Question regarding Boots Clipping through pants.

Slider Fireguard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys and gals, simple question i got, i bought a pair of Harness boots which i also wear in RL and was first pair in sl i saw that had good quality and was no demo for them so i took a chance and unfortunately dont fit quite right as i can shrink them down to not stick through upper part of pants but then my feets look to small lol. I sent creator a message asking would it be possible to resize the upper part maybe or even if more simple just cut off the upper half completely which im honestly surprised isnt a common option with boots in sl as it would make things so easier if could hide the upper half of boots but is this something creators are open to doing?, im fine even if he charges for it as he seems friendly from his notecard i saw that came with boots.   If anyone happens to know of a pair of Harness Boots that are good quality id be down to look at the links as these are the ones i currently bought below.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/COXBlack-Harness-Boots-Set/11993400

16 minutes ago, Slider Fireguard said:

Hey guys and gals, simple question i got, i bought a pair of Harness boots which i also wear in RL and was first pair in sl i saw that had good quality and was no demo for them so i took a chance and unfortunately dont fit quite right as i can shrink them down to not stick through upper part of pants but then my feets look to small lol. I sent creator a message asking would it be possible to resize the upper part maybe or even if more simple just cut off the upper half completely which im honestly surprised isnt a common option with boots in sl as it would make things so easier if could hide the upper half of boots but is this something creators are open to doing?, im fine even if he charges for it as he seems friendly from his notecard i saw that came with boots.   If anyone happens to know of a pair of Harness Boots that are good quality id be down to look at the links as these are the ones i currently bought below.

I went over to the inworld store and there isn't a demo for anything (including clothes) to be found. No click the vendor and get the demo either :D.  So lesson learned.  The owner may no longer be around much so if you don't get a reply you'll know why.

MEANWHILE they appear to be mod and NOT rigged (another hint as the store sign says that they are for classic avatars)>    

You best bet would be to move the boots DOWN your leg so that your pants fit. Then make that part of your body (feet for sure) invisible either with your alpha hud for your body or with an alpha layer to make the feet disappear.   

The other option would be to wear different or texture pants but I am guessing that isn't high on your list. 

Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

22 minutes ago, Slider Fireguard said:

Or try something like this

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DEMO-LEATHER-BIKER-BOOTS-V8-SHOP/17888918

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I went over to the inworld store and there isn't a demo for anything (including clothes) to be found. No click the vendor and get the demo either :D.  So lesson learned.  The owner may no longer be around much so if you don't get a reply you'll know why.

MEANWHILE they appear to be mod and NOT rigged (another hint as the store sign says that they are for classic avatars)>    

You best bet would be to move the boots DOWN your leg so that your pants fit. Then make that part of your body (feet for sure) invisible either with your alpha hud for your body or with an alpha layer to make the feet disappear.   

The other option would be to wear different or texture pants but I am guessing that isn't high on your list. 

Good luck. 

Wait so the creator could not even be on sl and they still sell there stuff ? Never knew that lol and ya its not a big deal its just im OCD on that stuff and they look so good and was hoping for a way to fix them but ya it was only like 400 linden so not a big deal rly but i appreciate u looking though, hopefully he replies as of right now he has not. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Man those are so close to what i want him to do with current ones its just they lack the quality of ones i got, but those are def the style i want and would love to find that kinda version without a top part to wear. 

36 minutes ago, Slider Fireguard said:

Man those are so close to what i want him to do with current ones its just they lack the quality of ones i got, but those are def the style i want and would love to find that kinda version without a top part to wear. 

This one has a shorter version included to wear under pants

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Biker-Boots-Black/14801265

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slider Fireguard said:

Ya those def do what i want its just they dont have that circle on side like the other boots but i might just buy those and use as they aint bad. 

Those boots you did get say there are 2 versions.  One tall and one short.  Did you try both?

... and be prepared for eternal fitting nightmares.

You rarely get a perfect match with shoes by creator A and pants by creator B.

Besides that, I don't see any reason that would justify such a price tag for that kind of boots. Nice leather texure, at best, but meh. Apparently, the store focuses on one certain body and one certain "fetish" and defines their price based on that criteria.

Take these, for example... though they are of the older kind, they are actually seperate pieces in thee kind of sizes. Simply don't wear the upper part or resize the unrigged version to your liking.

Or same store, different botos... yum. They come with a tight fitted version, which tends to blend quite well under quite a lot of pants.

Another option is the 50% off sale at Mossu, extended through the weekened. They have two pai of boots for men... second (?) cubicle, in a corner facing away from the entrance... one being a Doc Martens type of boots and the other a pair of knee-height combat boots.

5 hours ago, Mollymews said:

try searching on ANKLE BOOTS

i didnt even think about that, good call. I did buy some others last night and some were def bad but eh, when no demo is involved its a risk but ill def search with that term instead and see. 

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

or bootcut pants.. there are some that deliver those with their original.

Ya the boots i have in RL i know they dont list them with there real name in sl, most ive seen is them labeled as biker boots but i appreciate the idea for searches as i feel pretty confident will find a good pair. 

3 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... and be prepared for eternal fitting nightmares.

You rarely get a perfect match with shoes by creator A and pants by creator B.

Besides that, I don't see any reason that would justify such a price tag for that kind of boots. Nice leather texure, at best, but meh. Apparently, the store focuses on one certain body and one certain "fetish" and defines their price based on that criteria.

Take these, for example... though they are of the older kind, they are actually seperate pieces in thee kind of sizes. Simply don't wear the upper part or resize the unrigged version to your liking.

Or same store, different botos... yum. They come with a tight fitted version, which tends to blend quite well under quite a lot of pants.

Another option is the 50% off sale at Mossu, extended through the weekened. They have two pai of boots for men... second (?) cubicle, in a corner facing away from the entrance... one being a Doc Martens type of boots and the other a pair of knee-height combat boots.

Ya thats sl in a nut shell on clothes and ya the quality was best ive seen for them boots compared to others and look legit like almost exactly like my RL ones to the point they line up with pants just right but that upper half just ugh sticks out and ruins it, why im rly shocked this is a normal option for boots in general but like someone said this was for classic avatars but still, would def be a nice universal option going forward. 

And alright ill check out the places u mentioned and boots, i just rly want the style like mine in rl like in link as i love them boots lol. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Rebellion has a pair harness style boots and their height looks low enough: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/REBELLION-HALFORD-BOOTS-DEMO/17180634

ya those are a bit to pointy as another pair i tried was like that and looks rly weird  on my avatar but i did finally find a pair, wasnt exactly same look but it works :)

On 4/10/2021 at 9:58 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

I appreciate the overall style may not be exactly what you want but this option from Equal does include a version that can be worn under trousers https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/EQUAL-Alex-Boots-DEMO/17140447 

I actually bought those but picture of them is mis leading as they look pretty good but when u put them on the inside of boot does not have the circle loop thing at all which urked me but i finally found a pair that wasnt exact but close enough that im happy with for now till something better comes along hopefully. 

I know these do not have the circle loop you are looking for, but I thought I would share them with you anyway. Tonktastic's owner takes great care in making high quality, super detailed mesh. I love his captain boots. I was not able to find a demo on the MP for these but you might check out their store in world. Here is a picture of them from Flickr.

TonkTastic Captain's Boots

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.