a trick to do it faster.  I use two different types of browser for this, i.e. chrome and firefox, but that prolly isn't necessary. 

Select the home you want, fill in its name (by the way, you probably don't have to paste a name in once you try to claim a home - click on the field and your browser will probably autofill the last few names you used, click on one).

> In the next screen DO NOT click the "I agree". Just stay there.

> Go to your other browser and refresh the land page (you need to use another avatar, but they don't have to be premium.  Log them into the website and use this link, they should see the land page.)

> When you see a home you want, RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL BROWSER AND CLICK "I agree".  You will probably get it.

Welcome to the Game of Homes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yay!!!!!! Got myself a houseboat and since I have a nice BBX sailboat, I"m good!!!!!!!

(Now, how to change the style of houseboat? Hmmm.)

Just look for this orange ring on the dock. Click and the houseboat styles will pop up in blue box. If you want to see ideas for decorating a houseboat look in this forum for different models and furnishings. Here is a link to my current houseboat that has had a few changes. See pictures below. Come visit here  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pier Pressure/38/74/22

86741081_houseboat_001.jpg.4e6d0d50b7709b7c0b0d6b91250b8006.jpg

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yay!!!!!! Got myself a houseboat and since I have a nice BBX sailboat, I"m good!!!!!!!

(Now, how to change the style of houseboat? Hmmm.)

I loved my houseboat when I had one! I hope when you are done moving in that you post pics of it in the show your Linden home thread 🙂

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.